Archived Peter Pilotto collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a smallish crowd waiting at the doors this AM but it wasn't nearly the size of the Missoni crowd.

Why don't they just bring Missoni Back? I mean, isn't that the sales they want? Wouldn't it work again...

Silly HL4, you've been gone too long...when something works well at Spot, we switch it up to something else. When something fails miserably, we grind it into the ground until it works (or TMs just stop doing it).

Why don't they just bring Missoni Back? I mean, isn't that the sales they want? Wouldn't it work again...

I would think spot would love to have it back again, but Missoni would have to be the one to allow it; I doubt the company would; they might see these cheaper, lower-quality products diluting the brand too much.

Missoni was trying to bring an affordable line to Target clientele but all that happened was that everything was bought up by the rich bitches & sold on ebay for 4x the original cost.

Missoni was trying to bring an affordable line to Target clientele but all that happened was that everything was bought up by the rich bitches & sold on ebay for 4x the original cost.

But... think of the sales, caused by the madness :p That's what Target so desperately needs.

I just think, if spot, could somehow convince the Walmart Clientele, that the pricing at Target, wasn't really that more expensive, and the merchandise was better quality, they could start to get that market share, and bring in lots of desperately needed revenue.

That, and they need Exclusives. Not Music, but, actual Exclusive Merchandise. Stuff only at Target, that brings in the Middle Class clientele target is so famous for.

With that, maybe they could get a reasonable, 10 or 20% or more increase in sales, so they wouldn't have such drastic hour cuts.

Having a new ceo, might help too.

At this point, I don't care who buys what crap. Our guy that comes in and buys all the Monster High crap so he can sell it at a higher price? At least we're selling it. His money is as good as anyone else's. Of course if people wouldn't buy it at such jacked up prices, then he wouldn't have the incentive to do it. Of course I'm not a parent looking for that must have Monster High doll for my kid, either.

The thing is, even as scummy as some of the guests are, there buying something spot bought at wholesale, and is selling at a mere profit. We need that, desperately right now.

Any sale, is a sale, at this point.

Re: exclusives - we lost that edge when spot dropped Michael Graves & Isaac Mizrahe (sp?) left.

I forgot about Michael Graves...that was before my employment time. That stuff was always classy and to me, made Spot what it was in terms of being a step up.

My store has been so desperate for sales, we have allowed this one dude to come in whenever Pepsi is on sale and buy carts and carts of it.

Re: exclusives - we lost that edge when spot dropped Michael Graves & Isaac Mizrahe (sp?) left.

Why Michael Graves left.

We went from half a dozen objects in 1997 to more than 2,000 when the partnership with Target ended last year. When we had started, we got a whole 24-foot space and were the only outside designers. Then they added a larger stable of designers such as Isaac Mizrahi. Target eventually added 500 in-house designers. Little by little, we became the last outside designers standing. We became competition. That’s not a favorable position to be in. Instead of having a Michael Graves aisle, they began putting the toasters with the toasters, and tea kettles with tea kettles. It was harder to find our statement. It was a good time to go.

Instead of having a Michael Graves aisle, they began putting the toasters with the toasters, and tea kettles with tea kettles. It was harder to find our statement. It was a good time to go.
[/quote]

Umm. Isn't that how a store is supposed to be organized? I can understand his point, but, target is so limited with space.

Idk who Michael Graves is.

I still consider target a more expensive Walmart. The quality is pretty similar. I just ripped four pairs of khakis in the last month. My wally pair (Dickie's that actually fit my butt) went a day after the mossimo pair. I had em for about the same time period. Got the WMs maybe a week prior. And wm is stepping up their trend game. That's where target has them beat. Trends. So many good knockoffs at target. Got a great Cambridge satchel co lookalike for $7 on clearance lol. And I had a Balenciaga inspired bag from tgt back in high school. You won't find that at wally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it in the backroom the other day. It looks horrible. Maybe the swimsuits will sell but the clothes look ugly.
Well with the tiny bit of material needed to make a swimsuit and just one type of material used it will be difficult to ugly that up. Mind you I have not seen the swim suits yet.

I still consider target a more expensive Walmart. The quality is pretty similar.

Consumer Reports, did price checking a few years ago, on a few thousand items, and they found the differences, in pricing between 1 & 2 % between us and them. More interestingly, they said that on most things in our electronics section, we were noticeably cheaper.

I think they only way, Walmart Really Beats us, is in Grocery Pricing. And even then, with your Team Member Discount, you should come out ahead.

walmart-target-prices.png

target-walmart-shopping-list.png
[/quote]

I've noticed that walmart's HBA products are generally way overpriced. I also recall a documentary, the high cost of low prices, discussing how walmart would put cheap items in the raceways to give the illusion of cheapness and have either equivalent or more expensive pricing in the main aisles. There's very little pricing difference, and considering the distance people drive to make these possible 'savings', I suspect they're blowing it on gas and return trips to buy another 8 dollar crappy shirt.

The only thing I wish Target would actually do is make their produce department more competitive for P-Frsh stores. The pricing on the fruits and veggies are just disgustingly overpriced, especially in Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back