Pets Transition

A few months ago, there was communication about the litter wall being too high (it set with 5 shelves) and that it should be reduced to 4 shelves (which is what it used to be years ago). I had never set it with 5 shelves (we didn't have the shelves to do it and we realized then it was too dangerous to set that high).

For the up coming transition; our litter wall is a revision... but it's still 5 shelves in the revision?!

I'm already getting pallets of the plastic tubs of litter, so I was flexing them out since our litter wall is nearly empty. That's when I noticed the "change" or non-change in the litter wall revision. UGH. Love how communication is consistent.

Was talking about this very thing with the Pets DBO a few days ago because a guest had asked what was going on with the almost empty shelves for kitty litter. She was telling me about the 4-shelf vs. 5-shelf thing, and everyone at our store agrees that 5 is 1 too many. Short people like me would probably drop one of those heavy containers on my head or on the floor, assuming I could even reach one if they aren't zoned and faced well. DBOs stocking those shelves are setting themselves up for injury from repeated lifting to the 5th shelf.
Our DBO is going with 4 shelves. Modifying the POG for this will still allow plenty of stock to be on the floor.

I've never seen a store set it with 5 shelves. We skip the top one and change those counts to zero. That entire pog is a safety hazard. Our shelves have held litter for more than a decade and it shows--the shelves are all bowed from the weight and the gondola pegboard is all busted up from people pushing back too far. Items like this should remain as pallets drops and not shelved. Ever.

A few months ago, there was communication about the litter wall being too high (it set with 5 shelves) and that it should be reduced to 4 shelves (which is what it used to be years ago). I had never set it with 5 shelves (we didn't have the shelves to do it and we realized then it was too dangerous to set that high).

For the up coming transition; our litter wall is a revision... but it's still 5 shelves in the revision?!

I'm already getting pallets of the plastic tubs of litter, so I was flexing them out since our litter wall is nearly empty. That's when I noticed the "change" or non-change in the litter wall revision. UGH. Love how communication is consistent.

It says on the revision that stores can opt to not set the 5th shelf if they feel it's a safety hazard. I haven't set it yet but it looks like this time the 4th and 5th shelf have exactly the same product so you wouldn't have to flex much.

I still think it's stupid for them to add a 5th shelf regardless if it's optional or not.

If the top shelf is a duplicate of the 4th, that's an improvement. Zero out the top and move on. I've had to adjust facings to get those random few 5th shelf only items in. It wasn't much, mostly stuff in the 5th and 6th sections. I've also lowered the 40lb boxes to the basedeck. Instead of the 4th shelf where they were originally located.

They don't always take into consideration the weight when they make these pogs. Litter wall is proof.

No kitty litter at my store. It’s been empty for 4 days now.
We flex paper there for now

I’ll go to the beach and pick up some sand if target is paying.
But serious what’s up with the shortage of kitty litter

i’m glad we finally sold through the multiple pallets of discontinued litter that never went clearance - was afraid we would have to salvage it all.

We Also never set the 5th shelves last year - not having them made the decision easy. Yes, made caps zero Also.

No kitty litter at my store. It’s been empty for 4 days now.
We flex paper there for now

I’ll go to the beach and pick up some sand if target is paying.
But serious what’s up with the shortage of kitty litter
Tidy cat changed the plastic pale to paper & the formula of the litter.

Set the litter today. Which wasn't too bad. Hate that the Tidy Cat pails are back. They're so freaking heavy and they only come in pallets, so I have 4 pallets of back stock now 🙄. 2 more varieties of up and up pails were also added. A new Fresh Step that comes in 2 boxed varieties, and look identical 😑, except for a Febreze logo. And a really small 10lb version too.

I had almost 70% fill. Might be the last store to have this much at one time 😅

Did you have enough 32" shelves for the move in dog food (assuming your stores uses them)? Had to steal a bunch some from our back wall. Gahhh...

Did you have enough 32" shelves for the move in dog food (assuming your stores uses them)? Had to steal a bunch some from our back wall. Gahhh...
I'm setting a week early, but did notice that some of the new sets are adding and removing shelves. I did an inventory and found that I'm down 3 shelves. Hoping they get delivered by the time I set officially.

The shelves on the backwall won't fit inline (different notch spacing), at least in our store.

Haven’t started yet - toys still haunting us.

Not looking forward to pet changes! Ultra A/B and Premium A/B Combined last year and split up this year! WTF why ??!

with any changes to any dept. with over-sized shelves we are always short.
If they get removed they are never saved - swept back immediately.
So when they are ever added - do not have !

Not looking forward to pet changes! Ultra A/B and Premium A/B Combined last year and split up this year! WTF why ??!

That sucks. We have the same changes and one aisle is adding 9 mores 32" shelves.

Toy reset went smoothly, the transition push was chaotic (not enough hours to have anyone do it, so it took us an extra week to finish pushing). The Lego sign also was missing pieces that didn't come in until the following week. UGH!

As for Pet's
I have 3 aisles of dog food that are changing, I have enough shelves to do 2 of them completely since one side is losing 5 shelves and the other gaining it. The last aisle will be the crap shoot. I have to look to see if I can be clever and maybe condense some facings to get all the product out. And then see about ordering or borrowing shelves from another store. Either will likely be a bust.

Ordering shelves will do you no good--Lozier isn't producing any right now so any orders are being cancelled.

You guys are absolutely terrifying me about these pogs with shelf changes. I haven't looked at them at all yet.....😳

Ordering shelves will do you no good--Lozier isn't producing any right now so any orders are being cancelled.

You guys are absolutely terrifying me about these pogs with shelf changes. I haven't looked at them at all yet.....😳
Me either. And I’ve got two people scheduled tomorrow morning at 4 am to get it rolling.
Hell, I’m still waiting on shelves from the baby reset at the start of the year.

New Target brand too, Kindfull.
We have been shipping a decent amount of it out this past week. In my opinion it looks ugly. It looks like a generic discount brand doing a half assed attempt at trying to pretend to be upscale.
Usually Target brands walk that fine line of being cheap but not Walmart-cheap correctly. This one missed the mark. I would expect to see a similar visual style from my local grocery generic branded items.

I ain’t feeding that shit to my baby. And you have to transition to any new food.

The 5th shelf being removed was for stores without the high capacity gondola that typically set along the perimeter walls like beverage. If you had the heavy duty shelves and high capacity gondolas the 5th shelf was good to stay, we still have it at my store. Although pretty much any remodeled store that moved pets back by seasonal/toys has litter on a dividing wall which is not set to hold the weight and caused a stores diving wall to fall over. It’s optional because it depends on your prototype even though almost every store has the same pog

Back