Archived PFresh Milk Order - Create a combination chart with a shared x-axis from two sets of data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can see in the photo, I've got a set of data that has On Hand (OH) and On Order (OO) counts for the items, organized by date. I want to create a combination chart that compares the two, with the date being the x-axis, a range of 0-100 for the y-axis, OH counts as a line graph, and OO counts overlaying that as a bar graph. Can this be done in Microsoft Excel? image.jpg

Do you guys order your own milk? Our milk vendor comes in on Wednesdays and does his own order for the store.

My only idea is to create the two graphs separately, and then see if you can merge the two. Probably can't be done on older versions of Excel.

I make additions to the order that is auto genrated by sales each week.

Now as to the spread sheet if I knew how to do what you are asking, I wouldn't be working at Target, sorry !

I honestly couldn't tell you, but I like the spiffy spreadsheet.

I now realize why my milk guy has a pained look on his face, and why the non Super CTLs I've spoken to look at me in horror when I mention pushing milk.

Triple or quadruple your On Order numbers and you've got an average milk delivery for my A volume pfresh store. Increase it by another 50% for the Friday delivery.

I still run out of milk on a semi regular basis.

Sorry for going off topic there. Really nice spreadsheet though.

Thanks for the input folks! I haven't had a chance to mess with the spreadsheet yet, but hopefully I can get it figured out.

@looseseal, Yes, I order for one of the two brands of milk we carry. I originally tried your suggestion, but it turned into a jumbled mess.

@Gulfcoast thanks! And holy cow, if I had to deal with that volume of milk I'd cry.

I tried to do something similar to this a few months ago when our milk vendor was being inconsistent with their deliveries. Running out of stock or horribly over stock. But with schedule cuts, I don't have time anymore to sit down and analyze the numbers

for milk thank the 'Target Gods' for our loading of milk right from the pallets in the dairy cooler to the self serve shelves in the dairy cooler that the guest have access to from the salesfloor. We have back loading milk shelves from the dairy cooler for all the vendor milk and specialty milks, 7 doors, just like an actual grocery store. This is a huge help and keeps milk fifo'd.
I just have to be careful what I say in the dairy cooler, cause when a guest opens the door to get their milk they can get an earfull sometimes. lol.

for milk thank the 'Target Gods' for our loading of milk right from the pallets in the dairy cooler to the self serve shelves in the dairy cooler that the guest have access to from the salesfloor. We have back loading milk shelves from the dairy cooler for all the vendor milk and specialty milks, 7 doors, just like an actual grocery store. This is a huge help and keeps milk fifo'd.
I just have to be careful what I say in the dairy cooler, cause when a guest opens the door to get their milk they can get an earfull sometimes. lol.
Don't take this seriously, but if the hate I feel for you right now could be harnessed as energy, I could probably power the entire eastern sea board.

Back filling coolers are all I've ever wanted. Or at least for my dairy cooler to not be located clear across the store from my milk doors.

Don't take this seriously, but if the hate I feel for you right now could be harnessed as energy, I could probably power the entire eastern sea board.

Back filling coolers are all I've ever wanted. Or at least for my dairy cooler to not be located clear across the store from my milk doors.

I'll admit it, I'm jealous too. :D

We regularly use our coolers for venting, we would get ourselves in so much trouble at our store if we had these lol.

I would kill for back-loading coolers for nothing else but not having to weave around stupid guests who have no concept of mass and kinetic energy and that no I can't stop this flat that weighs 200+ pounds on a dime because your little spawn of satan is running wild all over the store, or because you felt like turning out of an isle right in front of me. And no, I can't really maneuver around your cart that you parked in the middle of the isle. Oh sure, let me move all of this milk out of the way so you can get through, even though there are 23405 other ways you can take... Yes, give me a dirty look because I asked you politely to please excuse me while I come through with this giANT ASS FLAT OF MILK CAN'T YOU SEE HOW HEAVY THIS IS?!

Phew.

We regularly use our coolers for venting, we would get ourselves in so much trouble at our store if we had these lol.

I would kill for back-loading coolers for nothing else but not having to weave around stupid guests who have no concept of mass and kinetic energy and that no I can't stop this flat that weighs 200+ pounds on a dime because your little spawn of satan is running wild all over the store, or because you felt like turning out of an isle right in front of me. And no, I can't really maneuver around your cart that you parked in the middle of the isle. Oh sure, let me move all of this milk out of the way so you can get through, even though there are 23405 other ways you can take... Yes, give me a dirty look because I asked you politely to please excuse me while I come through with this giANT ASS FLAT OF MILK CAN'T YOU SEE HOW HEAVY THIS IS?!

Phew.
I wish I could 'like' this more than once. Holy cow, you hit the nail on the head!

Phew.
I wish I could 'like' this more than once. Holy cow, you hit the nail on the head!

I just have a lot of feelings.

Phew.

I just have a lot of feelings.
large.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back