Archived Pfresh ordering question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently got promoted to Perishables Assistant (!), and this thought just came to me. How do you fellow PAs go about ordering the new produce and whatnot for a PTM table? The produce tables at the store I trained at were PTM since summer fruits are on their way out, and fall fruits are on their way in. I was wondering if it worked like transitions do for general merchandise, or if we have to order it ahead of time. And if we do order it ahead of time, will you have a list of the new merchandise handy to place the order, and how far in advance should you order the new merchandise? Our Pfresh also doesn't go live until the second week of October, so it's also possible that our initial set will be the fall produce, but I just want to make sure I know ahead of time.

Typically they will push you one or two casepacks of each new product prior to the set date before the ordering is turned on (usually you can't order stuff that is NOP at the time). If you look on your Message Boards, there usually will be communication there as far as when to expect the new product. They'll tell you when you can start ordering, and if/when you will be pushed new product.

As far as PTM, be aware of the new set date but order enough to keep your table full. pFresh is pretty "flex-happy" so if you end up with extra product when the new transition sets, you can usually flex it out without too much trouble. A lot of times they will turn off ordering for stuff that is on it's way out, so you may not be able to order anyway.

BUT, all this may not apply if you actually haven't opened your pFresh yet, lol. Produce is supposed to transition this week or next week, so if your pFresh doesn't go live until after October, you shouldn't have to worry about any summer produce. In that case, I wouldn't order any of that at all and instead just order what will actually be on planogram when your pFresh sets.

If you have any questions, always check with your CTL. Ours let us know what would be changing and was able to get us the DPCIs for a few items that we were told would be coming, but did not in order for us to just go ahead and order them.

did anyone have trouble ordering on sunday Sept. 15th... I think that app was down system wide and we finally got the order done at 9:30 PM on Sunday.

"Our closer was a regular market team member who cant order."

sounds like it falls on the LOD responsiblity to do the order then. We always have a PA scheduled, there are no regular market team members, just hardlines to do Freezer pulls and zone freezers.

Yeah, I had to redo the order at 8pm on Sunday. They were dang lucky it was my weekend to close and not the other PA's; she usually opens and would have been long gone. One of our new ETL's was trained in food so I suppose she could have done the order, but frankly the idea of a non-Market person putting in the order is almost as terrifying as no order at all. :p

Anyone else end up with a hell of a lot of produce on today's truck after having issues on Sunday night? I'm talking like double the amount.Never a dull moment over in pfresh

Anyone else end up with a hell of a lot of produce on today's truck after having issues on Sunday night? I'm talking like double the amount.Never a dull moment over in pfresh

So this is what I have to look forward to... hahaha

At my store SOMEHOW we got 13 Green Banana's and 7 Yellow Banana's

On a regular order we do

4 - Green
3 - Yellow

On Average...

To put it in Perspective...

I am literally in a Banana Flood in the Ambient room.

Last edited:
I heard of the ordering problems. Some team members came in after the system was fixed to ensure the order was placed.

What is really crazy is the though of only 7 cases of bananas. We usually ordered 12-13 throughout weekday ordering and 15 for the weekend. Our guests love their bananas.

We received a Double order on Tuesday !! 40 boxes of Bananas, where usually only 20 on a Tuesday. Loads and loads of grapes, strawberries (most of which will be qmos'd), loads of blueberries and lots and lots of baged salads. So, we ordered light for Thursday and will recover nice, with hardly any bananas to qmos and not many TPC's since most of the baged salads don't expire until the 26th or 27th.
We came out smooth,,,, thank god we didn't get a double order on Saturday, that is out bigest day with 11 to 12 pallets of (3 Freezer, 3 Dairy, 3 Produce, (1 Meat, Eggs), 1 Bananas).

Last edited:
"Our closer was a regular market team member who cant order."

sounds like it falls on the LOD responsiblity to do the order then. We always have a PA scheduled, there are no regular market team members, just hardlines to do Freezer pulls and zone freezers.

At my store, there are regular market team members. I did tell my LOD. The LOD happened to be our STL. I do not know if he or any other ETL (other than my ETL food) knows how to do an order.

I feel like most, if not all LOD's are supposed to know how to order. It's very rare anyone other than a PA or CTL would need to order, but you never know what can happen... Case in point here. It's the PA's responsibility first, then the CTL's, and then the LOD's according to best practice.

I have just been promoted to PA (I've done a few orders as just a TM too) and I have just kept ordering the stuff... Some has failed to show up (Nectarines/Peaches, etc..) but still lets me order them so I will..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back