Archived pfresh push process

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how many tms do you have pushing a order backstocking and what other stores processes are
our stores process is so broken right now its crazy.

We get afternoon deliveries averaging 500-600 cases (although lately they've been closer to 700). The next morning I have three tms who push the whole truck and then backstock it. Normally, the guy who leads them push breaks off to backstock once they are finished with an area. Once the backstock is caught up he goes back to pushing if there is still push left. They all work 8 hours.

They work frozen first. Then the lead guy backstocks the freezer and works the meat pallet and produce pallet while the other two start breaking down and pushing the dairy pallets -- which have more than just dairy, but that's what we call them. The lead backstocked produce and meat and then helps with dairy push. Then they all backstock dairy. If any backstock is left, it's going to be in the dairy cooler.

Recently, due to the larger trucks, the backstock isn't always 100%.

Our C&S usually ranges anywhere from 500-600 (today it was 800 LOL). but anyway, usually there are 3-4 people that push our produce pallet or two, then about 7-8 come over to help push the rest, dairy/meat and freezer.

There is usually only 1 guy backstocking (if he can get done), this same person pushes the overnight PFresh pulls.

We have one person (me) push produce, fresh meat, and bakery. I backstock that plus deli.

I have two to five people to push and backstock dairy and frozen. Usually the guy who runs the c&s team and another regular c&s person to break down the pallets and a couple more to help after they finish pushing whatever area they were in. If it comes really late the whole flow team might come help. Or even salesfloor in the summer when we get desperate. But only flow gets help.

I allocated 8 TMs to push/back stock 12-16 pallets of pfresh. Only put TMs there who could work without supervision. Plus I brought a PA overnight so the process was done right. They loved it because they didn't work weekends and got 40 hours. And we had a nice looking pfresh area.

We do around 1,100 pieces. Five team members push for four hours, the opener in Pfresh helps with the push as well, and we have a backstocker who comes in with the push team and works 6.5 - 7 hours to backstock the truck.

We have the pfresh girl and two people push for 4-5 hours, then usually one leaves and one back stocks for another 2-3 hours. We generally have 1 pallet of dairy, 2 frozen. Meat and bakery stuff is left for pfresh people to do later.

we have about 1200 piece truck 4 days a week. WE have 5 very slow people pushing the truck, they never finish, only do about 3 to 4 pallets.
We get about 2 1/2 freezer, 3 dairy, 1 meat, 1 banana, and 4 to 5 produce.
PAs do --- 1 banana, 1 meat, all produce (4 to 5 pallets), then all the specialty milk off the dairy pallet, plus push vendor milk (3 pallets)
Logistics Zone people 5 people for 6 to 7 hours do -- Freezer and Dairy Auto CAFs, then push Freezer 2 pallets, leave bakery for PAs. Then they do 1 Dairy and leave rest.
Anything left is smart huddled the next day, usually either the closer PA or opener the next day has to push the last dairy pallets.
PAs also backstock -- Ambient, Meat, PRO2 cooler and dairy cooler.

NO one backstocks the freezer, sometimes a backroom person backstocks for us once there is no possible room in there. Right now we have 12 metros, 3 red tubs and 3 red tier carts stuffed in the freezer !!!

thats our process its rough right now but told it will get better, hah I've heard this for the last 2 years now.

Qmosqueen, do you work at my store? Our freezer is full of pallets and back stock carts and tubs. It's an obstacle course. Having to squeeze my way through to scan locations is the norm.

Sheesh. Our coolers/freezer have to be 100% backstocked every night or we get a stern talking to by the overnight ETL.

I love it when I get an earful because I left half a cart of backstock, but nobody says a word to the overnight ETL who failed to acknowledge a PFresh truck, which results in 8 hour PFresh pulls the next day. Oh, he did this 3 times in 2 months. Hooray.

If the coolers and freezer had to be back stocked every night before I left, I would wind up with probably 60 to 80 hours each week. Just not possible.

Corporate either needs to get their head out of their ass and go back to an overnight schedule with FDC or just keep it the way it is and continue to be dumbasses.

I mean seriously, do you honestly think unloading and stocking several pallets from the coolers and freezer from 7am to 330pm is good team practice? Do you honestly think you can keep the shelves on the sales floor adequately stocked while making sure there is no back stock in the coolers and freezer with that type of schedule? Are you serious?

My C+S process used to be opposite days of the flow truck which was nice because we had all the vehicles we needed, nobody was tired after just working a truck, and we started on time.

Today is another example of how awesome it is that its on the same day. Huge FLOW truck and my team is supposed to be back from lunch and starting the push from 10-1:30, 4 people. Because the truck is huge they wont be getting back from lunch until after 11 now and will essentially have 2 or so hours to do the truck. Im just so sick of it. Then the only thing that gets done is the push and the backstock just sits there and then leadership and everyone blames the C+S push team even though they get screwed over constantly.

One time my ETL LOG said we were using more hours than anyone else in the group for the C+S push which I laughed at....we only had like 30 hours for C+S push AND backstock for the entire week. Maybe those other stores didnt have them under the schedule but I guarantee they were prob pulling people from other workcenters to help out if that was the case which it wasnt at my store. You can only go so fast when pushing C+S. You have to FIFO everything cant just shove it in and be done with it. Also doesnt help that the C+S team was made to make a bail constantly at least 1-2 times a week. Why backroom couldnt do it IDK.

Also the way our store is set up there is inherit time wasting things like taking the pallet to the line, breaking down and pushing out on flats. Problem is our line is the total opposite corner of the store as Pfresh so there more and more time wasted compared to other stores who have their line and pfresh coolers right behind the pfresh salesfloor section

Last edited:
If you have enough room in your ambient room, wouldn't it be faster to pull a couple flats in there and break down pallets in the ambient room? I'm assuming your ambient room is fairly large and and is a sort of lobby that connects all of the coolers and freezer. My ambient room is tiny and it and all of the coolers and freezer are built into the main stockroom and receiving. Very inconvenient layout, but we have the backfill dairy cooler (which I love), all of the coolers and the freezer are just behind the wall against PFresh and Dry Market, and we don't have to drag pallets all the way across the store. So it's not an optimal layout, but it's far from the worst.

I break down produce in my ambient room. I have the L shaped room with produce and meat coolers accessed there.

They drag dairy or frozen pallet to the floor to work along the B tend run. The one they didn't drag out gets broken down out back in between the doors to the dairy cooler and freezer. Right in the backroom aisle, because by then both sides of the line are full of cafs, pog pulls, research, price change, clearance, etc.

Sheesh. Our coolers/freezer have to be 100% backstocked every night or we get a stern talking to by the overnight ETL.

I love it when I get an earful because I left half a cart of backstock, but nobody says a word to the overnight ETL who failed to acknowledge a PFresh truck, which results in 8 hour PFresh pulls the next day. Oh, he did this 3 times in 2 months. Hooray.

It is great fun to do the PFresh order when this happens.... There should be an option for when u break your guardrails for idiocy.

It is great fun to do the PFresh order when this happens.... There should be an option for when u break your guardrails for idiocy.
I've yet to ever have someone mention guardrail compliance to me. I wait for it, since our on hands are often wildly off, but never hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back