Archived Pfresh truck 12/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our order was placed around 1pm and the dci closed at 12...so we got nothing that we ordered.

I couldnt find any notices/emails about it. Anyone else have this problem?

So our order was placed around 1pm and the dci closed at 12...so we got nothing that we ordered.

All I know is our order had to be in by 9am (pacific time) which is why I was there earlier in the day and left after I was done =). If you think thats bad our C+S truck from the weekend showed up late after our push team was gone so we had a couple pallets sitting in the back over xmas eve, and xmas and had to have a bunch of people help out today with it.

The order had to be in earlier today? Nobody said anything to me. Hmm.

I dont know if it was the same for everybody but we usually do our orders on tuesday for the C+S push friday, obv we were closed tuesday so they pushed it til wednesday morning and in order for the truck to make it on time the order had to be done by 9am wednesday since they usually come in on thursdays around 1-2. We ALSO dont get our freezer and produce/dairy together. Our freezer comes on the morning of the push and everything else always comes the day before and is staged. reason they did that is because we would have to take out pretty much ALL the product put it on the back of the line finally reach the freezer section grab our 1 pallet, than have to put everything back in. Took forever.

Last edited:
Oh, I gotcha. We receive a PFresh order on Tuesdays but don't place one that day. We had to make our Sunday order last till Thursday and I had to put in an order on Monday for special delivery tomorrow. On Friday we go back to our normal schedule.

Oh, and all of our trucks come in the AM; it's usually mostly pushed by open. I don't mess with freezer and dairy; I mean, I push those cafs but other than that, not my area, lol.

We had our truck fun last week. Fridays truck got canceled due to weather and we didn't get another one till Sunday, and THAT truck was late and didn't get pushed till Monday morning. Needless to say, we were practically empty the entire weekend and I don't even want to THINK how badly that hurt our sales. I mean, it's Christmas weekend, our busiest weekend all year and Market is practically empty?!?! Ugh.

Maybe a dumb question but what does c+s truck mean? Is that the regular dc trailer? Jw

Maybe a dumb question but what does c+s truck mean? Is that the regular dc trailer? Jw

As StaticSun demonstrated via Wiki Wonderland, C&S is a wholesale grocer. They provide stores with grocery items that are not supplied by vendors.

Some Target stores are served by a Food Distribution Center (FDC) which is separate from the regular Distribution Centers. Stores that are not served by a FDC are supplied by a wholesale grocer such as C&S or SuperValu.

No, Mclane supplies the majority of say, Pizza Hut, Food Avenue and Starbucks stuff, as well as some other frozen vendor items, I believe. Not positive on the last one.

That would explain why I didn't know what a C+S truck was...we are serviced by a FDC. :)

God I hate C & S but this is what Target gets for contracting out to a **** box company. If I had a gun with two bullets ,and I was in a room with hitler and Stalin and C&S. I'd shot C&S twice

Ok I thought was mclane was our primary truck at my store. My ctl has field day when the truck is late, like this past weekend.

I am covering this week for our receiver, (20 min training btw) our last 2 C+S trucks, the 24th and 26th were both over 3 hours late. Also the counts on both didnt match what the computers told me. The first one was heavy and the second came in almost 200 lighter than what it said. Of course this happens when the normal guy aint there.

C&S will fulfill the role of grocery and pfresh deliverables, while McLane will primarily supply cafe/pizza hut/starbucks and candy. Some other vendor product might come on McLane, too.

Oh, I gotcha. We receive a PFresh order on Tuesdays but don't place one that day. We had to make our Sunday order last till Thursday and I had to put in an order on Monday for special delivery tomorrow. On Friday we go back to our normal schedule.

That would be easier than what I have had to do the this thursday and last thursday. Had to put in an order Thursday that comes in Sunday. Next delivery isnt til the following friday. So basically what I ordered Thursday came in Sunday and had to last til our push Friday morning O_O, that was a ***** of an order both times

We did >.> Pretty lame that no one was informed on the close time.

I am covering this week for our receiver, (20 min training btw) our last 2 C+S trucks, the 24th and 26th were both over 3 hours late. Also the counts on both didnt match what the computers told me. The first one was heavy and the second came in almost 200 lighter than what it said. Of course this happens when the normal guy aint there.

This is a constant issue at our store. It throws off on hands. Quite the pain.

Did the pfresh order on the 26th have to be in 9am pacific time? No one told me. I remember something similar happened last year, but we couldn't find anything written about it. Our district food partner sent a very confusing email, it mentioned dates but not times.

We are on a tues/fri/sun order schedule, pacific time. How the heck am I supposed to know about this? No concrete info anywhere! You'd think it would be a giant red flag on workbench. When I open pfresh I spend my first few hours getting things up and running, filling the floor, weaseling out of reshop, etc!

We did >.> Pretty lame that no one was informed on the close time.

This is a constant issue at our store. It throws off on hands. Quite the pain.

Wow, we had some issues, but never anything that big! We had more issues when we were on FDC than with C&S. It was always a pain to try and track down whatever random item they had failed to send us, and instead had sent something we didn't carry.

Did the pfresh order on the 26th have to be in 9am pacific time? No one told me. I remember something similar happened last year, but we couldn't find anything written about it. Our district food partner sent a very confusing email, it mentioned dates but not times.

We are on a tues/fri/sun order schedule, pacific time. How the heck am I supposed to know about this? No concrete info anywhere! You'd think it would be a giant red flag on workbench. When I open pfresh I spend my first few hours getting things up and running, filling the floor, weaseling out of reshop, etc!

I think they may have changed the heading recently. But Logistics->FDC/DSD/RX Order-> and then either order or delivery schedule, forget the title of the report, it is one of the first 3 or 4 in the list. You can view it by week, I think it generally has 3 or 4 weeks as options.

As StaticSun demonstrated via Wiki Wonderland, C&S is a wholesale grocer. They provide stores with grocery items that are not supplied by vendors.

Some Target stores are served by a Food Distribution Center (FDC) which is separate from the regular Distribution Centers. Stores that are not served by a FDC are supplied by a wholesale grocer such as C&S or SuperValu.
Oh ok, that makes sense. Most of the stores in our area are fDC serviced so I didn't know Target had contracted out yet another service to a 3rd party vendor. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back