Archived Pfresh without alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a Target today and I noticed it didn't have any alcohol....... It was a Pfresh with no alcohol:wacko: I thought all Pfresh Targets had alcohol? Does it depend on the laws or something?

I was in a Target today and I noticed it didn't have any alcohol....... It was a Pfresh with no alcohol:wacko: I thought all Pfresh Targets had alcohol? Does it depend on the laws or something?

No, not all Targets sell liquor. Yes, it does have to do with state laws. It might be because of the limit of businesses that sell alcohol. For example, there could be a store in the same shopping center that sells that stuff as well as another store that sells it across the street, in addition to other possible venues.

In my state grocery stores (including Walmart and Target) and convenience stores can only sell 3.2% alcohol. There's only a very few select grocery store locations that are able to sell full-strength alcohol. Pretty much every shopping center/strip mall has a liquor store right next to the grocery store.

My Target's in a spot where we are surrounded by colleges. We're starting to get so many questions about alcohol as students are having orientation. The state is probably one of the asinine ones in regards to liquor laws. You can only buy beer at delis and take out places or beer shops and buy hard liquor and wine at state-run stores. Yet even today I was asked where the beer section is.

We're GM and sell liquor and beer/wine, but no cold beer. We used to have an end cap, but not anymore. I'm not sure whose decision that was, but now at least daily we get "y'all ain't got no cold beer?"

I am in a state where alcohol can only be sold in stand alone liquor stores. I am not originally from this state so it caught me off guard when I started here because there is zero alcohol in our super. We do have the mixers though...

It is also a city ordinance. The city the Target which I work in is strict. No alcohol and NO Starbucks

My store has the works. To those who don't have to set wine endcaps, count your blessings. :p

My store has the works. To those who don't have to set wine endcaps, count your blessings. :p

Or clean up the breakage when the wine endcaps are in the check lanes.

Or knock over a couple bottles of sangria with milk crates because that stupid endcap is at just the right level to get swiped every time you push milk. :p Smelled good, though.

The liquor laws here are so ridiculous that it's impossible. No person or company can have more than one alcohol retail license in the state. There are multiple TJs here, but only one sells Two Buck Chuck. There's also a limit on how many retail licenses there can be in towns based on population.

There are still dry towns/municipalities here.

I work at a PFresh store that doesn't sell alcohol. From what I heard it was a matter of profit margin too low for the amount of theft risk involved.

It's the profit margin I bet - our store doesnt have too much risk of theft, but we don't have any either. No tobacco either.

I work at a PFresh store that doesn't sell alcohol. From what I heard it was a matter of profit margin too low for the amount of theft risk involved.

As others have said, it could also depend on your state and local laws.

No tobacco either.

Do any Targets sell tobacco products? At my store, we always get asked if we sell cigarettes, but we don't. (The gas station across the street has 'em!)

AFAIK, no Targets sell tobacco. They used to, I think it was department 50, but target hasn't sold any in years

AFAIK, no Targets sell tobacco. They used to, I think it was department 50, but target hasn't sold any in years

I think dept 50 is something in Softlines as of lately. You want cigs? Sorry, I have socks. Is that close enough?

As others have said, it could also depend on your state and local laws.

No tobacco either.

Do any Targets sell tobacco products? At my store, we always get asked if we sell cigarettes, but we don't. (The gas station across the street has 'em!)

Target stopped selling tobacco products years ago when they started pulling away from standard general merchandiser and pushed towards their 'fashionable' culture.

If I remember correctly the Spot by my old place (next to the "Workaholics" set) is PFresh and doesn't sell alcohol.

My Target is PFresh and doesn't sell alcohol. State law pretty much doesn't allow it. Hard liquor is at state-run stores. Anything else is at beer distributors. The one local grocery chain here has gotten the license to sell beer/wine coolers but only has it available at certain locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back