Archived Phrases heard over the Walkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
Try to help me out here, please.
I am trying to come up with either a code word or phrase to let TMs know when a regular
guest is in the building. Some of these regular guest we like and others are just a pain in the neck.

We have used this phrase, this past Christmas when the STL was either in or out of the building.

"Alice is in Marshmellow World"
"Alice has left the Marshmellow World"

It's your turn to post a funny phrase that I can use over the walkie,,,, thanks.

We were gonna call a code white when it started snowing the other night...

...so I'd suggest a code that matches the most prominent thing about them. Code clearance, code coupon, code crazy kids, etc.

Sometimes initials make a name. Some Canadian stores experiencing ...new... guests are adopting things like NG ('Nasty Guest'), so if "Hey, Angie, can you meet me in <aisle>, Angie to <aisle> please" is heard, some guest is about to experience an ETL or above explaining to them "The liquidators set the prices not us, all sales are final, and if you don't stop swearing right now you'll be asked to leave the store and never come back".

As has been explained to TMs, a big advantage of using a code rather than just 'Can I get assistance in <aisle>?' is that they know they're coming in with armour up, attitude on, ready to defend the TM.

ARRRRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad: Oh Man :mad::mad::mad: COME ON COME ON. <CHR-PLUNK>. THANK GOD. <FLUSHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh>

This one salesfloor TM would call to the backroom to a particular couple of Backroom TMs and would say "Stray on aisle D33" or whatever the aisle was. For those Backroom TMs, it was suddenly time to push a CAF (for some unholy god forsaken reason the Backroom was responsible for pushing CAF at my store)!

Stray cart meant that there was a hot chick on that aisle to "use your peripherals" to check out.

I thought this thread was going to be about silly things we've heard over the walkie.

"Sales Floor, do you copy?" (AA volume P-Fresh store)

I have heard an ETL refer to the cash office as the "CO," upon which she received a stern lecture from the ETL-AP.

We have a few guests who we always have to call the LOD on, regardless of who they ask for. For those guests, it's "LOD, Fast Service Needed in (Aisle)" most of the guests we use that on aren't smart enough to realize what an LOD is, nor that we just called one on them. Perhaps that would work, you could adapt it to "hardlines, assistance needed for a code 1 (good) or code 2 (bad) on aisle A15"

Some things I have heard over my walkie:
"LOD can you come open the safe for the armored truck" I was talking to the ETL-AP and when it went out, she went absolutely white. The TM that said that "left to pursue other opportunities"

We had an operator who if a guest used the red phone to call (still on 33 system), say they call from Domestics, they would go "Guest service needed in Domestics. 60 seconds remaining.........." like the call buttons. Everyone hated that operator.

Our TPS team is probably is the best out there. They call code purple when there's a good looking female, and code
Blue for good looking male.
However in serious infractions such as theft or what not, we usually call "hardlines 4, to cover our break" where ever we are. And they are stealthy present.

I thought this thread was going to be about silly things we've heard over the walkie.

"Sales Floor, do you copy?" (AA volume P-Fresh store)

I have heard an ETL refer to the cash office as the "CO," upon which she received a stern lecture from the ETL-AP.
What's wrong with CO? That's what my store refers to it as...

At my store you can only call it the Cash office or the CO upstairs when you're in TSC. Over the walkie and on the floor it is referred to by its phone extension, 239.

I accidentally said the name of the company who handles cash logistics or whatever, over the walkie to the LOD. Wasn't aware what the guy was from or there for.

Now that you're a GSA, you'd best remember cash office protocol.
Namely, you NEVER indicate over a walkie/overhead/anything a guest could hear about CO.
If something is needed regarding CO, refer to it as 239.
For Brinks (or whomever your armor carrier is), there should be a code phrase for that.
Announcing their presence endangers THEM as well as your store.

Yep, I honestly didn't even what an armored truck was. I thought they were a vendor. Now I know, as that ETL gave me a catchphrase to use.

Now that you're a GSA, you'd best remember cash office protocol.
Namely, you NEVER indicate over a walkie/overhead/anything a guest could hear about CO.
If something is needed regarding CO, refer to it as 239.
For Brinks (or whomever your armor carrier is), there should be a code phrase for that.
Announcing their presence endangers THEM as well as your store.
The other day we had a gsa who went over the walkie and said xxx ( name of etl at the time) I am going back to the cash office. I can honestly say inover 18 years with Spot I have never heard the phrase cash office over the walkie until then

I remember this thread. We're almost to the part where it goes:

"When we see hot chicks we call code purple on aisle a4- it's so awesome they have no idea why all these guys are showing up!"

"That's sexist."

"Jill you're a dried out old bitch who doesn't want anyone to have fun. What if we did it to men too, then it wouldn't be sexist! Huh? HUH?"

"Still a crappy thing to do to anyone, still sexist."

"Jill it's people like you who make Target a crappy place to work"

"Mod here, stop this derail please."

See I did the whole thing for you and saved the trouble!

Ours is referred to as 239. Cash office is only used over the walkie when the store is closed.

Had one do the same thing today. ETL XXXXX can you meet me in the Cash Office over the walkie 10 minutes into us just opening mind you. I was like seriously. You never say that. And the ETL didnt even notice that she said CO until another TM asked her to channel 4 and told her. I was like are you serious?! We don't call ours 239, we have a code name but I think ill hold back on saying it. I'm sure no other store uses this nickname so...

Last edited:
Is there some rule that if someone asks someone else to go to another channel, nobody else should also switch over to listen in?

There was a TM at my store who used to do that pretty much every single time. He didn't even stop whatever he was doing...just reached down, flipped the channel, kept working, then flipped back when they were done...All without saying a word or acknowledging it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back