Archived Plano nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time in plano. After taking a good look at the pogs,revisions, twt, etc. I found numerous revisions a d some smaller pogs that where tied and not set, and that the team is 4 weeks behind in most revisions other than electronics.

So stressed out. Currently I have the team setting the large transitions like the market transition.

I started sorting out oldest pogs and revisions vs new pogs. Started setting a few new pogs on time and didn't waste time with revision. Some of the revisions aren't even in the online Plano gram anymore.

I started scheduling to have an overnight and a morning team. The overnight team to do larger aisles and the am team scan outs from the previous nights set and then start on revisions and smaller pogs.

Challenge is that when I'm not there the team is moving at a snails pace.

So frustrated, and disappointed that being behind is considered normal for the team.

Any suggestions to help get on track?

Partner with LOD/fellow TLs to follow up when you are on the opposite shift. Be specific about who is assigned to complete what and give a copy to the LOD. Make sure they know how much time they have to get each pog done and hold them accountable if they do not get done. Looks like you will have some work ahead to change the attitudes on your team. Consistently setting expectations and accountability will be key.

You can also ask for help to catch up. At my store, electronics helps set toys and infants. VMTL helps set SL pogs. Never hurts to ask peers for a little help too. Maybe instocks can help do the scanning or backroom can help pull batches. It's hard to catch up when you start so far behind.

I would also focus on newer pogs--the overdue ones don't get redder!

I fell into a similar situation when I took over Plano. I partnered with my ETL to get any extra hours available, sometimes there were none. Then, I made a solid plan for current week's workload. Each week, I added in any POGs that were not current. I sat with the team and laid out where we were with how far behind we were, what my expectation was, and the plan. I had a basket with leftovers, whether it was revisions, POGs, SPLs, or just missing signs or displays. Anytime there was extra time at the end of a shift, even if it was 10-15 minutes of down time, the expectation was that you grabbed one of those leftovers and went to work. I posted the Sales Floor Location Accuracy every week, and as we got something done, I would mark it off the list. Also, partner with your Sales Flor Team Leads to help you out. Get the batch for a SPL pulled, print the labels, and have them set their SPL. Maybe they can help with some revisions too, while they are on the floor. Finally I posted an arbitrary day by which I wanted to be current. (I chose a month and a half) I posted that on the desk in huge bold print and every week I would print a sign that said 30 days left. That seemed to motivate the team and also it shifted the burden from solely being on my shoulders, to having the whole team own that burden. We did not quite make our goal, however we did maintain green WTD results, and hit our goal at just under 2 months. I think it was 55 days or something. It took a lot of communication with my peers and the ETL team, but once we came current, my STL rewarded the team with pizza and drinks for lunch.

I would focus on the week at hand, but work in prior weeks just to make sure that you're working on them. You can get there! And once you do, it is so satisfying!!!

I fell into a similar situation when I took over Plano. I partnered with my ETL to get any extra hours available, sometimes there were none. Then, I made a solid plan for current week's workload. Each week, I added in any POGs that were not current. I sat with the team and laid out where we were with how far behind we were, what my expectation was, and the plan. I had a basket with leftovers, whether it was revisions, POGs, SPLs, or just missing signs or displays. Anytime there was extra time at the end of a shift, even if it was 10-15 minutes of down time, the expectation was that you grabbed one of those leftovers and went to work. I posted the Sales Floor Location Accuracy every week, and as we got something done, I would mark it off the list. Also, partner with your Sales Flor Team Leads to help you out. Get the batch for a SPL pulled, print the labels, and have them set their SPL. Maybe they can help with some revisions too, while they are on the floor. Finally I posted an arbitrary day by which I wanted to be current. (I chose a month and a half) I posted that on the desk in huge bold print and every week I would print a sign that said 30 days left. That seemed to motivate the team and also it shifted the burden from solely being on my shoulders, to having the whole team own that burden. We did not quite make our goal, however we did maintain green WTD results, and hit our goal at just under 2 months. I think it was 55 days or something. It took a lot of communication with my peers and the ETL team, but once we came current, my STL rewarded the team with pizza and drinks for lunch.

I would focus on the week at hand, but work in prior weeks just to make sure that you're working on them. You can get there! And once you do, it is so satisfying!!!

You sound like a phenomenal leader, Sbux babe.

I feel like my leaders have really good intentions, and they have interesting ideas/plans...but things never carry over. Inevitably we'll get bombarded with a truck that's heavy on transition, or we'll have a handful of call outs, or FDC will slip through the cracks, and that throws everything off.

Props to you for deciding on a goal and actually seeing it through. That would be so rewarding. And the way that you involved your team members by keeping them 100% informed of progress/goals/deadlines/etc is inspiring.

You sound like a phenomenal leader, Sbux babe.

I feel like my leaders have really good intentions, and they have interesting ideas/plans...but things never carry over. Inevitably we'll get bombarded with a truck that's heavy on transition, or we'll have a handful of call outs, or FDC will slip through the cracks, and that throws everything off.

Props to you for deciding on a goal and actually seeing it through. That would be so rewarding. And the way that you involved your team members by keeping them 100% informed of progress/goals/deadlines/etc is inspiring.
Thanks so much! I strive to be a good leader, the kind of leader I'd like to have if I were in my team's position.

Sometimes stuff happens that throws off your day, but you can't lose sight of the goal! My former ETL told me once, "this is retail, there will never be a perfect day!" That was life changing! I realized that even when you have those off days when you have call outs or a massive workload, the goal is still the same...sell stuff and be nice to the people. When you look at it that way, it really puts it in perspective.

Always ask stupid questions, can you tell me the parts of label or how to do research in a my device?

I am asking. I found out that a everyone knew to say they were doing research. When I asked them to show me. They were just changing capacity with out sfq.

Im restarting training/reviewing with the team. Only two members understand that I'm trying to get through team on the same page.

Be patient. Keep on trying. Here is a great training tool done by retail world for his flow team.
How to read a yellow & pick label. Understanding & willingness to teach others, can motivate your team success.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    518.6 KB · Views: 29
i was in the same boat and pretty much did what box babe did, but a few other tips:

- if you have to hold off on setting anything, let it be a small pog.
-ALWAYS SET REVISIONS and when you are setting a revision on a pog that has missed a few revisions then set it like a pog. Don't just set the new revisions because it will screw the pog up and flo and in stocks will be on you.
- if anything always stay organized and have a plan, but remember a plan can be updated any time as long as you have it in the first place. If it means not setting a pog, then so be it. If your office is a mess then it's going to take longer for your team to get ready and less time setting pogs. This can drastically put you back hours.
-leave out the next day's work so when the team come in they can grab and go. Under my former TL it could take 1 hour for her to get us together.
- work alongside your team, that way you can challenge them, help them out and give them tips.
-a TM of mine has low confidence which results in mistakes. Whenever I confront him about a mistake I make sure to always point out how I use to do the same thing and how I stopped.
- with that, let the team know that you make mistakes, but that what counts is how you fix it, and fixing it is the most important thing.
- value your Tms and know not only what they do the best in, but what they like the best and comfort levels.
- try to keep everyone together.
- if you have 2 big transitions, start with one then move on after you finish. This way their won't be any confusion, team members can bounce ideas off each other and you won't have to bounce back checking in on everyone.
- constantly communicate with everyone, not just your team.

Be patient. Keep on trying. Here is a great training tool done by retail world for his flow team.
How to read a yellow & pick label. Understanding & willingness to teach others, can motivate your team success.

I always do this for Plano, and when teaching new Tms highlight a pog and show how to read it and how the line listings represent the pog labels and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back