Archived please have some reeses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow TM's! 7 years and counting.
Main work area is BR and I am beast at it. Yes I have even mastered using two PDA's to do four audits at once (holy heck this saves so much time you wouldn't believe)!
I pull CATs ; I use a clever time/payroll saving technique and write CAT instead of CAF as T uses one less marker stroke to write than F! Plus cats are good.
I pull all POGs, PTM, RSCH, EXF, PCHG, Audits then set the line for 4am Flow before the night is over. In addition we now also do the flex fulfillment, It would be nice if it could notify us in RFapps. Only having one closing TM makes this a chore.
Occasionally if workload is done I work CATs (why does SF always forget to work cooler/freezer?)
Sometimes I am scheduled (or swap) to work SF. I love answering phones and zoning because it is such a nice break from mundane BR work. I am Fast/Fun/Friendly and vibe vibe vibe.
Unfortunately I am not trained on cashier (can't even log in) so I cannot ever backup in electronics and backup cashier. How did this happen I have been here for 7 years!?

TL;DR Don't touch my radio, radio!
Also upon request I will bake you cookies.

Last edited:
Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

You can drop those cookies off in the chat box, we serve virtual coffee and beer there daily.

Welcome to The Break Room! If your store has any hours available, I'll help with the P-Fresh CAFs (sorry, I'm allergic to cats).

No pfresh at our store yet :( though it has been planned for years. The guests would love that!
I don't think anyone realizes (even though we constantly remind the TL) that cooler freezer batches drop hourly like everything else. It typically won't get worked until after 5:00!

Main work area is BR and I am beast at it. Yes I have even mastered using two PDA's to do four audits at once (holy heck this saves so much time you wouldn't believe)!

How is it even possible to do 4 audits at once? At my store, they drop out of the system after 3 days (ie, Monday's audit will disappear on Friday whether it was completed or not). Must be nice having access to 2 PDAs.

Unfortunately I am not trained on cashier (can't even log in) so I cannot ever backup in electronics and backup cashier. How did this happen I have been here for 7 years!?

Because backroom is not supposed to backup cashier, ever. We have timers to meet.

How is it even possible to do 4 audits at once? At my store, they drop out of the system after 3 days (ie, Monday's audit will disappear on Friday whether it was completed or not). Must be nice having access to 2 PDAs.
{Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday}=4. When flow is here in the morning, yes they are a hassle to find. Typically I close backroom so there are a plethora of PDA's available unless they have all magically congregated at the electronics boat. Use two PDA's, toggle between two audit batches each, toggle location by location. Saves you the hassle of running through each aisle multiple times.

Because backroom is not supposed to backup cashier, ever. We have timers to meet.

Sure if you like to hide out in the backroom all night, what would you do after 5:00? POGS, PC, BS, sweep? Friday/Saturday when no PC drops? When my workload is done after 5:00's I work out CAF's, jump on the zone, workout reshop, help with takedown on saturday and as I mentioned I also get SF shifts from time to time.

{Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday}=4. When flow is here in the morning, yes they are a hassle to find. Typically I close backroom so there are a plethora of PDA's available unless they have all magically congregated at the electronics boat. Use two PDA's, toggle between two audit batches each, toggle location by location. Saves you the hassle of running through each aisle multiple times.

And at my store, the Monday audit disappears when Thursday's drops at 10:30pm. Yes, I know about toggling between 2 audit batches but we don't have enough PDAs at my store for any team member to have more than 1. I always have to take one from the floor when I close.

Sure if you like to hide out in the backroom all night, what would you do after 5:00? POGS, PC, BS, sweep? Friday/Saturday when no PC drops? When my workload is done after 5:00's I work out CAF's, jump on the zone, workout reshop, help with takedown on saturday and as I mentioned I also get SF shifts from time to time.

Oh I get it, you must be at a low volume store.

Even when my team wasn't required to push the CAFs, pulling PCs, setting the line, and backstocking almost always took until 9 when the last TM left. IF we finished before that, any extra time was spent pulling o/n POGs for the pog team, doing empty location audits to increase our location accuracy, and straightening up any problem areas. Our store is also one of the dumping grounds for the DC to send a ton of crap right before it goes clearance (especially softlines) so our PC batches are almost always 75+ DPCIs daily.

A few months ago, someone got the brilliant idea to have us push hardlines CAFs instead of the floor and only gave us about 1/2 of the payroll necessary to actually do it. We were given 25 additional hours a week to push even after I showed them that we spent 20 hours pushing just on Saturday and Sunday. Now, the only time we finish is when we miss sales goals by a large margin. The frustration is at an all time high and most of the team has quit since then. Other than me and the TL, our most experienced dayside backroom TM has been with us for...6 months. Only 2 of our seasonal TMs even wanted to stay on after the holidays and even they are being moved to other areas of the store.

Hell, I'm a little jealous now. I had forgotten what it was like for my workload to actually be humanly possible to complete and I could afford to help out other teams occasionally.

Oh I get it, you must be at a low volume store.

Even when my team wasn't required to push the CAFs, pulling PCs, setting the line, and backstocking almost always took until 9 when the last TM left. IF we finished before that, any extra time was spent pulling o/n POGs for the pog team, doing empty location audits to increase our location accuracy, and straightening up any problem areas. Our store is also one of the dumping grounds for the DC to send a ton of crap right before it goes clearance (especially softlines) so our PC batches are almost always 75+ DPCIs daily.

A few months ago, someone got the brilliant idea to have us push hardlines CAFs instead of the floor and only gave us about 1/2 of the payroll necessary to actually do it. We were given 25 additional hours a week to push even after I showed them that we spent 20 hours pushing just on Saturday and Sunday. Now, the only time we finish is when we miss sales goals by a large margin. The frustration is at an all time high and most of the team has quit since then. Other than me and the TL, our most experienced dayside backroom TM has been with us for...6 months. Only 2 of our seasonal TMs even wanted to stay on after the holidays and even they are being moved to other areas of the store.

Hell, I'm a little jealous now. I had forgotten what it was like for my workload to actually be humanly possible to complete and I could afford to help out other teams occasionally.

Yeah we are just old school regular target. typical sales are 80-120k. Someday we will get Pfresh.

Regarding large PC batches? Do you pull D-code during the week? that helps immensly with PC batches.

Regarding BR requirement to push CAF's:
This same sad story happened to our store about 3 years ago when we got a new STL. Backroom with one closer were required to push all 4:00 and 5:00 CAFS. Had the odd side effect of POGs never being pulled and BS never getting done. PTM would sit in the system for weeks and we never once pulled D-code so price change would regularly be an enormous monster. Backroom then was stressful and a never ending cycle of being one-two days behind. And of course we had Flow team with a ETL-log who didn't give two SH*** and let his team run over 500+hours every month sucking up payroll from everyone. For real, flow was getting 40+hours while the rest of the store was pulling <25.

Now we have another new STL who came from logistics and new ETL-log and fixed everything. Amazing STL and ETL-log!
System is clean everynight before the closer leaves. So very nice.

Last edited:
PTM would sit in the system for weeks and we never once pulled D-code so price change would regularly be an enormous monster.

PTMs stay on the bottom of our priority list mainly because no one ever works them out. Regardless, it's very common for most of our price changes to consist of stuff that was just backstocked that morning.

Have faith, my store pulled a 180 in under a month and completely revamped the logistics process.
SF works all CAF's as soon as they are pulled. BR does BR stuff. Flow meets their goal times (mostly). PC and PTM get worked in a timely matter.
All stores could run smooth like this with the leadership on board..

Have faith, my store pulled a 180 in under a month and completely revamped the logistics process.
SF works all CAF's as soon as they are pulled. BR does BR stuff. Flow meets their goal times (mostly). PC and PTM get worked in a timely matter.
All stores could run smooth like this with the leadership on board..

I was going to respond but I realized that I am hijacking your intro thread. Welcome! You will find tons of useful info here with a touch of hatred and bitterness. It's unusual to see someone who has worked at Target almost as long as I have come in with what appears to be a genuine positive attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back