Archived Pokemon Event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitii

yeah
So I "accidentally" signed up for a Pokemon event next month. I say accidentally because I heard Pokemon and puked my resume at them without knowing exactly what I was signing up for.

Apparently I'll be talking to kids about Pokemon and selling them merch. I hope I can bring my 3DS and kick their asses in battle tho.

Anyone know why we're doing the thing? My coworker and I thought it was for 20th Anniversary, but that was yesterday and to do it a month later is???? We don't know when Pokemom GO is coming out either. It sounds fun though. I'm hoping for hella sales lol

Last edited:
I'm hoping to volunteer for it as well. Does anyone know if this is a thing done at all Targets? Because I don't remember our store participating in the Star Wars event.

I'm hoping to volunteer for it as well. Does anyone know if this is a thing done at all Targets? Because I don't remember our store participating in the Star Wars event.
To be honest I didn't know this was a thing until someone shared the link I shared in the Chat box a few days ago. Aside from needing to give someone hours for the event, I don't see why not aside from the picture center.

So I "accidentally" signed up for a Pokemon event next month. I say accidentally because I heard Pokemon and puked my resume at them without knowing exactly what I was signing up for.

Apparently I'll be talking to kids about Pokemon and selling them merch. I hope I can bring my 3DS and kick their asses in battle tho.

Anyone know why we're doing the thing? My coworker and I thought it was for 20th Anniversary, but that was yesterday and to do it a month later is???? We don't know when Pokemom GO is coming out either. It sounds fun though. I'm hoping for hella sales lol

I WILL KICK YOUR ASS IN BATTLE

FITE ME M8

Also, to my TL: If there is a Pikachu costume, I want to be the one in it. Getting paid to pose in pictures as Pikachu would be fine by me.

That'll teach me...
I was going to google a funny picture of a Pikachu cosplay for a costume you probably don't want to be wearing at work.
Should have known the internet being what it is that about 80% of the images wouldn't be so cool for the site.

So I just went with the cute little kid.

Halloween-Kids-Costume-cartoon-Pikachu-Pocket-Monster-Pokemon-onesie-pajamas-boys-girls-Children-Cosplay-Pyjamas-jumpsuit.jpg

That'll teach me...
I was going to google a funny picture of a Pikachu cosplay for a costume you probably don't want to be wearing at work.
Should have known the internet being what it is that about 80% of the images wouldn't be so cool for the site.

So I just went with the cute little kid.

Halloween-Kids-Costume-cartoon-Pikachu-Pocket-Monster-Pokemon-onesie-pajamas-boys-girls-Children-Cosplay-Pyjamas-jumpsuit.jpg

i hate the NSFW pokemon stuff

what weird fucker wants to do NSFW things to a pikachu

My Etl log loves Pokemon

Hopefully I don't get fired when I kick his ass in Pokemon

Pikachu doesn't do anything for me. Squirtle gets me going, though. I have an ETL who resembles it.

Out of 718 current Pokemon to pick from. Some genius at Target went to Nintendo and picked the useless fish for this promotion.
Whoa whoa whoa, they didn't pick just any old useless fish. Nonono that would mean sharing a card that a competitior had (TRU)!! No we got a shiny useless fish for this promotion, it's gold just like the CEO's pockets!

i hate the NSFW pokemon stuff

what weird fucker wants to do NSFW things to a pikachu

When I was your age, there were only 150 Pokemon.

There are some pretty fucked up people out there. Avoid /b/ like the plague, if for no other reason than peace of mind.
how could you both kinkshame like this

also there were 151 pokemon you uncultured savage

anyways reporting back to say the event sucked balls

I tried to tell a mom about it the other day. She gave me the death stare and motioned at me to not say anything. I guess most parents are sick of pokemon and don't want to take their kids to some vent at Target. Lol.

We had a whopping two charizard boxes. Both were taken 15 minutes before the event started. By the same guy.

For our store it was the Electronics opener (8am - 12pm) who started the event at 11 and then when I came in I finished it up. For the most part it was just really little kids who knew what Pokemon was but never played it so the parents got them a hat but didn't take the card even though I offered it. At the end of the day we were out of hats but still had most of the cards. Nobody bought the Charizard box or cared that it was Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all cards and games. Me and the Mobile guy had a blast reminiscing about Pokemon and singing the various theme songs. All in all I'd say the event went over pretty well, just wish that more kids who really like Pokemon showed up.

Yup had ours today. One of the electronic tms sat at a table on the racetrack in tots putting card board hats together. She also had a display of something, no clue what it was. Kids, adults and tms were wearing the hats.

Anybody else have difficulties finding the giveaways?!

Ummm...yeppers.. .lots of gnashing and whining that "logistics" lost them! :mad: Umm.. No we did not loose them.. We didn't get them! :mad: Along with a search of the BR...

So no giveaway of what ever this stuff is...was... or whatever :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back