Archived port strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, then it will bottleneck as everyone will want their stuff first. I doubt Spot has the resources at this point to convince a company to put their stuff in any sort of priority.

Also, they said will be early April at the soonest that this will be ratified.

We received apology signs to put up around the store... 7x11s to explain we are light in certain categories. However, we just got two trucks added for this week :( were a three truck store taking five this week!

According to The Associated Press, the contract still needs to be approved by the International Longshore and Warehouse Union, which could come as early as April - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/report...d-nintendos-stock-is-almost-over#.VOq5MC5xlVp

So does this mean we wont even have our seasonal set for at least another 5 weeks? Right now we only have like 1 piece of furniture and they are setting this week.

Our seasonal set is terrible. The "look for something new coming soon" signs have been up for a week and show no signs of going anywhere..

Our seasonal set is terrible. The "look for something new coming soon" signs have been up for a week and show no signs of going anywhere..
Not sure why shelves are empty when we get 6 trucks a week and the backroom is filled to the ceiling with back stock

The signs went up for our shoe department. We've been 'light' for weeks, told by district to flex. Our stockroom is OVER FLOWING with excess shoes that are nop.

For Atheismo sake, people!

Why would your leadership even think to put up the signs when you have product in the back?!?

I was talking to people at my store and they have been spreading out facings of shoes to fill out shelves since we have no backstock now. And that's right after a new set. It looks pretty rough.

The towel reset looks pretty though. I'm kind of glad Nate Berkus is off the main aisle. Highlight that higher margin owned brand please!

i bet we get a bunch of dry groceries that are already expired, like canned soup, salad dressings.
Flow will push to the floor and we will have expired food on the shelf, yeah !!
Most food products we sell are made in the US/Canada so at least we won't have to worry about expired stuff on the truck.

Anybody still have shoe pogs they haven't set from February 1? It's hard to set when you have 15% of the product and 5,000,000 snow boots on clearance still.

Our shoe dept is ptm year round. We don't allow any back stock ever. FILL the floor is our DTLs motto in shoes. We don't have low profile, we have supert square footage to fill up.

Not sure why shelves are empty when we get 6 trucks a week and the backroom is filled to the ceiling with back stock

We are getting clearance, basics for market, and more of what we already have. New sets are super light or just blank.

And we don't flex in shoes, idiots can't stock what we do have correctly. Open those flood gates and it will take another year to shut them.. Yeah no.. When the war started I was pulling two full tubs of back stock, and getting a tub and some to go out.. I am down to a cart of back stock and getting a small tub to push. Not going to set that progress back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back