Archived Portable Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 O'neil printers that aren't connecting to the network. I'm trying to update the software, but it's not taking. I don't know how to reset the printers for a clean reinstall. Anyone have hip printer tips for a newbie?

Q: How do I resolve problems connecting to the printer using the Configuration Program?
A: Check and make sure that:

the printer data cable is connected to the computer
  • the com port is not being used by any other program such Active Sync
  • the program is set to the appropriate com port

@Hardlinesmaster Those are useful, but not helpful for my issue. I can connect to the com port and the printer loader program recognizes the connection. The printer loader program even seems to load the firmware, but it ultimately fails when disconnected and reconnected to the wifi. I read that sometimes you need to reset the printer. Sometimes up to 5x before the printer accepts the connection and downloads the update. I don't know how to do the reset to do that.

@Hardlinesmaster Those are useful, but not helpful for my issue. I can connect to the com port and the printer loader program recognizes the connection. The printer loader program even seems to load the firmware, but it ultimately fails when disconnected and reconnected to the wifi. I read that sometimes you need to reset the printer. Sometimes up to 5x before the printer accepts the connection and downloads the update. I don't know how to do the reset to do that.
When I programmed them, if it failed to update via WiFi after, I just took the batteries out/unplugged it, and put em back in. Until it worked.

Try this:
Printing a Self-Test

1. Press and hold the power button for approximately three (3) seconds until printing begins. For information on button functions, see Using the Control Panel on page 15.

2. After printing begins, release the power button.
Connecting the Printer

The LP3 is designed to transmit and receive data from a host terminal. The host terminal may be your computer, handheld, or laptop. Communication can occur by using a data cable to connect the printer and the host terminal.

Installing a Data Cable

1. Before connecting your printer to a host terminal, verify your printer's settings. For more information, see Printing a Self- Test on page 12.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Insert the data cable's plug into your printer's data port (Figure 29).
Note: When printing a self-test, use standard 3 inch receipt media without Q-Marks to show all printed data.

page15image6000
page15image6084
page15image6168
page15image6252

The label is fine. its for a printer that stays at GS to be used for flex orders.
You could try getting a printer for backroom only. We keep ours in the back and just take a 3 tier and printer with us during flexes so you can just scan/print labels as you go.

Our O’Neil printers are gone. No more labels printed in the middle:(

From another thread:
Main screen of the zebra, the big button in the middle of the directional buttons should be highlighting 'Media'.
If you go into that menu you will be able to change the layout. In +/- 4 increments.

I've tried this out and it worked beautifully to get our clearance labels nice and centered again. Just have to play around with it a bit to find the right number. For us, it ended up being +8.

From another thread:

I've tried this out and it worked beautifully to get our clearance labels nice and centered again. Just have to play around with it a bit to find the right number. For us, it ended up being +8.
Problem is it doesn’t stick. Even with the same printer, it resets every day or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back