Archived Possible work area change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I be asked if I want move? Will my schedule gradually change into that area?

*sorry for the long post*

I've been getting scheduled for drive up twice a week, usually weekends. I main area is ship from store. When I'm scheduled for drive up I only do it for an hour because the softlines tl asks for me. Apparently, I'm fast at getting the reshop back out. Which I don't mine because the drive up person is usually stuck at dollar spot. Lately, the front end leader has been asking me to come in on my off days for either softlines or guest services. Sometimes she'll ask if I want a cashier shift. If I don't have any plans I always take the shift. I'm not turning down more hours.

A few days ago, while doing drive up a leader told me that she wish that they could have me with them full time. She and the front tl(both used to be lod's before the name change) and gstl are working to get me on their team. She's been asking me how do I like it up there.

Fun fact: When I interviewed in November it was for style but the stl at the time decided I should go to sfs instead. He said style had enough people. The style tl was shocked when I showed up to orientation and saw they put me in a different area.

My etl-log is going to a different store next month. I am going to miss him. I'm not sure about his replacement yet. He was great about making sure that I was cross trained in different areas(backroom, grocery, electronics, hardlines, softlines, guest service, and cashier) to get more hours.

It sounds like you could get more hours if you were part of the front end team and that's where they'd like you to be.

I'd ask for clarification but in my experience, they put you where they want you and you don't get much say.

Things are definitely changing on the front end but if you are friendly and like talking to people it’s a good place for you :)

I'm sure this is ASANTS. At my store there has been a lot of internal politics between leads in deciding whose team everyone is officially on for the new ops model. Several TMs, including me, were asked by leads multiple times how we like different work centers and what our prefrences are. Your front end lead wants you on his/her team, but probably doesn't want to deal with the politics of getting you if it's not something you want to do. It's pointless for them to fight for you if you are just going to go to HR and asked to be moved back or worse just put in your notice.

Just be honest with them and understand that there's a lot more to deciding whether you do get moved than just what you want.

It sounds like you could get more hours if you were part of the front end team and that's where they'd like you to be.

I'd ask for clarification but in my experience, they put you where they want you and you don't get much say.

Thank you and I will ask for clarification as well.

Things are definitely changing on the front end but if you are friendly and like talking to people it’s a good place for you :)

Yes! I'm a people person and enjoy talking to guests.

Reactions: Dog
I'm sure this is ASANTS. At my store there has been a lot of internal politics between leads in deciding whose team everyone is officially on for the new ops model. Several TMs, including me, were asked by leads multiple times how we like different work centers and what our prefrences are. Your front end lead wants you on his/her team, but probably doesn't want to deal with the politics of getting you if it's not something you want to do. It's pointless for them to fight for you if you are just going to go to HR and asked to be moved back or worse just put in your notice.

Just be honest with them and understand that there's a lot more to deciding whether you do get moved than just what you want.

I believe that may be what's happening at mine. I don't have a problem moving to a different area. I also wouldn't go to hr to move back. I was just wondering how the switch would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back