Archived Post orientation confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I am new to Target and jobs in general as this will be my first job. I am going go be a seasonal cashier.

Orientation was a lot of information and I already kind of forgot a lot of it. One of the things I really wanted to know is how to find my TM #.

My first day of training is today and I wanted to at least punch in with no problem but I can't even do that if I don't have my TM #!

Does anyone know where you find it or how you got it? Or any tips for training in guest services and what to expect?

Thank you so much!

You won't have one until HR gets ypur information plugged in. Youl clock in with paper for your first day or two. @HRZone can answer with the best explanation as to why. Good luck

If HR has their head on right, TM#s are given at orientation and record your time on Punch Correction Forms. You will use those forms for your shifts/training until your # is processed into the Schedule/Payroll system. Then use the clock.

Be sure to keep tabs on orientation and any worked hours if you don't have your number.

If they gave you a temporary discount card, that is your tm#.

If they gave you a temporary discount card, that is your tm#.

I didn't get my discount card yet, so I'll probably just ask HR. I'm about to go in and it's a 7 hour shift so I'm nervous! I will let you all know how it goes :)

That was quite something. Got thrown into guest services but the person training me was very nice. Still don't have my discount card or team number so I'll just keep doing punch correction sheets lol. Thanks for the help anyways guys!

Hey @newcashier9301 , that's exactly what happened to me. It was seasonal and they had every register taken so no place to put me so voila, GS and that's largely where I've been since.

Your HR should have given you your TM and discount card when you had your orientation. If HR is not available, your TL can find your TM number for you in mytime. You need your TM number to log into the register as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back