Archived Prepaid cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
GREAT! I was getting really tired of folks using those gift/debit cards (the gift cards had PIN numbers) to reload their cards. I mean, they were loading up to $2500, using 5 cards at $500 apiece. It would hold up my GS line all the time. We even told them they were only able to do 3 payment cards at a time then would have to get to the back of the line. Eventually, they're going to stop the prepaid cards all together and then they'll have to find a new way to build up points on their CCs.

When does this go into affect? I can think of multiple regulars that will throw a fit.

GREAT! I was getting really tired of folks using those gift/debit cards (the gift cards had PIN numbers) to reload their cards. I mean, they were loading up to $2500, using 5 cards at $500 apiece. It would hold up my GS line all the time. We even told them they were only able to do 3 payment cards at a time then would have to get to the back of the line. Eventually, they're going to stop the prepaid cards all together and then they'll have to find a new way to build up points on their CCs.

Is that what they were doing???? I've been trying to figure out their angle for months.

Is that what they were doing???? I've been trying to figure out their angle for months.
Yep. It's been discussed on here before. Here is the post:

RedMan, I think the rationale was doing it to use at Target was one thing and Target was ok with that. That is why they set it up and origianlly had it that way. The abuse came in where there were many who would fill with the max every month and then go straight to the ATM and withdraw it as cash or once loaded with CC would then go online and use it as a bill pay feature to immediately pay the cc bill or their mortgage or whatever with Target covering the CC transaction fee and then seeing less than those fees actually being spent at target. Several sites promoted this including frequent flier sites as well as those promoting manufactured spending for other rewards.

This makes me really happy, I never understood what was going on with them either, I'm glad I do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back