I'm Lost! Presentation Questions

Hey, questions regarding presentation. How do you find the right adjacency for your set workload calendar category? For example, one of the categories I need to work is Kitchen but I can't find the Kitchen adjacency map to tie my pogs to. Also, when is the best time to tie a pog? I know tieing pogs too early can mess with Fulfillment workload and other areas of the store. Is it best to tie pogs the day they're being set?

The pog itself will name the adjacency needed on the left side Of the first page.
We tie/drop batch/pull batch/empty/clean/set/fill. never Tie before you are actually setting.
Sometimes, in a case like mini seasonal or any large transition with
palletized merch trapped off the truck (meaning: NOT backstocked, just shrink wrapped and put in steel) -
we will set all, then push all the pallets to fill and THEN tie.
because : Online ordering of merch is available as soon as the pog is tied. If you have the merch trapped (NOT LOCATED as backstock) then your INF % is increasing!
Better to have everything pushed to location , then tie.

Alright. That makes a lot of sense. So dropping and pulling the batch for the area is done through a one for one batch? Also, what should I do if label strips for a set are missing? I know that if there is a label strip for the planogram, I only have to print the peg and POG header and all labels if theres no label strip, but what if theres supposed to be a label strip but its missing or damaged?

I tie the POG the day I set it.

I set/clean, and then drop the POG 1-4-1. I backstock anything, and then pull the POG batch. Fill, and adjust Capacities and floor counts as needed. RSCH is completed ASAP. I usually only set in my area, but have set other areas of the store, also.

If I am missing a single label strip, I use a blank white one, and print labels for the POG (putting the printed individual labels over the blank white strip.) If I am missing the entire batch of strips, I curse. a.lot. Then I just put up individual labels...

Last edited:

I set/clean, and then drop the POG 1-4-1. I backstock anything, and then pull the POG batch. Fill, and adjust Capacities and floor counts as needed. RSCH is completed ASAP. I usually only set in my area, but have set other areas of the store, also.

If I am missing a single label strip, I use a blank white one, and print labels for the POG (putting the printed individual labels over the blank white strip.) If I am missing the entire batch of strips, I curse. a.lot. Then I just put up individual labels...
Oh, so tieing the pog drops the batch? What does the batch show up as in the move app?

I hit "no" when it asks me to drop a batch when the POG is tied.

I then go back, after everything is set, and the POG is ready to be filled, and manually drop my POG fill batch.

I hit "no" when it asks me to drop a batch when the POG is tied.

I then go back, after everything is set, and the POG is ready to be filled, and manually drop my POG fill batch.
Sorry for asking so many basic questions, but how do you manually drop a POG fill batch? Is it just a regular one for one batch? Thank you again for all the help. Trainings been a bit rushed with everyone getting pulled to Fulfillment right now

Sorry for asking so many basic questions, but how do you manually drop a POG fill batch? Is it just a regular one for one batch? Thank you again for all the help. Trainings been a bit rushed with everyone getting pulled to Fulfillment right now

scan or type pog number in mywork > Manage Inventory > One for One

I prefer to backstock after pulling the batch because sometimes when I try backstocking first, it will then ask me to pull what I just backstocked.

Hey, questions regarding presentation. How do you find the right adjacency for your set workload calendar category? For example, one of the categories I need to work is Kitchen but I can't find the Kitchen adjacency map to tie my pogs to. Also, when is the best time to tie a pog? I know tieing pogs too early can mess with Fulfillment workload and other areas of the store. Is it best to tie pogs the day they're being set?

Your kitchen adjacency would be under Housewares, but you might have 2 maps under it, one for kitchen and other for HIPA (home improvement/auto)

palletized merch trapped off the truck (meaning: NOT backstocked, just shrink wrapped and put in steel) -
For something like mini seasonal or big transition you don’t pre-tie? That’s very wrong of you. And as a inbound Tl I wouldn’t trap anything since you would be messing with the sort and stock. I would send that to the dbo and say go and thank your Tl for not doing his/her job. And now it’s on your to backstock it .I own trucks , Plano and seasonal. All transition that comes off the truck pre-tied I put them on the steal with the pog # so everyone knows where their shit is.

For something like mini seasonal or big transition you don’t pre-tie? That’s very wrong of you. And as a inbound Tl I wouldn’t trap anything since you would be messing with the sort and stock. I would send that to the dbo and say go and thank your Tl for not doing his/her job. And now it’s on your to backstock it .I own trucks All transition that comes off the truck pre-tied I put them on the steal with the pog # so everyone knows where their shit is.

For something like mini seasonal or big transition you don’t pre-tie? That’s very wrong of you. And as a inbound Tl I wouldn’t trap anything since you would be messing with the sort and stock. I would send that to the dbo and say go and thank your Tl for not doing his/her job. And now it’s on your to backstock it .I own trucks All transition that comes off the truck pre-tied I put them on the steal with the pog # so everyone knows where their shit is.

They are talking about when the pog is tied, not pre-tied. Setting mini without tying the pre-tied pogs keeps the merch trapped, helping minimize INFs for fulfillment.

Oh, you misunderstand.
YES. We certainly ALWAYS pre-tie when due!
What I am saying is......we delay the CHANGE from pre-tie to normal push location tie.
Once the AISLE is TIED (taken OFF pre-tie) THAT is when target.com will be sending our fulfillment team orders for those items - so we prefer to hold onto the pre-tie until it is FILLED with merch - otherwise flex cannot find those items from a yet un-pushed AND un-backstocked trapped pallet.

Oh, you misunderstand.
What I am saying is......we delay the CHANGE from pre-tie to normal push location tie.
Once the AISLE is TIED (taken OFF pre-tie) THAT is when target.com will be sending our fulfillment team orders for those items - so we prefer to hold onto the pre-tie until it is FILLED with merch - otherwise flex cannot find those items from a yet un-pushed AND un-backstocked trapped pallet.
You mean you are doing best practice Bravo

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Kitchen is a part of the Housewares adjacency. Make sure you're using the most current dated adjacency (especially, if it's a transition). Most adjacencies update yearly, but often the same time every year. So look at the year to make sure you are using the most current adjacency.

touché.

I have set cosmetics, but this was back in the day where an entire team would set the area, and I would only set 3-4 POGs v. setting the entire section. Plus I don't think a tm could adjust CAP and SFQ at that point.

Ah, those were the days! 🤣

I Print them off from online.

Oh, you misunderstand.

Does delaying the normal tie from pre-tie actually work? Because SFS were asked to grab summer mini stuff yet it's still pre-tied but it doesn't give them a location.

Does delaying the normal tie from pre-tie actually work? Because SFS were asked to grab summer mini stuff yet it's still pre-tied but it doesn't give them a location.

I don't think it does. I think it has more to do with the truck being acknowledged. Once the truck is acknowledged, the product has on hands in the store and becomes available for SFS.

I don't think it does. I think it has more to do with the truck being acknowledged. Once the truck is acknowledged, the product has on hands in the store and becomes available for SFS.

Thats what I thought too cause that happens a lot with home flat stuff.

Transition isn't available until it's sold (someone flexes it out and it's purchased by a guest in store), located in the backroom or set. Receiving the truck doesn't automatically make it sellable. That being said, there's probably a few exceptions to the rule.

Back