Archived preventing street dates from being pushed early

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobalJ

Electronics TM
Anyone else have this problem? It seems no matter who does tune in Tuesdayalways a electronics TM) , no mater if the batches are marked as such (we use TT and backroom does the pulls) dvds and cds get pushed on Monday. ..every damn week. As a result, guests get mad when they can't buy it. Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this?

Those steps seem prudent.

Otherwise you could set aside a small section of your electronics stockroom for street dated merchandise so it doesn't come out in the pulls.

We had this problem at my store. Our solution was to designate a couple of shelves in the stockroom for street dated product. Whoever was doing electronics revisions that week would backstock them after the street date had passed. Assuming they all didn't fit out on the floor somewhere.

your flow team in entertainment is not trained properly. They need to be given a PDA for pushing DVDs and CDs, and be told NOT to push street dated product. The system won't pull it if the new release revisions aren't set.

Is your pog team setting the revisions the day before? that could cause the system to pull things on monday instead of on tuesday like it should. This is a major violation if thats what they are doing.

I would always tie the Front End New Release POG Monday night and have BR Pull it that evening (and stage in back), never caused any issues.

I would always tie the Front End New Release POG Monday night and have BR Pull it that evening (and stage in back), never caused any issues.

We set and pull everything on Monday, and leave it on a specially marked tub with a large stick next to it. After a couple of weeks (and a few beatings), the monkeys figured out not to push, backstock, or add anything to the tub until after we've pushed it on Tuesday morning and removed the sign and stick. :)

Ours gets tied Monday morning. It kind of makes pushing the truck a pain because we don't always get the new releases in before Monday and the repacks don't always have the street date stickers on them. The new releases and revisions are all dated Tuesday, so unless I know that it's not out...I take it with me and push it if it's on the strip.

I worked in backroom doing street dates... everything was clearly marked i.e. big boxes/bundles of product with street dates labeling the boxes. It helps if the same person is assigned to do street dates; however with mytime obviously it could be anyone in the backroom. Perhaps get with the backroom TL and have him/her spread the word about date watching. We didn't have a designated street date spot or anything like that... it didn't seem necessary at the time.

Generally when I ran entertainment I would tie the pogs and drop the fills after two or three pm and let the closing backroom know that they were ready. Mind you, this was back in the days when we had a teensy bit more hours available for such superfluous tasks.

As far as reducing confusion, my backroom ran with an entertainment street date section clearly marked. Repack boxes would also be set on the casepack shelves to further reduce confusion as everything would be pulled for the Tuesday fill. Thankfully the stuff sets on tuesday so if there was a major revision/reset coming then we could easily differentiate between that and SD stuff.

We tie and set all the MMB revisions on Monday, except the four front endcap NR pogs and the browser. On Monday we drop and pull only the pogs that don't have new releases in them. New Books 2, Bookclub, Young Adult, PB NR, and D58 NR2,3,4 often have hardlocked new releases so they are dropped and pulled Tuesday AM, even though they were tied and set on Monday. This is not totally foolproof, but it works pretty well.

If you're not sure if something is hardlocked on Monday scan it with a store (guest) scanner, where it will show "item not found" if it can't be sold yet. Or query at a register.

Incoming boxes of books contain new releases mixed with lots of other books, and they are not marked so you can tell. We put book boxes in a transition area in the electronics cage, along with all the CD and DVD boxes that have NR labels. If things aren't located they can't be pulled. Tuesday AM these all get loaded on a tub and pushed.

We have a section in the Electronics stockroom where we place the streetdates. We don't locate them. The MMB person grabs them and puts them out on Tues mornings.

Ha we have the opposite problem of the TM not putting them out at all and then I run around trying to fill them, then get lied to that they dropped a POG batch and nothing came out but low and behold there they are located in BR...smh

We have 2 tm's who do the nr set on Monday nights. End caps are set & signed, pogs pulled & staged in electronics back room. When we closed, they push everything to end caps in 20 mins, including the front lanes. Ready to go on Tuesday.

Anyone else have this problem? It seems no matter who does tune in Tuesdayalways a electronics TM) , no mater if the batches are marked as such (we use TT and backroom does the pulls) dvds and cds get pushed on Monday. ..every damn week. As a result, guests get mad when they can't buy it. Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this?

I use Land Mines, as well as Spiders hanged from strings to keep people from over-pushing my Bakery Table, they may help you too.

Our new releases are set early on Tuesday mornings, and the items are protected by barbed wires, broken glass, and burrs until their street date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back