Archived Price Accuracy Pilot Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearanceMaster

Price Accuracy TM
So is anyone else part of this test where Price, instead of working between the hours of 6-230 will now work between 11-730? I don't like the fact that the two hours in the morning that we get without the store being open(the most productive 2 hours) will now be taken away from us as well as the quiet hour or two before all hell breaks loose. The availability of the team due to their family fit well with Price Accuracy.. now it's all up in the air... It's supposed to fill the lack of team members on the floor, which granted, it does.. They tried bringing us in a couple hours later during the holidays and it didn't work. Now they want us to come in a whole 5 hours later?

Last edited:
My store isn't doing this but there should be absolutely no problem with it. Let's face it, the pricing team is the best position in the store. It won't hurt some of the entitled pricing team members to suffer 1 inconvenience like everyone else, we all have families and want a nice M-F 6-2:30 shift. Be honest here, how much do you actually help in other areas. I bet you never do backup, 4x4s, truck push, etc. The only possible issue would be not completing your workload by 8:00pm and having it run late, of course you'll just activate things so you can get out on time.

I am the only one on the team with open availability so I always get the short end of the stick.. I have to stay late when nobody else does because they have kids to pick up from school..
Price Accuracy is definitely the best position I've been in since working at target yes.. but...

• We never N-Done... our STL expects us to finish the workload each day..
  • I attend every smart huddle (everyone would much rather do a cart of domestics than a cart of folded RTW.. thus I get stuck with it). So while they spend 20 minutes in hardlines, I am putting clothes out for 30-40 minutes..
  • I do admit I don't respond to near as much fast service as everyone else though.. but we are given fast service hours that we have to respond and we are rarely needed during our hour..
  • Our LODs do the 4x4s.. we never do them..
  • We have no cart attendant all day until like 630.. so i am constantly going out with everyone else to get carts..
Our pog team on the other hand.. doesn't help with anything.. but they always seem to get a pass for some reason.. yes their work is more physical than ours. . But they are the ones staying at 6am and getting monday-Friday 6-230 shifts while I get no set schedule to go by.. I leave when the workload is done. Sometimes it's only 5 hours and then I have to pick up extra shifts so I can support myself

Last edited:
With few exceptions there's absolutely no reason the position can't work mid shifts and still complete the workload. As far as you having to stay so they can go get their kids...that's on you, because my personal life doesn't revolve around someone else's kids.

I don't mind staying.. that is the problem. I'm used to getting shafted. But I get hours that way. But if I have to stay past.. then the workload is late.. as opposed to me staying now and not being late.. So the teams that don't care and just activate look better than a store that finds most everything?

Although I don't disagree at all with the pricing team schedule changing a bit, I must be in a rare store. Our pricing TMs push truck fairly often, and help with backup.

Although I don't disagree at all with the pricing team schedule changing a bit, I must be in a rare store. Our pricing TMs push truck fairly often, and help with backup.

a bit would be fine. coming in at 8 (it sucked for me) would be way better than coming in at 11. 9 at the latest would be fine with me even though I would grumble.. lol

I think 8 or 9 would be the happy medium. You're still available to guests, but still have a little bit of a lull to get a jump on the day. But then again this is Target we're talking about, so the next suggestion will probably be that the pricing team should be part of the closing team.

I think 8 or 9 would be the happy medium. You're still available to guests, but still have a little bit of a lull to get a jump on the day. But then again this is Target we're talking about, so the next suggestion will probably be that the pricing team should be part of the closing team.
o_O

I have heard nothing about this at my store .. but yeah I am sure that wouldn't work too well. There have been days where we have had to stay 2 or 3 hours past our 8 hour shift, and if the shifts are from 11-730 then that means if the workload isnt compelte by 8 pm then it will be late.. That is one thing most people don't understand about price change, is that we cannot leave till our workload is done. Every other workcenter can still get off at their scheduled end time but we can't. This is why we don't always respond to back ups, call boxes, etc. I think the POG and instocks team should try to respond to those things first. Another thing I must say is that 90% of the time we do not have walkies on the pricing team. We may be lucky to get one between all of us, but we always have to give it up for the sales floor/fitting room/ and guest services. So yeah, it is kind of hard to respond to calls when you have no walkie.

I have heard nothing about this at my store .. but yeah I am sure that wouldn't work too well. There have been days where we have had to stay 2 or 3 hours past our 8 hour shift, and if the shifts are from 11-730 then that means if the workload isnt compelte by 8 pm then it will be late.. That is one thing most people don't understand about price change, is that we cannot leave till our workload is done. Every other workcenter can still get off at their scheduled end time but we can't. This is why we don't always respond to back ups, call boxes, etc. I think the POG and instocks team should try to respond to those things first. Another thing I must say is that 90% of the time we do not have walkies on the pricing team. We may be lucky to get one between all of us, but we always have to give it up for the sales floor/fitting room/ and guest services. So yeah, it is kind of hard to respond to calls when you have no walkie.

In Stocks had to be done by 11am, not 8pm. Try again. Walkies yep totally true, why I don't complain when they don't answer calls.

Yes and that is why Instocks is pretty much a non-existent force (until they come out of hiding after 11-12) at my store.

Last edited:

In Stocks had to be done by 11am, not 8pm. Try again. Walkies yep totally true, why I don't complain when they don't answer calls.

What? I never said anything about instocks having to be done by 8 pm. The instocks person at our store doesn't even come into work till 9 am.

What? I never said anything about instocks having to be done by 8 pm. The instocks person at our store doesn't even come into work till 9 am.

I think the point is that instocks has to have their task list completed by 11 am as opposed to the 8 pm you cited for pricing. Completion depends upon the flow team and backroom having completed the truck. This is how the floor gets filled, but it is time sensitive. My team answers calls and backs up during the short time we have to try to complete upwards of 200-300 tasks. Instocks does get off at their scheduled time whether or not the workload is complete, but we pay for it when the ETL checks our number of scans, rainchecks, and subs and calls us in for little "chats". Do I have animosity toward the Elite teams (pricing, POG, softlines adjacency setters)? You better believe that I do. Leave the walkies for those that can help us answer the calls or answer the freaking calls. Every other team (at our store) gets help when they have a large workload....not Instocks. I don't think pricing should have to answer because it is difficult to keep track of where you left off (especially when guest traffic is heavy or you're in softlines), but understand the job of the other teams and their time constraints before you call them out.

Do I think it's right for them to change your shift? NO. Everyone agreed to the work center they are in when hired. Target agreed to the availability when hiring them. For it to change this radically is not fair. Yes, I know, nothing's fair...blahblahblah....you work at the will of your employer....blahblahblah. Target used to believe in the Human Factor. I guess that has become blahblahblah. So far I'm still a human with a real life at my store. I hope that doesn't change.

So in other words they can eliminate day time sales foor coverage completely by having work centers cover the floor all day. flow, instocks, POG though the morning and midday and price change in the afternoon early evening. What they are really testing here is the end of a sales floor team except for closing.

The whole can't get off in time is BS. They can't force you to stay. The forecast is put out 2 weeks ahead for scheduling. Now we all know that it is rarely accurate, but we also know it rarely makes a significant jump that can't be handled within 24 hours notice (which is what you have). Every team has time constraints and to put it bluntly, pricing has it easiest. We won't even get into how the pricing team likes to drag out their work and spin it as if it's absolutely necessary.

I guess I don't see the issue with completing the workload most days. As it is now, except for the rarest of occasions, my pricing finishes the days workload (salesfloor today/overdue and Backroom) and usually gets at least a quarter to a half of tomorrow's work before they head to the time clock to clock out on time. They help with ad set on Sundays, so between Friday and Sunday, they are consistently done with all of Monday's salesfloor workload by the time they leave Sunday around noon. So that might change if my team couldn't work ad set shifts on Sunday, but otherwise I don't see them having any issue finishing their workload.

I work pricing and I don't get Monday thru Friday. I get where ever they need me but that might be because I am cross trained in most of the store. Their work load does seem easier then say in stocks or sales floor. But then again I am so use to running from the moment I clock in when I do in stocks or sales floor. Come holiday season they have to work flow and hardlines because the work load isn't there. What I am interested to see is when we get mytime because I am under pricing as my primary but cross train in a lot of other work centers where the rest of pricing is not. Hummm

they mentioned our pricing team might start coming in at 8 which i dont think will make much of a difference in my store since from 7 - 9 we do smart huddle and 4x4's and yes our pricing team is almost always included.

Wow, "usojelly" I think YOU Are So Jelly! JEALOUS of your price change team that is. You sound like a real B-ch. Nobody at my store seems to be that resentful to the price change team. Plano is M-F mornings too most of the time. Haven't heard of this at my store yet but it seems obvious that nobody, no matter what work center, would appreciate working a stupid shift like 11-7 everyday.

Having worked price change as recently as today, coming in later sucks. At our store if your not in by 6 am you can spend 45 minutes to an hour searching for equipment. When plu and one spot goes salvage we are expected to complete it before the store opens. Also we have a large steady stream of bargain hunters that will interrupt you to find out if something is going to down more. If you process a piece of salvage before they can buy it they can get down right pissy and having these guests follow you around is creepy! Our team does smart huddle, 4 x4s etc with the rest of the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back