Archived Problem with Team Member. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Long time lurker but first time poster. Anyways, I was hired almost a year ago as a Cart Attendant and just Today I was promoted to GSA (Yay!) but, I have a problem with another team Member. You see, this person and myself were friends for awhile untill we had an argument and haven't been on good terms since. This person is a cashier so while I was cart attending they would be spreading rumors and lies about me to all the other cashiers. I was having a really rough day once with a lot of stuff going on at home and 5 (yes, I counted) cashiers came up to me and told me this person had said some things about me. I was upset and sent this person a text that I instantly regretted as it was basically just me taking out my frustration on this person. Now that I have the GSA position, I'm hearing that this team member is telling other team members that they're going to bring screenshots of this text to HR and "Ruin my chances of ever getting out of being a CA". What should I do? I know as a GSA people are going to talk and I'm fine with that, but this is crossing a line. I want to tell HR but I worry that they'll doubt my abilities as a GSA. Any help would be Great. Thanks!

TL;DR - I just recently got promoted to GSA and a team member who I have a problem with is threatening to show HR a text I sent months ago that makes me look like a POS. What should I do?

Well.....I guess talk to the team member and apologize and try to patch things up. They were an asshole, but you fucked up. You can't undo the text, you can only try to get on good terms even if it's fake.

Well.....I guess talk to the team member and apologize and try to patch things up. They were an asshole, but you fucked up. You can't undo the text, you can only try to get on good terms even if it's fake.
Well, I have! This happened months ago and we patched it up and worked it out. But within a few weeks of patching it up it went right back to spreading rumors and threating me with this. Whenever I confronted them they would ignore me.

Tell this same story to HR. I would start by telling them that you're being blackmailed by another TM, because you are, and that's completely inappropriate. Then, you can go into the details of your former friendship and fight that caused the text messages you're worried about. It's better they hear it from you. However, I wouldn't really worry about it either. This other TM is the one that should be worried.

You have to show that TM that you're both not in high school anymore and give them the realization of the corporate world. You should definitely go to HR and tell your story. Since what you said went down happened months ago, you tried to put the past behind you but the other person clearly is not doing that and has no intention of doing it. If I were to go to HR, I would just say something along the lines of, "So, I used to be pretty good friends with a certain TM here and we had a bit of a fall out. Ever since then, I have put it behind me and moved on but I have had other TMs come to me and tell me rumors that are being spread by (former friend)." About the text, you can mention it. Say you were frustrated and everything but, that is really nobodies business. I wouldn't be worried about it unless you threatened the person. If you didn't then, you're good.

Wow, that's very immature of that person but you definitely should not have reacted. You gotta learn to let things go like that. Let people act however they will and keep your peace and stay out of it. Youl come out on top every time while they demolish themselves. Good luck!

Tell them you'll send harold to take them out back and deal with them. Seriously though, just tell your ETL before this TM tries anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back