Archived Problems with yearly review scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

I started out with 4 reviews to write and deliver. Then I ended up with only 3 after 1 person stopped coming to work. I was going to start giving them this week, but relized some scores on the reviews did not match the "Merit Statement." I asked my elthr and after he looked into it I was told that "I had to give the review based off the "Merit Statement"." On of the guys is leaving for Walmart, so that is not a big deal and the other guy has been with us just slightly longer than 90 days. Both are now getting an IE, instead of an E. Just glad it was not my brand team member that has been with Target 10 years or so. Now I have to rework the 2 reviews to match this lower score. Anyone else ever have this problem and what did you do? If it were my brand team member I would refuse to give the review, as I don't have any coaching other than one for attendance for this person to back up this score.

So they told you what to give them and you have to find the reasons to give them that?

So they told you what to give them and you have to find the reasons to give them that?
Yah! Might have been only a mistake on someone's part, but I wonder as it happened on 2 reviews, so I am not sure.

Yah! Might have been only a mistake on someone's part, but I wonder as it happened on 2 reviews, so I am not sure.

Wow, people have been saying that for a while now.
Always sad to get it confirmed again in no uncertain terms.

I had to give my TMs review scores and they received lowers scores than what I had originally gave them. HR explained that each store has X amount of money and in order to make that quota they sometimes need to lower TMs review scores to give them less because the store doesnt have enough. They cant give someone a 5 with a 2% raise, they have to lower the score to lower the pay increase.

that's how they justify the low raises. but i bet the ceo is getting a nice raise even after all the crap that went down last year. i got a crummy 1.5 percent raise, so i said good bye to spot. time to move on.

that's how they justify the low raises. but i bet the ceo is getting a nice raise even after all the crap that went down last year. i got a crummy 1.5 percent raise, so i said good bye to spot. time to move on.

This is probably going to make you really sick, I know it did me.

Greg Steinhafel got a $2,880,000 bonus for 2013.
That's on top of his yearly salary of $23,473,082 so it was pocket change.
We won't get into his stock options.

http://www.startribune.com/business/205326161.html

I wish I could get that much for making up silly words like "The Vibe" or "Be Bold"

I wish I could get that much for making up silly words like "The Vibe" or "Be Bold"

It would even be nice if he actually thought those things up.
I'm sure some committee worked out the details and just signed off on it.

This is why writing reviews has become a complete waste of time. You can not even write a an honest review you have tweek the scores lower because the store only gets X amount of money for raises. So a team member going the extra mile and a team member doing just enough get the same review and raise. Kind or ruins any incentive for anybody to more that just enough to avoid getting fired.

This is why writing reviews has become a complete waste of time. You can not even write a an honest review you have tweek the scores lower because the store only gets X amount of money for raises. So a team member going the extra mile and a team member doing just enough get the same review and raise. Kind or ruins any incentive for anybody to more that just enough to avoid getting fired.

This is exactly why some of our flow and backroom veterans have become extremely disgruntled. This is also around the time that new, hard working team members start to realize the lack of incentive. I have a team member who started in June of last year. Never has missed a shift nor has he been late for a shift. He unloads and pushes quickly, stays as late as needed, volunteers to work other areas, etc. Gets an IE for his review. Another team member who is on a constant rotation of coachings and counselings and is generally a waste of life, gets an IE. I couldn't even talk the HR and STL into letting me give him a U. The system is definitely flawed.

@Angel If you're a new TM, that's common.

@PStorm It sucks to put in a lot of work, and get nothing in return man. I know some TM's who just don't care anymore. They go in and do the bare minimum, because they know they will get the same hours, and most likely the same review score.

I got an IE, so I take it that's not a good thing??? I work hard!! I probably push more cafs than TM younger than I...I'm always on time, I'm the first one they call to cover shifts....

I got an IE, so I take it that's not a good thing??? I work hard!! I probably push more cafs than TM younger than I...I'm always on time, I'm the first one they call to cover shifts....

How well is your store doing?

@commiecorvus our store is one of the top ten

Sorry, than I don't have a good answer for you.
You could take the TL aside and ask what they think you need to do to improve.
In fact that should have been covered during the performance review.
Things like writing vibe cards and cross training.

In the last 8 months I have worked only 1 or 2 times that was longer than 30 minutes with my TL. We only see each other when I am clocking in and her out or something along those lines. I don't understand how she wrote my review or if I will ever get it, but who knows!?

I haven't heard any grumbling yet at my store, so I have no idea if they have started giving out reviews yet.

i had two e ratings but one got more of raise than the other. its a sad day for them. it hit me all of a sudden, i'm killing myself for a quarter an hour more? no way!

I hate the fact that you have to find reasons why you cant give someone a decent raise. For example at my store someone is one of the hardest workers there and always show up on time and they come in early and stay late. Never been coached or anything and When that person got their review the Logistic Etl doing the review said they left trash on the floor in the backroom one day like 2 weeks ago. So he couldnt give him more for the raise. They were so pissed especially since the backroom is always trashed and vehicles everywhere, push and backstock just thrown around,and the person doing the review had the nerve to call him out on trash from one day that he forgot about before he left. I didnt get my review yet but after hearing how everyone else reviews are going down I am prepared for the same BS. Good ole Target :D

I pestered my TL about my review today and he agreed to show it to me, but he said it wasn't the final polished copy.
The copy he was holding still had typos, various marks in pen, and notes.
Anyway, he's showing me the breakdown of my review and they're all mainly Es.
The sad thing was that I could see my ETL circled EX and offered explanations to bump me to EX for practically every line.
My TL had no justification for the scores. He kept telling me that I wasn't showing much leadership (l'm a TM).
I wish my ETL would have given me my review, at least she wouldn't be shitting around.

My TL said no one got an O because there is no such thing as a perfect TM. He was talking exactly like my ETL-HR.
I can't wait to fill out BTS in front of my ETL-HR and say
"Well there's no such thing as perfect leadership. We all have things we can improve on!"

I don't even know who's going to write my review. I was moved to the sales floor for good this winter, but I've barely seen any of the hardlines TLs, and when I was still at the front end, I almost never worked with the GSTL with whom I was aligned (anyone remember Team Alignment?). I'm sure whoever does my review will BS the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back