Archived PTM'S Instocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last week or two, my team and i have been unable to find ptms on the pda. we also searched all over on the mydevice but to no avail. anyone else having the problem? we were able to print out ptm's but that is just incredibly inconvenient and time consuming. so like i said, anyone else having this problem?

They removed it along with the In-Stocks/Task List app which was embedded in "Home>My Work" when signed in as a ISTM on the PDAs.

Heard they was working on a PTM version for the MyDevice.

Nice username btw.

Ptm task lists are no longer on either device. Just put the labels up (the location is on them) and scan it. You will be given a fill option. It is more time consuming and I am guessing that this is going to disappear from the instocks team's responsibilities since the SFTL's were initially supposed to be putting in the ptm fill requests and the salesfloor was supposed to work them. Our sf team has been working the maintainence ptm's at smart huddle for about the past 9 months with the management team dropping the pulls on their morning walk. Instocks has been handling the initial pull drop and fill. That has been gradually changing over the past 2 months

They removed it along with the In-Stocks/Task List app which was embedded in "Home>My Work" when signed in as a ISTM on the PDAs.

Heard they was working on a PTM version for the MyDevice.

Nice username btw.

first off thanks lol, and yeah the instocks app was removed about two or three months after i started, so i didnt mind the big shift to the mydevice. but no one seemed to know about the ptm's being dropped, so they kept asking us to do it, and asking why we havent done it. they didn't seem to understand why this was happening.

Ptm task lists are no longer on either device. Just put the labels up (the location is on them) and scan it. You will be given a fill option. It is more time consuming and I am guessing that this is going to disappear from the instocks team's responsibilities since the SFTL's were initially supposed to be putting in the ptm fill requests and the salesfloor was supposed to work them. Our sf team has been working the maintainence ptm's at smart huddle for about the past 9 months with the management team dropping the pulls on their morning walk. Instocks has been handling the initial pull drop and fill. That has been gradually changing over the past 2 months
i'll be happy to be done with the ptm's. wasn't hard taking care of them, just an annoyance really. especially when all the shoes would hit clearance.

Our sf team has been working the maintainence ptm's at smart huddle for about the past 9 months with the management team dropping the pulls on their morning walk

You have a sf team? or do you mean your specialty teams - Pog, Pricing?

Yep. Salesfloor team. What's that? (ie, we haven't had an actual sf team in months.) Probably since start times for flow, POG and pricing were pushed back.

I suppose the PFresh person and E/E person could count as a "team," though.

today i worked backroom, and it seemed whatever salesfloor there was, was just cashiering the whole night. so caf pulls just piled up. i stayed an extra hour, just to push as much as humanly possible.

A couple weeks ago PTM and Instocks were still on the PDA, you just needed to go to "Home" instead of "All Applications" to access them. But forget just toggling back and forth between Item Search, you'll need to keep going to "Home" to get back to the app. Unless that's just my store being some weird holdout or something.

Otherwise you could always hack it by scanning MPG labels and choosing to drop batches with D-Code in them or something. I think? Haven't messed around with PTMs in a while so not entirely sure on that.

A couple weeks ago PTM and Instocks were still on the PDA, you just needed to go to "Home" instead of "All Applications" to access them. But forget just toggling back and forth between Item Search, you'll need to keep going to "Home" to get back to the app. Unless that's just my store being some weird holdout or something.

Otherwise you could always hack it by scanning MPG labels and choosing to drop batches with D-Code in them or something. I think? Haven't messed around with PTMs in a while so not entirely sure on that.
as far as i know they have been dropped altogether on the pda.

I haven't even used a pda for instocks for quite a few months. I just shoot exfs with a MyDevice now. I honestly don't mind using the MyDevice, as long as it's working properly... Which happens sometimes.
My device exf was going very slow. That's when I tried in a PDA & forgot exf was taken away in all apps.

Curious as to whether or not this has been removed from IS responsibilities. The VMtl is now doing this at our store. Is this the norm (aka Best Practice)

I am the instocks team at my store. I shoot RIGS then pull research. TLs help shoot the rest of the tasklist (except they usually don't, and I often have to help the backroom pull CAFs).
Do you change workcenters when you go to the backroom (and for us add pushing freight)? They tell us not to do this because it "isn't significant". We do it often enough that it could very well end up being more than half of our shifts! I hate what this team has become. All we do is scan (and stupidly! now we are told to "scan to depth" WTH is that??) We now have a scan quota to meet each week ...everything that was part of our job that was interesting and fun has been given to others while our hours have been cut significantly. Last week a flow team member was asked to stay longer to SFQ newly set aisles! I remember that the rollout made it clear that SFQ was to be owned by instocks. There has been nothing said to our team, BP doesn't seem to have changed, but it sure feels like the writing is on the wall here.

Curious as to whether or not this has been removed from IS responsibilities. The VMtl is now doing this at our store. Is this the norm (aka Best Practice)

VML responsibilities include dropping and pushing PTM batches, so I'm assuming it's best practice now. Our IS team hasn't had that responsibility in a very long time though. Before the VML came, the SFTLs would drop and push along with SFTMs.

Do you change workcenters when you go to the backroom (and for us add pushing freight)? They tell us not to do this because it "isn't significant".
No I don't. They've never asked/told me to. Instocks, while technically a sales floor team, is directed by the Backroom TL at my store. So I'm sure his priority is the backroom. It seems like a conflict of interest to me. My job is basically pointing out errors made by his (flow) team.

No I don't. They've never asked/told me to. Instocks, while technically a sales floor team, is directed by the Backroom TL at my store. So I'm sure his priority is the backroom. It seems like a conflict of interest to me. My job is basically pointing out errors made by his (flow) team.

We are org'd to logistics but hours come out of sales floor but changing your WC documents how he is or is not using his team. We do change when we get told to do pricing or get told to push truck so our hours don't get burned but theirs. It also is proof when they call you out for not getting things done. "How can I when 24hrs of my 30hr week was in pricing or doing truck push?" which I had come up recently. My ETL knew and was cool, but the STL who is new, didn't. And after that had nothing to say.

We are org'd to logistics but hours come out of sales floor but changing your WC documents how he is or is not using his team. We do change when we get told to do pricing or get told to push truck so our hours don't get burned but theirs. It also is proof when they call you out for not getting things done. "How can I when 24hrs of my 30hr week was in pricing or doing truck push?" which I had come up recently. My ETL knew and was cool, but the STL who is new, didn't. And after that had nothing to say.
THIS is what I said to my ETL. I got whatevered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back