Archived Pushing PFresh batches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not really lost... Well other than on this forum. I posted this it he wrong place earlier. Now to try for the right place.

I got this from a previous thread in the "guides" section.

-----

8) Call backroom at 7:30 to make sure they pull and push the PFresh batches.

Is it best practice for the backroom team member to push PFresh Autofill and CAF?

I though this was a PAs responsibility. I am in a low volume store.

At my store, the backroom team members pull and stage anything in PFresh, and the TM in PFresh does all the pushes. There needs to be good communication between backroom and PFresh so that any backstock gets done as soon as possible.

HA! as soon as possible. It's hidden behind a closed door so it is typically last on the BR priority list.

HA! as soon as possible. It's hidden behind a closed door so it is typically last on the BR priority list.

thats why you communicate with them, ask them to pull it first or ask them what is in the coolers currently thats push...dont ASSUME things, always ask

It's not an assume or a communication issue. It's just not a priority issue for BR. Pro and meat coolers are not their priority for back stocking and pulling is done typically by the skin of their teeth. This morning they had 7 CAFs still in the gun at 7:50am.
I do all the pushing of product. When I m done I put the backstock clips on, call the backroom team member and let them know they have backstock. The usual reply is "when we get a chance we will get to it" but because it is behind closed doors it is not thought of. I go back after my other tasks are complete and get ready to do my order. I walk into the coolers and nothing is back stocked and the 1:00 is just added to the rack.

Food should always come first, and I don't just say that because thats my area! Its where we typically make most of our sales and is a huge loyalty driver with our guests.

That is exactly what we are trying to put across. It is a work in progress. Hopefully it will not take much longer for my BR to get into the proper routines.

Loyalty, yes; sales, no. Food is low margin so it's one of those basics you want people coming in for regularly because they're more likely to buy higher margin product.

I should clarify, while food is low margin, it is where we tend to see 30-40% of store sales.

At my store, PAs backstock everything but dairy and freezers, unless they don't have a PDA (happens a lot in the morning), in which case they ask me to backstock it and I do. BR usually saves dairy and freezer for the end of the night after CAFs. If price change is huge we can't do it, but I always stress to my newbs that freezers and coolers are your FIRST backstock priority, especially if we have a food truck coming in the next day. Doesn't mean they always do it (oh gosh it's too COLD, waaah), but I try.

The real problems come in when backstock from the truck isn't done.... grrr..... nothing like opening the freezer door at 1 pm to see three green racks of backstock that were left for you!

At my store, PAs backstock everything but dairy and freezers, unless they don't have a PDA (happens a lot in the morning), in which case they ask me to backstock it and I do. BR usually saves dairy and freezer for the end of the night after CAFs. If price change is huge we can't do it, but I always stress to my newbs that freezers and coolers are your FIRST backstock priority, especially if we have a food truck coming in the next day. Doesn't mean they always do it (oh gosh it's too COLD, waaah), but I try.

The real problems come in when backstock from the truck isn't done.... grrr..... nothing like opening the freezer door at 1 pm to see three green racks of backstock that were left for you!

i feel you! i hate seeing the entire back of the line full of back stock, and when im expected to do that alone, i find out the backroom pFresh team didnt finish their back stock, then i have to hear it from the closer

As the PA I would rather do the backstock myself so I can see dates and have an idea of what I will need to order later.

Our BR pulls the batches but we push them. We aren't responsible for back stocking but we do know how. BR usually won't backstock produce and meat until right before or after the last CAF pull, so if it gets really piled up I'll usually hop in and backstock it myself during the day because I hate the mess. We have two produce carts so I usually keep one for backstock and one for pulls and pull stuff off the backstock cart during the day if I know I need it. Meat is tricker because we only have one cart and BR avoids back stocking the fresh meat like the plague. It can pile up quickly.

As for dairy and freezer, never have touched it, never would except under extreme duress, lol.

Oh, and as far as priority on batches, our store is very strict about pFresh batches being pulled IMMEDIATELY; if they don't we're supposed to tell someone. Occasionally I'll find the 7:30 pulls to be a bit late, but that's only if they're very busy. They're supposed to pull it ASAP.

I find meat to be the simplest to backstock. All weighed meats have no eaches counted so they can get bcoded and placed under a like meat without need of a PDA and all the other stuff is quick work to backstock after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back