• Thread starter wilwum
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wilwum

Because of our PFresh remodel, our store leadership has been stressing the importance of freshness programs and had all of us retake the QMOS quiz. Which lead me to a question. The QMOS training seemed to imply that any sort of grocery item should be marked out in QMOS and not marked as defective. Yet, we're still taking dented cans and open grocery items up to guest service and putting them in the defective bin. Now, our defective bin has a label on it that said, "NO FROZEN, COLD, OR GROCERY ITEMS" but it seems to be that everyone I've asked said that I should take those items up there. What should we be doing with defective grocery products?

Our service desk has a bin for perishable defectives/QMOS (emptied several times daily as needed) & one for non-perishables.
If you're the one doing QMOS, it will tell you if an item has chargeback privileges (ie: vendor pick-up). Our service desk handles any defective foods found on the floor. They will QMOS first then, anything that had chargeback priv is separated out & defected.
Some non-perishables may be set aside for charities/non-profits (torn bags of dry pet food are taped up & donated to the local animal rescue, dented cans to a charity pantry, etc).

I'm challenging my new store on this. We don't have a QMOS bin. Where in the best practice does it state that a QMOS bin is needed at GS?

Gtc to red!

I would have said that but you beat me to it. :) I'm guessing that our service desk does a similiar procedure. Although, I'm still curious as why the bin says no groceries but everyone puts groceries in it. I suppose I should check with someone in our front end about that.

Not listed in BP but for our perishables, we simply requisitioned a sterilite trash can & wrote QMOS on it for items already done. Our CA empties it whenever it gets full, stinky or end of the night.
Pfresh handles most of the QMOS but SD handles what's brought up to them.
We had an unmarked bin that we made for non-leaking foodstuffs/animal food that goes to charities ONLY if it goes red/toss.

We toss all pfresh/grocery items in the red bin, or vendor pickup if applicable. My old CTL told me that the store receives more credit for qmos'd items then it does for red toss items. Is that correct?

We toss all pfresh/grocery items in the red bin, or vendor pickup if applicable. My old CTL told me that the store receives more credit for qmos'd items then it does for red toss items. Is that correct?

I've never heard this, but I do know for a fact that when you QMOS something from the salesfloor, it is replenished from the backroom if it is located. When you red defect it, the system doesn't know where it is coming from, so the shelves don't get replenished.

I think that's why we were told to attempt QMOS first. Then, if it has chargeback privileges, defect it out instead.

we didn't used to have a QMOS bin at the SD, but got one recently.

We defect out non perishables, and put any perishables in the QMOS bin for the grocery team to QMOS later.

We have a bin under the service desk for perishable/cold/frozen QMOS (with a separate bin for bananas for some reason). Before the store closes, whoever is closing in market brings a white bin on wheels labeled "QMOS" to Guest Service and dumps the contents in it. I believe we automatically defect non-perishables that can't be reshopped. Beyond that, I have no idea what we do regarding QMOS.

We QMOS before tossing them into the bin. Less messy than trying to sort it out later when it's ripe & rotting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back