Archived question about scheduled shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok can they force you to stay passed your scheduled shift end time even if you are the closing cart attandant and the shift ends at 10 or 10:30 but store closes at 11?

No. But if they ask you to stay, and you continually say no, they will remember that when it comes to writing the schedule.

If your shift is ends 10pm-1030pm, then clock out right then.

If its a shift closing with the store, it depends on your store politics.

At some of my old stores, if you were Front End, Backroom, or 'Clopening', you left at the end of your scheduled shift while Salesfloor stayed after closing. Save payroll as much as you can. You could stay if they asked you to stay.

At other stores, everyone stayed after closing. Cashiers, CAs, Salesfloor...everyone.

Last edited:
It depends on your store politics.

At some of my old stores, if you were Front End, Backroom, or 'Clopening', you left at the end of your scheduled shift while Salesfloor stayed after closing. Save payroll as much as you can. You could stay if they asked you to stay.

At other stores, everyone stayed after closing. Cashiers, CAs, Salesfloor...everyone.

The OP said they were scheduled to leave before close.

I didn't see the store closing 11pm portion. In that case, you clock out at your schedule time then. But a CA shift that leaves 30min or 1hr before close is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back