Archived Question about Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I will be moving in the south beginning of November. I have not talked to my managers about a transfer yet BUT I will let them know by next week or by the first of October.

How does a transfer work and what do I have to do?

I'm going to make sure I get my good references at the store.

Do I have to re-apply to the stores closest to where I will be moving and do the LONG application process all over again? Or is it a short application process because It's a target transfer?

I'm going to state that I will be moving down south where minimum wage is lower than in the state I live now. Does anyone know if I get a transfer, will my pay be the same as what I am getting paid now or will it be lower?

I want to keep my position private but I will state that I was promoted to a higher pay position but I am not a TL.

Also is a transfer guaranteed? If there is no opening for my position in the store I can still do another position that has a opening correct? EX:sales floor.

And say I do choose sales floor, will I have to work my way up again to my position I am currently? or once there is an opening again while I am sales floor will they promote fast?

How much time do I have till I start? I want to be able to have a little time to move (get some things settled) before I start working. Like can I start in a month time frame? Like Say I'm down south nov 1st can I choose to start Dec 1st?

How about the interview process? Do I have to go through a number of interviews all over again even with the transfer? When I first started I was interviewed by a team lead and 2 managers. 3 interview process.

Sorry all for so many questions. Never had a transfer and it's going to be a big move. Very stressful!

Thanks for reading.

Apply on ehr, before you do talk to your hr, if done correctly. Tell. Your hr that you have to move,. Also, let your stl or etl know. Ask your hr to contact the store you choose. I know folks who check stores off the clock, to see to the store at night. It might be slower, but take it. You will get the same pay.

I'm in the middle of a transfer now. I have a few stores that I'm looking at going to, new state, my hr will be emailing the new store and seeing what they have and we'll go from there.

I'm in the middle of a transfer now. I have a few stores that I'm looking at going to, new state, my hr will be emailing the new store and seeing what they have and we'll go from there.
Ck out the area & store at night for the best insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back