Archived Question for closing leads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought....I was promoted from GSA to Closing Team Lead, was told that it's not a Sr TL, but there's a pay "incentive" for being a key carrier, so I'm starting at 17.75 vs 16/hour. I start training this coming Monday.
I got my review last week, and of course my raise was calculated using my GSA pay rate of 12/hour, which yes technically that's what I was (well not really since gsa is no more), but I feel a little jipped on my raise percentage going into this new position.
Other thought/observation....on the newest schedule, it says Sr TL LOD...?
If I am not mistaken that is just the minimum! I got the closing leader position It shows I am a srtl... I fought for more I knew most of the process with the exception of soft lines and front end but a week into my training and I am comfortable with the position!

Random thought....I was promoted from GSA to Closing Team Lead, was told that it's not a Sr TL, but there's a pay "incentive" for being a key carrier, so I'm starting at 17.75 vs 16/hour. I start training this coming Monday.
I got my review last week, and of course my raise was calculated using my GSA pay rate of 12/hour, which yes technically that's what I was (well not really since gsa is no more), but I feel a little jipped on my raise percentage going into this new position.
If I am not mistaken that is just the minimum! I got the closing leader position It shows I am a srtl... I fought for more I knew most of the process with the exception of soft lines and front end but a week into my training and I am comfortable with the position!
“Senior” TL isn’t a thing anymore technically, but closing TL is keyed as one because they need access to a lot of the same stuff as previous seniors and ETLs since they’ll be the only leader running the store on all of their days. The extra pay for being a key carrier technically goes away for everyone, although no one’s pay will be reduced. $17.75 aligns with current “SrTL” and new TL paygrade, so that checks out and is a good sign that TLs moving from PG40 to PG45 will indeed be raised to the new base. The wording of it aligns with the script we are giving TMs, that the move to PG35 for them doesn’t include a raise, however, the base pay for PG35 being $13 is how we are raising everyone to $13.

Raises being wiped out by promotions is always a thing, depending on timing; the lucky ones promote in the fall or winter and get their raise applied to their newer pay, the ones that get promoted in the spring kinda get screwed. But yeah, you’ll be scheduled as SrTL LOD to make clear that you are there to be the leader in the building and not part of another workcenter.

About pay being at base, districts and the level of negotiation they offer internal promotions varies, and is most likely up to the HRBP. I’ve learned that at my store, about half of my peers negotiated their pay when they were first promoted to TL, and the other half weren’t able to and came in at base. Technically the policy is that experience pay isn’t supposed to be a factor for internals. The caveat with closing lead is while yes you are running the business as a whole, unlike seniors previously, you don’t also have a workcenter that you are expected to maintain. Many seniors are/were at base pay if they promoted to the role.

New pay charts and details should drop next week, since TLs role changes and paygrade changes are effective the following week.

Maybe i’ll get retroactive pay then because my new role has definitely started already 🤣

I got a raise of .48 up from base pay ($12) and an additional 4.50 after being offered the position which only brings me up to 16.98. I'm in ND but a pretty good sized store I was just wondering if this seems like good enough pay.

Did I read this right ? You were making 12.....they offered you 17.75.....and you feel jipped ?

Really ? My perspective is coming from : currently @ 17.00 for being a TL for 13 years with good reviews each year
What state? Volume?

TL for 18 months, started at $16.50 now a little above $18, took the closing lead spot and negotiating next week seeking no less than $21 which is in line with the average our seniors were getting

Having benefits and enjoying your job and schedule shouldn't bar you from getting the pay you deserve. And certainly more than someone new to the role.
Hoping to see a clean slate for all with the base pay increases. I know tm are in June But haven’t heard anything for TL yet. I realize experience pay is not a recognized thing. Probably because so much has changed . So much of what I used to know about fulfillment & Instocks & backroom are obsolete now anyway.
And.... the Vibe....hahaha

Hoping to see a clean slate for all with the base pay increases. I know tm are in June But haven’t heard anything for TL yet. I realize experience pay is not a recognized thing. Probably because so much has changed . So much of what I used to know about fulfillment & Instocks & backroom are obsolete now anyway.
And.... the Vibe....hahaha
Ours should be effective 5/26, info should start to leak next week.

Ours should be effective 5/26, info should start to leak next week.
Thanks. I hadn’t heard. I’m happy enough. Wouldn’t leave over a few K per year anyway.
Will admit I am slightly perturbed that a crappy new TL will be making the same as me, but then again....none of my business.

Thanks. I hadn’t heard. I’m happy enough. Wouldn’t leave over a few K per year anyway.
Will admit I am slightly perturbed that a crappy new TL will be making the same as me, but then again....none of my business.
Despite my urges on here for people to fight for their pay, I also do strongly agree that it’s better for both myself and the new guy to make more than if I made a lot more than them but we both make less.

I also agree it’s very valuable to have both a great schedule and to be happy with your job.

I’m curious what other stores have for floor coverage for close. For June week 1, I got 27 hours for “closing expert”. It was my understanding in the beginning that this was in addition to having GM experts on the floor as well. Is that the case? My store is not super high volume, but we do a considerable amount of sales, and mostly at night.

We already struggle with floor coverage, breaks, call boxes at night, so I want to make sure that it doesn’t continue to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back