Archived Questions about remodel L

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Target is getting a remodel in Electronics, Home Furnitre, Front end, and pharmacy in may. Im curious to how it's done. Do they shut the whole department down or what?

We went through a remodel back in 05. They built on to the store re did pharmacy etc etc...they actually built a temp pharmacy and put it in soflines, during the remodel...then when the remodel was done the new rx was unveiled . The temp pharmacy was made of all plywood no paint etc....it looked odd to say the least lol

Usually it will be done overnight. The department will likely still be shoppable if it's just fixture moves and the like. I only have experience with a PFresh right sizing remodel, so the only areas that got closed off was guest service after IGS was installed and fresh market when it was being dug out and installed. Other departments were left open while we moved fixtures and tore down and rebuilt gondolas. You'd be surprised at how much gets accomplished overnight during a remodel.

we did a full store remodel last year, shifts were 10p - 6a, so pretty much closed the entire time

was rather nice just throwing shit all over the place with no guests in the way lol

From what the op said, it doesn't sound like a full remodel. Electronics is probably the Electronics Experience expansion. Front end sounds like integrated guest service. Pharmacy will probably be updated, new counters, new paint. A store near me is getting the furniture expansion which has a layout similar to the rear seasonal patio set with collection displays in a open area. Seems like a store by store basis on who will get what. Some stores are also getting expanded infants area.

A full remodel usually involves updating, resetting the entire store, and sometimes moving entire departments, over a 3-4 month period. While this will be done overnight I doubt it will be of that length.

We're getting the electronics remodel, home furniture, and self checkout. They're asking for help with it and it should take about 2-3 weeks to complete. Will happen in 3Q.

If pharmacy is being remodeled, they almost HAVE to put up a temporary. They can't just let workers in there without a pharmacist or security present, and some states require that it be a pharmacist, due to drug diversion issues. I've heard that all stores are supposed to be updated to the "new layout" (from the old "bowling alley style") by the end of 2016, so that's what they're probably doing. At one store near me, they built an entirely new pharmacy in a different area of the store while they continued working in the "old" one. The "old" one is now simply storage....

@tgtcpht What do you mean by bowling alley style and the new layout? I think mine might be the bowling alley style, but I'm not exactly sure.

Last edited:
Talked to my STL today. My store is also getting remodeled sometime this summer. We're getting the home innovation, electronics experience, mannequins, self checkout (we already have IGS or we'd be getting that too), and a new counter and consultation room for the pharmacy. I'm not too sure what all is going on in the pharmacy as they said there might be more going on back there. They also weren't very clear about the counter and consultation room anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back