Archived Random 1 hour shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the world can cause me and the other Cash Office girl to get random 1 hour cart attendant shifts?

I have 3 shifts under Cart Attendant 10-11am...
Like three separate one hour shifts...

Not like a split shift.. but... 3 SINGLE one hour shifts

I'm so lost lol.

I asked someone from HR and she didnt know what I would be doing

Wut?

Last edited:
Someone fuzzed something up.

I was thinking that too. I was like, "Oh okay, they screwed up on my schedule"
Then I looked at hers and she had the same shifts and then I was confused..

The only thing I can think of is they want us to clean something but still, an hour? I thought the min HAD to be at least 3

They have to schedule you a minimum of 3 hours. I'm not sure if its based on local state laws. At least it is at where I am as I been told.

State law here states you have to be schdeuled for 4 hours, which means even if you work 1 hour, they have to pay you for 4! Responded to an alarm call last night as No ETL's apparently answered there phone, was at the store less than a half hour with the cops. easiest four hours of OT I have ever earned....

3 hours minimum is company policy. MAX won't schedule under 3 hours in 24 hours unless it's tacked on to additional hours in another work center. I would bring it up to HR in case they made a mistake.

State law here states you have to be schdeuled for 4 hours, which means even if you work 1 hour, they have to pay you for 4! Responded to an alarm call last night as No ETL's apparently answered there phone, was at the store less than a half hour with the cops. easiest four hours of OT I have ever earned....

Stl you are sr.tl correct?

Yea!

I thought you were an etl, by now.

Yea!

Just got signed off, waiting on assignment, so i still kind of refer to myself as a senior TL as I am still hourly....... lol

Yea!

Just got signed off, waiting on assignment, so i still kind of refer to myself as a senior TL as I am still hourly....... lol

Congrats! Enjoy the 40 hours weekly with no overtime, while you can.

Yeah, I'm gonna ask on monday.. I hope they replace those shifts. I only got 6 hours that week o_O

I've gotten a one hour shift before but I assume it was a mistake. I just talked to the person who had the shift right before me and asked them to stay an hour later. I was like, I'm not getting dressed and driving down here for an hour. :p

I've gotten a one hour shift before but I assume it was a mistake. I just talked to the person who had the shift right before me and asked them to stay an hour later. I was like, I'm not getting dressed and driving down here for an hour. :p
That's exactly what the other CO girl said "If they think we are coming in for an hour, they are crazy!"

ahaha No way in hell am i driving 30 minutes to a 1 hour shift.... Hell no.

They have to schedule you a minimum of 3 hours. I'm not sure if its based on local state laws. At least it is at where I am as I been told.

Minimum at Target is 3, unless state law requires something else. I kind of wonder if they scheduled you the hour with the intention of it being at the beginning or end of a split shift in another workcenter. Sounds to me like there were too many cooks in the kitchen writing the schedule that week.

lol i was once scheduled for a 45 minute shift. i told one of my etl's and she took me off because the minimum is 3 hours.

We've been getting a lot of 3.75 or 4 hour shifts. While there are people who are part timers and come in after another job (or work in the am and go to another job) it seems to me to be a bit ridiculous to have such short shifts. I'm beginning to wonder if these shorter shifts are easier for people to call off on. Almost every day there is a call off at the front end...and those call offs are usually the short shifts. Is it just me...or is there a higher call off rate for these short shifts?

At my store, you may get a 1 hour shift if it is tacked on to another work center (as someone else mentioned). Like our backroom team might be scheduled 8-3 in the backroom and then 3-4 in bike assembly. If it is strictly just a 1 hour shift, something doesn't seem right.

My other thought was that they may be "borrowing" hours from another work center because they are short on hours in your work center. That doesn't sound like the case though.

If there's a call-out (yeh, when ISN'T there one) the short-shifters are the first they ask to stay.

I was scheduled a 9am to 12pm shift on Apr 4th. Got a note from our etl-hr that due to sales they were cutting shifts and that was the one they cut. Thanks. I really wasn't looking forward to driving all the way in for a 3 hr shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back