Archived Re-Banking Lanes: Best Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking the Beast is the safest way, all things considered. In addition, it doubles as a desk. What's not to like? But I certainly get your point.

I've never seen a GSTL/GSA close a register without having the box-on-wheels right there, even for electronics. I was asked to walk with the GSTL to electronics once because we had no AP that night.

I've never had anyone walk with me except another GSA while I was in training. I'd say 90% of the time AP has left the building by the time I start rolling cart out anyway.

My old Super-T was 28 lanes (used to have more)...

For rebanking lanes at night, the System Closed registers you should NOT have to remove funds. You DO however need to be accountable for every bag on the checklist, so those locations you will need to collect the canvas bags (if they are left at the register).

Good for them, but isn't that sort of dangerous? I thought we were supposed to just give it to them to protect ourselves.

Always said I would "faint" if I were to get robbed at work. So I am not giving them anything, but I am also not refusing to listen. I just fainted. I think it would be interesting to see what they would do.

Good for them, but isn't that sort of dangerous? I thought we were supposed to just give it to them to protect ourselves.

We are. It's just a retail version of the buddy-system, really. If somebody threatens us and wants the cash cart, we give it to them. They're difficult to maneuver/turn by design (unless you're experienced like we are ;)) so when they do take it there will hopefully be good footage of them struggling out the door.

my store had 22 lanes and we were a greatland. when we changed to pfresh we went down to 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back