Archived Readerlink Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was informed today that store initiated inventory removals for Readerlink was being discontinued. Who else is rolling their eyes at this?

I understand that this is why we have IRs drop, but it is so much more efficient and we save on payroll doing it that way.

I was informed today that store initiated inventory removals for Readerlink was being discontinued. Who else is rolling their eyes at this?

I understand that this is why we have IRs drop, but it is so much more efficient and we save on payroll doing it that way.
I haven’t heard anything about it. In fact I have some ir that I my supported because now they are not on file , my dtl told me they are working on my support and if I don’t hear anything to let them know

What process will we use to handle discontinued books?

I wasn't aware there was a process for sending back Readerlink books other than in the IRs that were issued. I've asked multiple people in my store including the STL and no one knew anything about dealing with D-Code books. How does that process work?

What process will we use to handle discontinued books?
Strictly IRs. Maybe its just a district thing, since they like testing things a lot over here. My ETL sent me an operational focus email where it specifys it along with greater focus on other of our metrics.

I say if they haven't told you not to do credits then more power to you.

How does that process work?

Just initiate a credit like you do for your other vendors. Be sure the book you are using to start the credit is readerlink, not another vendor. When it asks for an invoice number use that day's date since you won't be getting one from readerlink. Proccess it out and attach the packing list to one of the boxes. I prefer to do it on the first.

We utilize or utilized this method a lot. A few weeks ago we were sent a list of how many NOP books each store in our district had. We were the best one with about 100 versus a few stores who had 3000 plus books.

Ohhhh I missed the store initiated part of your post. I get it now, we only do hq initiated ones other than the huge credit we did in Q1. We also had the fewest books in our district unlocated, I did an audit of all wacos in BR before dropping those IRs and asked salesfloor to super zone books ..they didnt but the audit definitely helped my numbers at least with books. After consistently being well above 90% before Modernization my numbers have really suffered this year but I got up to 94% last week on IRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back