Archived Realistic practical advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I need. I'm debating on stepping down. It's because I'm gettin more offers for film jobs and don't want 40 hours a week of work to get in my way of taking them. But at the same time my store isn't in any shape to lose a Tl in Softlines right now were already down one and trust me we feel it. So maybe waiting but when is there a good time for a leader to step down? I don't know I feel trapped being promoted was a big mistake on my part

Also I would like to clearifly I still need a day job to pay bills so I still need something besides film just not as intense as team lead

Is there ever going to be a good time?
You will always feel guilty and they will always take advantage of it.
Do what is best for you, Spot will survive.
Congratulations on the film jobs, I'm really happy for you.
It's nice to see people find their bliss.

Our former SL TL stepped down and became sl brand tm, she's still getting 32-40 hours a week. Maybe that is an option?

My suggestion would be to have a serious chat with your ETL, tell them exactly how you feel and what your thinking about. Theres never really a "good" time per say to step down. But remember, YOU have to do what is BEST for YOU and the only one who knows whats BEST for YOU is YOU...

and don't forget to mention you'll be glad to train your replacement and who would be a good candidate when you talk to your etl. also discuss a timeline for your duties and remember they can promise you the moon verbally, but never believe them... always CYA

I agreed with the others. Think about it, carefully. Spot can become a part time gig. Don't let regret or 2nd thoughts control what you enjoy doing(film). Look at it long term, not short term.

The highest paygrade position that's below TL is Paygrade 9, I think that's Baker, and one or two other positions, and those are REG positions, so you don't lose any of your TL benefits!
That is what I need. I'm debating on stepping down. It's because I'm gettin more offers for film jobs and don't want 40 hours a week of work to get in my way of taking them. But at the same time my store isn't in any shape to lose a Tl in Softlines right now were already down one and trust me we feel it. So maybe waiting but when is there a good time for a leader to step down? I don't know I feel trapped being promoted was a big mistake on my part

Also I would like to clearifly I still need a day job to pay bills so I still need something besides film just not as intense as team lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back