Archived Receipt question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got a Gopro around december and now it stopped working. Not sure where the receipt is but GoPro needs the receipt now. I know i bought it at target for sure, but is there any way they can print me a replacement receipt or am i screwed?

Original receipt? Nope.
If you know the date, your GSTL/GSA might be able to print out an EJ (electronic journal) copy.
That would contain all the essential elements of your transaction.

AP can also find it. But will need the date and preferably the total purchase amount.

So i got a Gopro around december and now it stopped working. Not sure where the receipt is but GoPro needs the receipt now. I know i bought it at target for sure, but is there any way they can print me a replacement receipt or am i screwed?

Your credit card if you used one to buy it, can help pinpoint the date to help the store find a copy for you.

Totally unhelpful to your current problem (because I don't know but have also wondered!) but I've started trying to make most big purchases online or via store pick up due to that same issue of tracking down receipts. Electronic receipts are sooo much easier to provide a year down the road!

The store is not able to do a receipt look up with your card because it's past the 30 days for electronics. I was told that AP can only look up transactions within the past 90 days and not past that.

The store is not able to do a receipt look up with your card because it's past the 30 days for electronics. I was told that AP can only look up transactions within the past 90 days and not past that.
That's not exactly true. With enough details I've found receipts from a year or later. It just takes time and sometimes a little luck.

That's what AP tells us, maybe they just don't want to take the time to look for that transaction.
After a certain amount of time it becomes harder and you need more details to narrow it down. And time isn't always on AP's side. But I usually try to find it if I can.

Tip: Be nice to your AP and they may try a little harder.

After a certain amount of time it becomes harder and you need more details to narrow it down. And time isn't always on AP's side. But I usually try to find it if I can.

Tip: Be nice to your AP and they may try a little harder.

I think AP gave us that 90 day "rule" because he doesn't have time to search for a receipt that a guest lost many months ago. He's a busy guy. Most guests don't have any details that helps him narrow it down. I personally hold on to my receipts for a year for expensive items, especially electronics because most manufacturers have a 1 year warranty.

I have my APSes number, don't want to text her unless I know she's on the clock though. I know just the date and a rough estimate of time where I bought it... you think that'll do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back