Archived Receivers / Modernization questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today we had a double and oh my God...it was crazy...I am so lucky to have 5 docks and 1 that bypasses the line...I had my vendors roll the loads right into the empty first trailer. ETL log got kind of mad that they were there before 8 but I told him..honestly you guys are not going to be done until way past 8. I only had to reroute my sbux load. Line was still packed when I left and we have another truck tomorrow.

Well today we had a double and oh my God...it was crazy...I am so lucky to have 5 docks and 1 that bypasses the line...I had my vendors roll the loads right into the empty first trailer. ETL log got kind of mad that they were there before 8 but I told him..honestly you guys are not going to be done until way past 8. I only had to reroute my sbux load. Line was still packed when I left and we have another truck tomorrow.
We took a double today, another double tomorrow. Could have taken a triple today if the first truck wasn't an hour late

Questions. Im getting boxes full of random stuff with tiny bits of register paper taped to them. They have printed "Damaged" with the dpci. How do I process these? Also, with special handling salvage, do I scan them in one by one to a Salvage pallet? Im trying to fill in the gaps from my training....

Those slips are usually when their printer is offline. Is it vendor merchandise? If it is then stow it until you receive a credit. Some vendors dont give out credits, so I just overide it to destroy with the PDA.

Best practice states that we have to, but it is my opinion that outbound tracking it a "BS" app. When I took over receiving I didn't realize that you have to "ship" the pallets out using that app about 4 months into the role. When I was stumbled upon the guide on workbench I freaked out. I freaked out even more when I saw that no one had shipped out pallets in 2 years! I had over 100 CRC pallets and over 500 in Salvage. I mysupported it and they told me that the store would have been informed years ago if they weren't receiving the pallets and to do a dummy shipment for what I had in the system. So yes, I still scan special handling into the pallet, just to cover my ass.

I’ve been in receiving for 4 years I know you ship out and salvage .. my problem is the new system.. for me it’s not working my area is never clear I can’t get to my work!! I hate it!! Lol crc
Questions. Im getting boxes full of random stuff with tiny bits of register paper taped to them. They have printed "Damaged" with the dpci. How do I process these? Also, with special handling salvage, do I scan them in one by one to a Salvage pallet? Im trying to fill in the gaps from my training....
I scan one to see where it goes and then just place them where they go.. not saying I’m right it’s just what I do.. it’s worked for almost 5 years...
That's how it's supposed to work, but it doesn't. Same as hours changed to 8am too align with new truck times... they still show up at 6:30am and get pissy we won't drop the line for them to unload.
my vendors show up at 9:00 and still can’t get in!!!

I meant to ask my receiver how the vendors will get thru the line with the pending logistics rollout. We are doing a push all starting at 6. There is no fucking way we will be done by 8. Can't wait for the cluster, lol
At my store we rearranged steel and created an outlet at the far end of the line for vendors that come in before the truck unload is over

I have a whole 32 hours a week and get absolutely no help at all.
Our store is getting 65 receiving hours a week with BTS and usually 80 during Q4 but we’ve only ever scheduled 40... he is miserable all the time and gets no help.

Our store is getting 65 receiving hours a week with BTS and usually 80 during Q4 but we’ve only ever scheduled 40... he is miserable all the time and gets no help.
Our receiver works 40 hours and never gets help; I kind of assumed recieving hours were stuck at 40, I think I’ll check what we actually got and challenge whoever is denying him the help he needs...

Well after almost 2 weeks I can definitely see no one considered how hard it would be to try and load a sweep truck around the enormous amount of freight everywhere and the constant foot traffic.
It's a mess on any given day and some one is going to get hurt trying to maneuver around everything.

Target took an efficient process they were known for and screwed it all up to keep from paying a few more people to be on the floor. Then they want to change when deliveries and merchandisers and multiple other companies do their business to accommodate them.

Dumbest move we've made since Target Canada.

No, its dumber than that. Its on the line with the items that killed Toys'r'us and is killing Sears. And I like this style. It should just be done overnight.

We start our 6ams next week and I'm worried about how I'm going to get my vendors through. It is really going to suck during 4th quarter when SFS explodes. And if the truck unload is now going to take 3-4hrs I won't be able to get my C&S and milk through because the line will be in the way.
Sure you will, the will be forced to come in at noon. (i'm not joking. I come in at 3 to close and we still have vendors that used to be mornings coming in)

Well that store must suck , sorry to say it but if they don’t care is not much to say about the leaderships
Boschs's store is special. There is what everyone believes is a statue out front. In reality it's satan upside down in ice.

That's how it's supposed to work, but it doesn't. Same as hours changed to 8am too align with new truck times... they still show up at 6:30am and get pissy we won't drop the line for them to unload.
The delightful discussion with their boss over this and our New policies will eliminate that.
We have started our 6ams this week. Haven't moved over to the new process yet so we still unload the trucks in one go. So all my vendors who come in at 6 can still get through by going the long way around the line, but if they have a pallet they are SOL until the truck unload is done at 7ish. I have no clue how we are going to do this once the new unload process starts.
Its simple. They won't. They will have to come in later much later.
We took a double today, another double tomorrow. Could have taken a triple today if the first truck wasn't an hour late
I really wish I could have video taped the RM offload because, 3 trucks at once will some sort of spectacular hell only seen when watching Game of Thrones Battles.

In the past the fdc unload would rotate unload times once or twice a year. They gad a early, mid and late unload. Right now we are a mid noon till 4. If it should change any time soon we would be an early 6 to 10. Now want that be fin time for all

Our receiver works 40 hours and never gets help; I kind of assumed recieving hours were stuck at 40, I think I’ll check what we actually got and challenge whoever is denying him the help he needs...
Our ETL log just steals the hours for flow since it’s all under logistics and as long as his department comes flat he’s okay

We're took that triple yesterday. First at our store ever. Last trailer was 800ish though. Who the fuck sends that? It wasn't pipo or furniture either...
Even though 800 is a waste I have heard from multiple leaders that it's normal for an added truck to be super small like that. They all seem to enjoy it being that small rather than ...being efficient but okay. Lol

1. My sweep loading generally begins immediately after the unload on Monday. I'm on every weekday unload and many times over half the weekend unloads. I lose a lot of time being part of it. Plus, I can't actually start cleaning up receiving and the backroom until it's over, but by then it's time to receive vendors which always arrive at the exact millisecond I just start doing a task that's away from my desk.

2. Initially no, but once we constantly got 2200+ trucks most dock-based delivery drivers have started coming after 9. I'm at a lower volume store if 2200 sounds like pansy ass stuff.

3. Beside the unload taking longer and all of the cascading time-based effects of that, the change to the unload hasn't greatly affected me.

Other notes...I wish I could let loose a swarm of gremlins that throw insults at people whenever they come to the backroom and treat it like the town dump.

Im miserable in the receivers position.
I'm sorry...I know how that feels. I bust my ass every day and yet still always worry about hours being messed with and so much other bullshit. Plus the endless cleaning up after lazy people and the constant calling them out on the lazy things they try to get away with. I actually like my job but the constant change is stressful too.

Well, I've been in the job 8 months, and I did figure out how to get everything done. I love the job now. With only 7 trucks a week, I'm finding I have spare time to fix issues from my predisisor. Question. We have tons of returned online books. I've tried to do a vendor return, but the assigned dci to each book isnt allowing me to do it. How do I get rid of these books?!!!!

Well, I've been in the job 8 months, and I did figure out how to get everything done. I love the job now. With only 7 trucks a week, I'm finding I have spare time to fix issues from my predisisor. Question. We have tons of returned online books. I've tried to do a vendor return, but the assigned dci to each book isnt allowing me to do it. How do I get rid of these books?!!!!
Defect them out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back