Archived Receiving Questions and Answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's a few people on this board who are "experienced" in this field. Let's try to keep a good communication going. My first question:

Currently, what paperwork do you send to corporate? I have been just sending beverage (including alcohol). That is it. Do they want any more than that?

Read this and that, blah blah. People open it up to interpretation though.

Second question:

Apparently I will be receiving a compactor key. About damn time. What took them so long to figure this out??

That's enough for now. I hope someone chimes in to at least say "I don't know".

Yes, please! I hope we can make a receiving thread that might get enough information to be stickied. It is such an obscure position that so few people talk about.

I am newer to the position, and currently only send beverage and alcohol invoices in. What I am curious about is that we used to send BOLs for credits, waiting on a MySupport to figure out if we still send any of those. The message board did say though, "send no more BOLs" so I figured no more credits sent in. There's nothing else I send, it's a pretty small envelope each week compared to what used to go out.

I asked for a compactor key and was told by ETL-AP that I was not qualified. Receiving/Reverse Logistics is a TM position that cannot have a compactor key, but I did get a bailer key. If you do get a compactor key (or keys, as you need one for the door and one for the compactor) keep it on the down low.

Will try to add my Outbound-Tracking adventures posts in this one as soon as I have time.

The way I read it is that all they want sent are the alcohol bills. We file a copy and we send a copy to them. I've had a compactor key for a long time so that was never an issue.

If hq doesnt wont us to send bol for anything but soda or beer/wine why do we have to fill out bols? Couldnt we just print the credit we keyed in from vendor credit screen and staple it t credit we get from the vendor?? Since the E recycle goes in the CRC box at guest service why didnt HQ removed this from the system. Guest Dervice is still keeping E mdse seperated althought it could fit in CRC box.

Hi everyone I am also a Receiver, great idea for a thread for us. I am sending all beverage invoices in right now except for the ADSD ones and continuing to make copies of my alcohol ones to retain those. I am filing all my vendor receipts I receive such as Tortillas and smaller vendors with the daily DSD receipts from UPS and FED EX by date. I've never sent any BOLs except my sweep ones but I do retain the ones I create for credits with my packing slips. Seems dumb to have to create those though because the vendor/driver doesn't need or want it and the P/S stapled to the credit should be enough for corporate.

On outbound tracking...oh yes fun fun, the hardest part has been trying to get everyone on the same page with the vague communication from above given on the launch of this new app. Cant wait to see what is going on for you all with this, it launched while was I was on vacation and even though I told numerous etls and stl it was launching they all missed it. No surprise there..

Anyone else going to a 6 am unload from 4? We are starting that in about 3 weeks, and our ETL is such a crappy leader I cant wait to see how much fun that will be haha. Its been impossible to get her to help me prepare vendors and drivers for the upcoming changes.

I look forward to keeping up with you all!

Does anyone track their food donations? I've been told it's best practice, I've looked in the "best practice" menu on Workbench and haven't found what I'm looking for, but I'm usually in a hurry and don't have much time to spend searching for these things. Is there a label to print and a best practice to follow for tracking food donation? Any info?

New CRC update! Notables for me include no need to bubble-wrap vacuums (just TVs apparently), and "please make sure you only use one CRC sticker per box so as to enhance productivity!" So really nothing major changed, but maybe a few minor changes to best practice and a lot of random rules. I'm newer to reverse logistics so I didn't know every little detail of what used to be, but printed a copy of the new CRC guidelines and hung them by our pallet for others to enjoy.

There are new labels for food and pet donations and from what I've read you dont have to track bakery or meat items. Just such things as candy or cereal or other items we donate instead of toss. As for pets i just scan the pallet items in when I prepare the pick up.

You can find the new labels on work bench.

Do any of you donate slightly dented cans? We are not allowed to but I saw a thing on a table talker last month about all the canned good we donate.

Do any of you donate slightly dented cans? We are not allowed to but I saw a thing on a table talker last month about all the canned good we donate.

According to the Unsalable Food Donation Guide (or something like that) on workbench, you are allowed to donate damaged dry goods. I only donate the slightly dented or dinged cans though, as I'm not trying to donate any botulism.

True, the only donations that need to be tracked are the ones that Reverse logistics has defected out. Meat, bakery, produce, does not.

I have the labels for the Pet and Food donations right next to the respective locations. I just track the donations to the bin label and I box up in food grade boxes as I go. Then at the start of the day, if I have enough to go out, I process for pickup. I then use the same bin label to start again. Been going pretty well so far.

Remember. No storing of any pet or people food in regular boxes or storage bins. Must be a food grade box like a banana box or crate. I use the egg boxes, works rather well.

Just posted this in a market thread, thought I would share it here as well in case anyone else is going through the Target FDC transition or will be in the future. Not sure how many receivers this will be relevant to but I'm usually asked to handle the acknowledge/unload/temp log on every incoming order.

-Target FDC is received as a DCI. The DCI number will be on the carbon-copy yellow/blue paper, key it in under "RF Apps/Acknowledge DCI" just like the general merchandise trailer. After that, toggle to the "Push" web app and open/close the trailer. Trailer # will again be on the carbon-copy papers. Unlike the regular truck, no labels need to be scanned, it just gets entered into the system with "Push" and then closed out.

-The drivers have been 99% third-party at my store, or else that one guy didn't know what he was doing, heh. So they will have paperwork to fill out the arriving seal, which you cut off the trailer lock, the arrival time when you acknowledge the DCI, the actual pallet count, temperature readings, returned pallets (FDC has their own unique black pallets that the order arrives on and you return on the next truck...they're very easy to differentiate, you'll see) - and then the out-going seal you record the number on and tie onto the lock. Also there is an organic/produce checklist to acknowledge that everything as far as produce pallets was acceptable, that was a new one for me.

-The few weeks of deliveries didn't have this, the most recent one did: Each pallet will have a label on it with a number somewhere on the sticker. The driver had a sheet with our store number and the pallets for our store, we were supposed to initial next to each pallet as we moved it off the truck. I wasn't able to find the number on the label and initial because we had a major problem with the driver and paperwork wasn't completed. I'd love to give an update on the situation but I feel like I'm in too small of a pool to give the gritty details, I'll be sure to post them at a later date along with how to find the pallet number, if this is an ongoing trend.

-The FDC trucks have a cooler/frozen/cooler layout with two sets of dividers and the frozen in the middle. They keep the temp much better than our previous food orders except the bananas tend to be colder. Most frozen is close to -10, dairy around 32.5, bananas 57.

-Truck arrives very promtply or even ahead of schedule; for overnight stores they will deliver at 2 or 3am, for others they will arrive within a 2-hour-before/2-hour-after window.

So far, seems to be a good thing! Strange to say at my job, as things generally trend downwards, but a change is always nice.

Also thanks for the info on food donation tracking. I found the labels for the pet donations, I haven't yet found the people-food donation ones but I'll try to track those down. I've found partnering with someone on the food truck push to save you apple boxes works well. I've also been told by a couple ETLs that any box previously containing food is OK, so I often wait till the trash cages roll back from the truck push and I grab as many cereal boxes out as I can - they are big and great for the lighter food donations.

And yes, we donate any dented cans, any crushed boxes, as long as the seal isn't compromised. If the can is leaking, it's trash. If the cereal box is squished but the inner bag is intact it's OK to donate, if the inner bag is ripped it's trash.

Count them up, put them in a box, write "pallet bands" on it and throw it on the truck. Then when you fill out the sweep info on the computer you list them as pallet bands under "Miscellaneous Recyclables" down near the bottom of the page with the quantity and weight (I just guesstimate this).

Im an experienced receiver. If anyone needs anything please ask! Love what i do and take great pride in it, only if its just target as a lot of people see it.

I wonder if the DC reuses the bands you send back. Probably. We go through a lot of them

No they dont refuse them. We are now able to send FDC pallets on sweep as well!!
I'm pretty sure there was a communication telling us to NOT do that. Might have been a workbench headline a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back