Archived Receiving Ship to Store Packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told since the beginning it was my job as the receiver. It’s tough sometimes to finish it only getting 32 hours usually. I would love to just dump and run on the front end though! Stupid question here. Is FFTM flexible fulfillment team member?

Yes Not a dumb question at all.

?
You’re a receiver? And you’re part time? Do you assist a full timer at a high volume store?

D AND C volumes I believe mytime only allocates 32 hours for the reciever. I'm at a b now and they get 40

Yes I'm the receiver. I get 40 hours the last three weeks of December then down to 32 the rest of the year. I'm full time with benefits as long as my average hours don't drop below 32.

D AND C volumes I believe mytime only allocates 32 hours for the reciever. I'm at a b now and they get 40

I’m not arguing or saying you’re wrong, but I’m at a C store with a 40 hr receiver. Maybe hours vary by district or region?

I’m not arguing or saying you’re wrong, but I’m at a C store with a 40 hr receiver. Maybe hours vary by district or region?

You're probably right I haven't worked at a c volume before. I just know my etl log came from a d volume and mytime only alotted 32 hours at his store.

If you're getting 32 I'm wondering what's happening to the other 8?

I was in a D volume store and although my Receicer got 40, but only scheduled 32 in Receiving. The other 8 is on truck unload.

You're probably right I haven't worked at a c volume before. I just know my etl log came from a d volume and mytime only alotted 32 hours at his store.

If you're getting 32 I'm wondering what's happening to the other 8?

I don’t know honestly. I know my receiver gets a 40 hour week doing her job. Whether 8 of those hours are to be allotted else where, I can’t tell you. She’s nice and does good work so I’m not upsetting our flow.

C volume here and I get 30 hours for receiving. Also I just pile all the STS on a flatbed and drop it off up front.

At my store, receiving gives them to SFS. SFS brings them to service desk. Service desk TM processes them. Unless its a really slow day in ship, then sometimes we'll process them for something to do.

This time of year though our receiver has been taking them to service desk for us.

At my store, receiving gives them to SFS. SFS brings them to service desk. Service desk TM processes them. Unless its a really slow day in ship, then sometimes we'll process them for something to do.

This time of year though our receiver has been taking them to service desk for us.
Lol why doesn't the receiver do it every day? There's almost always mail to go up front anyways.

Best practice is for gsa/GSTL to process them.

Most stores didn't get ship from store until this year so no it shouldn't fall on them.
Is there communication on this somewhere I can reference this? The GE chewed me out last week and I'm SFS TL lol

We were told 2pm when it first started, but USPS always delivered right before 2pm, making that deadline impossible. However, there is no metric that I can find on it, and at my store only things that have metrics to be graded actually matter.

The ETL just told us there is a 2pm metric for STS. I personally have never seen this and asked where is it and he didn’t mention where. The metrics most likely somewhere under the Guest Experience section since I don’t see it under logistics and OPU supplies are labeled for ETL-GE for some reason. He didn’t know what to say with the metric when I mentioned USPS packages are given to us AFTER the 2pm deadline. I’ll try and find out tomorrow when I work. He mentioned it briefly.
We’re under the new modernization pilot, but I doubt that’s the reason why.

I’m not sure if you ever found it if the metric was true.

It's a metric but not one specifically tracked AFAIK. it's more of a brand thing to have them all checked in

We at sfs have always had to do it, except on a handful of times where GS was told to. We rarely meet our pick and pack goaltimes so our closer does the STS after packing. Which often gets piled up for days until our 1 good closer comes in and handles it all or most of it. We've been trying to see if our GE ETL can have GS do it but, likely not.

We used to have backroom do it until they fucked everyone and nerfed out roles. Now we're pretty much just opu/backup SFS with some backstocking now and then

it's SFS job unless they're super behind, then the closing lead will ask me to do it

i will reluctantly say yes, even though i've got a mountain of other things to do

such is life as a service advocate.....

Reading this and trying to picture GS or the front end leadership doing this all the time blows my mind. There is no way any of us would have time to do this? This is strictly done by SFS or someone in the backroom relm.... I would say we’re all competent enough and most of us know how to do it but never a routinely thing. Also if you want to get specific if you look up the core roles of a GSTL/GSA we are to always be available for the guest and never assist in pushing of any product.

Also if you want to get specific if you look up the core roles of a GSTL/GSA we are to always be available for the guest and never assist in pushing of any product.
Oh, is this why at least one store in my district is trying to pawn off OPU pickup on SFS? As if we don't already have a hard enough time getting picked and packed on time.

Oh, is this why at least one store in my district is trying to pawn off OPU pickup on SFS? As if we don't already have a hard enough time getting picked and packed on time.
I would never fight someone who said logistics gets the shit end of every stick... we have metrics on the front end but nothing like you guys have it. I guess it’s a trade of for dealing with the guest BS we do

I would never fight someone who said logistics gets the shit end of every stick... we have metrics on the front end but nothing like you guys have it. I guess it’s a trade of for dealing with the guest BS we do
I just think it's funny because our GSTL/GSAs love the "break" they get when the STS packages arrive. We also don't receive a lot (maybe 3-4 per day max) so that helps I'm sure.

Allegedly, once our remodel moves GS back to the GS hole instead of IGS, they get specific OPU hours and my store wants the GSTM scheduled OPU to own picking the OPU items, which I find rather intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back