Archived Receiving Ship to Store Packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've hit the point that SFS won't make pick or pack goals if we do it, and backroom hours have been cut so much that they can't do it, so I guess they're getting desperate.
On our worst days, we’ve had the 3pm pulls not finished until 8:30pm due to OPUs. Our GVP would shit himself if the OPU GSTM wasn’t standing there waiting for someone to pick up an order lol

On our worst days, we’ve had the 3pm pulls not finished until 8:30pm due to OPUs. Our GVP would shit himself if the OPU GSTM wasn’t standing there waiting for someone to pick up an order lol
My suspicion is that the hours won't materialize like they think they will. With the fairly low volume of OPUs we have, we don't really need a second GSTM just to handle them, so I'm betting the hours will disappear after a couple weeks/months. I liked the period where we were giving BRTMs shifts where they backstocked and did OPUs when they dropped in, but that era seems to have ended.

My suspicion is that the hours won't materialize like they think they will. With the fairly low volume of OPUs we have, we don't really need a second GSTM just to handle them, so I'm betting the hours will disappear after a couple weeks/months. I liked the period where we were giving BRTMs shifts where they backstocked and did OPUs when they dropped in, but that era seems to have ended.
We will often schedule someone for OPU pick on top of SFS coverage, but then they help SFS when they aren’t picking OPUs.

At one point I think sfs did it at my store, since we have a small space for sts. But Guest Services normally does it.

I just think it's funny because our GSTL/GSAs love the "break" they get when the STS packages arrive. We also don't receive a lot (maybe 3-4 per day max) so that helps I'm sure.

Allegedly, once our remodel moves GS back to the GS hole instead of IGS, they get specific OPU hours and my store wants the GSTM scheduled OPU to own picking the OPU items, which I find rather intriguing.
We earn OPU hours at our store and they’re not for that. OPU guests are supposed to come first so best practice says you help the OPU guest as soon as they walk in so that’s what those hours are for.

I’m not sure if you ever found it if the metric was true.
I never really looked into it further since we were literally getting USPS deliveries between 1:45 and 1:55pm most days and nobody ever said anything to me about them being late.

A few months ago, STS was only getting done once a week because they fucked us over on hours and nobody had time to do it. They just sat in a pile at receiving all week. Still never heard about any late orders, aside from guests who wanted their stuff and had called Target.com to be told it was at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back