Archived Red to gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it's insane that Target exists in Australia but has no relationship with Target USA. And that Target USA hasn't gone after them for brand infringement or some shit like that.

Like seriously:
220px-Target_Logo.svg.png

I'm sure that the companies agreed to never ever operate in each other's countries lest the lawsuits start.

Target is really a success story in brand recognition and consumer awareness. According to one study I read, the Bullseye design is one of the most recognizable logos by Americans, with a very large majority of those surveyed being able to accurately replicate it when asked to draw "the Target logo", second only to Apple. Most consumers will know that it's Target without the word "Target" actually being anywhere on the building's facade; the Bullseye is sufficient because they already know what it means.

41% of people surveyed drew the Bullseye design without the Target wordmark, and another 25% drew both the Bullseye design and the Target wordmark. (The Target portion of the study was the least accurate, IMO, because they gave more points to those who included the Target wordmark in the logo than those who just drew the Bullseye even though virtually all marking by corporate has excluded the Target wordmark since like 2014)

Just wait - you'll soon see that design on Bullseye shop shirts.

Yup they just stand there awkwardly or try to type their first and last name into the registry iPad as if that’ll somehow retrieve their order
Walmart near me has an automated tube to pick up orders. Keyboard drops from inside to check in and the lockers rotate to your product or a key for larger items. It's fun.

Walmart near me has an automated tube to pick up orders. Keyboard drops from inside to check in and the lockers rotate to your product or a key for larger items. It's fun.
Walmart's stores also have really tall, warehouse-like ceilings which allow this cool pick-up thing to stand inside.

Not sure why Target opted for the lower ceilings, even in its Super Targets. Maybe cheaper to keep the building climate-controlled?

Ooh. I want pictures.

Target is really a success story in brand recognition and consumer awareness. According to one study I read, the Bullseye design is one of the most recognizable logos by Americans, with a very large majority of those surveyed being able to accurately replicate it when asked to draw "the Target logo", second only to Apple. Most consumers will know that it's Target without the word "Target" actually being anywhere on the building's facade; the Bullseye is sufficient because they already know what it means.

41% of people surveyed drew the Bullseye design without the Target wordmark, and another 25% drew both the Bullseye design and the Target wordmark. (The Target portion of the study was the least accurate, IMO, because they gave more points to those who included the Target wordmark in the logo than those who just drew the Bullseye even though virtually all marking by corporate has excluded the Target wordmark since like 2014)

Are you really an ETL? Or, STL?

To be fair though, costco is a big ass warehouse chain. Target is a furnished retail store.
They are fundamentally different, a typical target store carried probably 80,000+ different sku's(items) although it varies much by physical size and volume while a costco will only carry around 4,000-6,000 of select sku's in bulk. Both Walmart and Target have been reducing their in store sku variety for awhile now but hard to say how you count it when target has online only items in select stores for shipping purposes.

Costco has concrete floors, spot should have them too.

Initially Stores were going to have a Grey "Cement" Tile instead of the new(er) White Tiles and I believe the Store in Nicollet Mall still has areas with them. However they were scrapped before they rolled out in the Remodel as they found they were softer then previous Tiles so they got replaced more and Pallet Jacks (Especially Power Jacks.) would damage the Tiles requiring them to be replaced which. Was an issue to say the least.

The white/speckled tiles still get beat up pretty badly by jacks. And heaven forbid you try to replace any in market because neither team members or guests trying to get into the freezers for ice cream/milk/beer/etc will pay attention to the “don’t run pallet jacks or carts over until x date” signs even if they’re posted all around the setting tiles on cones half as tall as most people. And then the same people will complain the tiles are all dented in (think of potholes happened in tiles, and that’s about the result) and how that’s a safety hazard.

Not a big fan from a looks perspective and a marketing perspective. The color red is a lot better in marketing than gray. It’s just so dull.

I was thinking about this tonight, and I think the gray works a lot better in-store. The neutral tone allows the products and signage to stand out more, which is a good thing, from a guest perspective, and looks cleaner overall.

More red on the outside, though, where you're looking to catch people's eye to bring them to the store, is a good thing.

The White tiles still suck. Especially since they look almost exactly the same as the last tiles and we're only a few months after Remodel and already half the Tiles are damaged so we need to replace them.

The new design look looks like the exterior color/font of a Super Walmart with a giant bullseye. Target with an identity crisis.

We had the name taken off the front and replaced with the Bullseye logo.

The elderly and easily offended are confused and offended, respectively.

If it's going like my stores remodel, the name will eventually come back. it's all lowercase now

On the paint color, I think supposedly red is a color that evokes anxiety and anger or some nonsense and grey is supposed to be soothing and relaxing or something. But we still have like 2 big bright red walls in the store because still have to keep some level of brand recognition going on

We were supposed to have a gray back wall in our remodel but they couldnt get the gray paint on time so it's red instead and I'm still happy about it 2 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back