Archived Redcards on Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how can you possibly ask for Redcards on Black Friday? Wouldn't it slow the process down?? Wouldn't it make guests upset?? I just wonder if they are going to even bother making anyone ask for redcards on black friday.

Nice! Though now that I'm not doing nearly as much cashiering (only two shifts this week), it doesn't take as much to keep my score green.

On Black Friday, you'd have to be insane to ask people for RedCards but then again what better time to save money than a huge purchase. I know that our store is doing some kind of contest and making us work their little scheme for them while they rake the benefits. Apparently, we're being used so the losing teams have to make our ETL's breakfast. And we the people busting our butts off get nothing.

Also, I made a FA group...feel free to join! http://www.thebreakroom.org/group.php?groupid=8

I guess black friday is like any other day except the lines are way longer :wacko: lol

Back during the paper app days, my store had TMs soliciting the line of BF guests for Red Cards before opening. They would run their info inside, process it, and come out with the approval or mail response.

It would be smart to have any remaining Jewelry registers to be made into a Red App station, or have a PDA or store Ipads setup for Red Card applications.

I was told yesterday at work that I would have a specific spot to stand in, and I would have all the info for red cards. I guess I am supposed to pester each guest (after 5 other people have already done so) to get the red cards! Oh what a fun night this will be....

Back during the paper app days, my store had TMs soliciting the line of BF guests for Red Cards before opening. They would run their info inside, process it, and come out with the approval or mail response.

It would be smart to have any remaining Jewelry registers to be made into a Red App station, or have a PDA or store Ipads setup for Red Card applications.

The iPad idea wouldn't be so great. First, then the store won't get the credit. You can't do the check card online, and people (if they're smart) will balk about doing it over a public wifi connection. And all it will take is the person manning the iPad to turn around for a minute when distracted by another guest, and the thing would be gone.

The jewelry boat idea, though, does have merit.

I was told yesterday at work that I would have a specific spot to stand in, and I would have all the info for red cards. I guess I am supposed to pester each guest (after 5 other people have already done so) to get the red cards! Oh what a fun night this will be....

Ugh. The best time, IMO, to get a Redcard is when the guest is watching their total go ever higher and higher and they are hearing the words "5% off". But until they get to the realization on screen how much they will be spending, unless someone has talked to the about it when they are staring at the shelf price, or they already have it in mind from prior knowledge, it's just another pain.

It's like when the new Sam's Club was going up here, Walmart had a billion people in the store pushing people to sign up for memberships. I felt bad for the employees, but I really did not need to be asked 5 times in one trip for something I did not want, and I hated having to go out of my way when I saw the associate coming so I could avoid having that conversation yet again.

Note: if Spot would carry my cat food and cat litter, I wouldn't need to go to the big blue box nearly as often.

I wonder how many stores will run out of RedCard apps?

With my store we still have several cash registers that are not working.....and several out of 18 is a significant number.

We had one last night that was not able to do red cards at all. Then I see he repair guy over working on it.

I wonder how can you possibly ask for Redcards on Black Friday? Wouldn't it slow the process down?? Wouldn't it make guests upset?? I just wonder if they are going to even bother making anyone ask for redcards on black friday.

Last year our STL let guests cut to the front of the line or I guess the back of a shorter line at the jewelry counter if they wanted a Redcard. Not even sure if they loaded that register last night or not.

My store has a goal of 80 for Black Friday.

The STL said that if the guest wants to apply than to let them and if it hold up the line, so be it.

We were told a couple of day ago that ALL red card apps be sent up to guest services for entry. I will be working guest service this year. I also wonder how the tm who asked the guest to apply will get credit. I guess I'll find out in a little over 2 & a half hours now. As I sit here I can hear the wind howling and I know the temps, which have been in the 40s & 50s, are below 20, plus it's been snowing. I'm wondering how many are braving the cold. Last year they started lining up at noon for our midnight opening. There is nothing I want or need that bad to stand in this kind of weather.

It is like any other day, me thinks. If your line is 4 guests deep and no one is responding to additional assistance, they still want you to get RedCards.

Ugh. The best time, IMO, to get a Redcard is when the guest is watching their total go ever higher and higher and they are hearing the words "5% off". But until they get to the realization on screen how much they will be spending, unless someone has talked to the about it when they are staring at the shelf price, or they already have it in mind from prior knowledge, it's just another pain.

It's like when the new Sam's Club was going up here, Walmart had a billion people in the store pushing people to sign up for memberships. I felt bad for the employees, but I really did not need to be asked 5 times in one trip for something I did not want, and I hated having to go out of my way when I saw the associate coming so I could avoid having that conversation yet again.

Note: if Spot would carry my cat food and cat litter, I wouldn't need to go to the big blue box nearly as often.

I would love it if the next POS update would have a dollar amount we could glance at and tell the guests how much they would save by opening a red card. I think a lot of guests don't understand how much it can add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back