Archived Rehireable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious -- If someone quits their job at Target or gets self-terminated, will they be able to reapply and get their job back? And is there some sort of waiting period for it?

If you quit without notice or abandon your job (NCNS multiple times), you will likely be keyed as a non-rehire.
If you give notice & work out your shifts (or get them covered) you'd probably be re-hire able.
If non-rehire able, the time will vary depending on the circumstances of your departure.

If there was notice given , is there any waiting period?

If not, what sort of circumstances determine the length of time you have to wait until they could rehire?

If you gave notice & left on good terms, there shouldn't be any waiting period; it depends on store needs right now.
If you walked & are non-rehireable, I've heard anything from 60 days to a year.
If you're going back to the same store, you'd have to talk to leadership to see how they feel about you.
If they're understanding & you were a good worker, they'd probably take you back.
If they're understanding & you WEREN'T a good worker, you'd do better at a different store.
If they're NOT understanding & you sucked as a worker, you'd do better to apply at Walmart.

If one gets themselves terminated, then why would they want to go back?

In the store I work at, when they give someone a second chance, they usually screw target over again. And leave again.

They come back with a cocky attitude, thinking, yeah I quit but so what, I got my job back. I don't have to work as hard as I should because they need me. I can call out whenever I feel like it because they need me. I can leave things for someone else to do because, well, I got my job back and I am getting a paycheck again.

Those people usually complain about their job too. Causes animosity with coworkers. Coworkers start thinking about how they had to cover your shifts when you quit or were termed because it took forever to get a new person hired. Then they had to train a new person. Then they get pissed when you come back especially with that attitude.

I have seen rehires as being a bad idea, but when target needs a body on the floor they will take anyone.

Do yourself a favor, go somewhere else. You will be better off in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back