Remodel 2020

We're supposed to be getting a full remodel this year, one of the last stores in our area to get one. I think because we were one of the early Swaddle stores and they keep testing out new things with us for it. Wish we could get some details of ours soon, would be helpful in the fixture room refresh to know what won't be needed anymore!

What kind of newness for tech?

I am not surprised at all that the kitchen corner and stationary corners flopped. Buying in those departments, you're looking for specific things, not a bunch of visual adjacency nonsense. Some departments, it's fine to have VMG stuff. Home, along with bedding and bath tables it makes sense. All of style as well.

But *stationary*? Why they thought a stationary corner was ever a good idea is beyond me.

I hope this is a signal that they're toning down some of the visual crap.
Tech remodel just gets a bunch of discovery tables and open up the area like all remodeled areas. Lowered walls, more interactive displays. Carpets and a seating/bar area for market source or mobile plus guests.

Newer than this. There’s a special project name for it, it’s on WB. No more TV Wall and it moves to a valley - thank god; think of Best Buy merging with ATT/Verizon and GameStop. DPCIs shrink in departments but they’ve seen the sales increase still.

2018-2020 they are pretty common lol. 1000 stores is a lot!
Closest we are to a remodel is losing 20% of RTW to be our OPU hold space lol. We’re the oldest and smallest sq/ft store in our area and one of the smallest in the district, we’ll be last in line for any kind of actual remodel. (Last one we had was when we went PFresh in 2012.) But I’m happy other stores get to be all fancy!

Newer than this. There’s a special project name for it, it’s on WB. No more TV Wall and it moves to a valley - thank god; think of Best Buy merging with ATT/Verizon and GameStop. DPCIs shrink in departments but they’ve seen the sales increase still.

No more TV wall, wow.

That won't be a store-wide thing I bet.

What moves to a valley? All of electronics?

No more TV wall, wow.

That won't be a store-wide thing I bet.

What moves to a valley? All of electronics?
TV Wall shrinks down to a valley. Not going to post photos on here. The project is named after the car Marty McFly used. Look that up and you’ll see the project photos.
I hope we get it company wide, but I’m sure the new stores/next years remodels will get them.

TV Wall shrinks down to a valley. Not going to post photos on here. The project is named after the car Marty McFly used. Look that up and you’ll see the project photos.
I hope we get it company wide, but I’m sure the new stores/next years remodels will get them.

Holy shit that looks amazing

Right! I can dream that my next remodel after this one is like that. I want all stores to look like that. Sooooo much better than anything else.

Ok I have googled and I am not sure I am finding what you are talking about. My store is getting remodeled right now. I wonder if we will get your dream boat?

Ok I have googled and I am not sure I am finding what you are talking about. My store is getting remodeled right now. I wonder if we will get your dream boat?
You have to look it up on a target computer to see it...my peer that moved away is getting it and I’m Uber jealous lol

We have kitchen corner and I agree it looks really nice but less product. Also stationary corner is stupid and seasonal corner just makes seasonal more of a mess than it already is. I do really like full wrap stores though. I think style in the middle looks a lot better and helps with the nodes.
Plus the nodes are bad. A store close to us is getting a full remodel. No nodes no. Corners. Its looks good but not practical.

It’s a fixture crew. Build and tear down. No actual construction crew.
We had a construction company do ours. The fixture crew was separate from them they reported directly to me. Not the construction Forman, he was in charge of the drywall, the floors, the elec. Etc, anything thst wasn't fixtures

Plus the nodes are bad. A store close to us is getting a full remodel. No nodes no. Corners. Its looks good but not practical.

Yeah at my store Kids Node next set will be swim. Corporate finally realized that "using kid's node as an extra place for toys is a stupid fucking idea"

Only one store out of 7 remodels this year is getting a node and it’s for kids bedding

I was told by a group director that nodes and "wrap" layouts will be going away.

There’s some scopes to remove the nodes and mod fitting rooms. Seasonal corner is the only one that makes sense and looks the best.

My gs has had freezers and coolers for opus about a year now.

Sameses. It sucks. They're huge and take up a ton of space. But we do brisk business in grocery OPU, enough that we have separate OPU people dedicated to it, so I suppose it might not be a waste of precious behind-GS space.

The nodes are annoying. I hate not being able to get from one side of the store to another, or down the middle of the store, without having to detour around the damn things.

We got a second fitting room that is literally never unlocked, because we have to keep the fitting room locked (eg. staffed), but no hours exist to staff it. Huge waste of space and it pisses guests off because they don't give us signage to indicate it's closed. We've written on the mirrors, but people still don't get it.

Back