Remodel 2020

So my store needs to be a week ahead of the construction team. They need to change all the base decks. So we have to go back and set the base decks. How are you handling this? Or what’s the best way to go back and still stay on track?

Anyone have an update on how their remodel is going? What positions are available? Are you part of the overnight crew?

Anyone have an update on how their remodel is going? What positions are available? Are you part of the overnight crew?

I left work early one day because I couldn't stand the drilling at GS. It sounded like they are drilling all your teeth at once. We have music now, but not at the check lanes. I have not heard that Sam Smith song everyone loves so much. Pets has moved. So far no old ladies have bitten my head of over this. I hear we will get lots of complaints about that. They redid the break room and we haven't had soap in there in a week.

Most of the construction guys smell really bad. It's like they smoke all day and night and don't bother showering. They have also harassed a few female TMs.

I'm not on the remodel crew. I think they are still hiring for overnights.

Does anyone out there under remodel atm, Flight 1, that knows we are supposed to number the aisles in new beauty? Also are you also missing everything you need to do a remodel?

Our remodel started a week ago. I haven't seen much change other than Plano moving things around.

My department is getting beer coolers.

We got told our boat is going and we are supposed to be mirroring the apple store with "check out anywhere devices"...... my worries are we actually use our boat for storage/a workspace that's within eye sight for guests but not accessable by them.... i guess ill have to see when we get things

We got told our boat is going and we are supposed to be mirroring the apple store with "check out anywhere devices"...... my worries are we actually use our boat for storage/a workspace that's within eye sight for guests but not accessable by them.... i guess ill have to see when we get things
That’s 1 of the call outs I had when I saw the plans hopefully by the time it’s my stores time they figure it out for that stuff we need to have stored on the floor. We do fine now with having a MyCheckout it’s just bigger orders tend to only go on registers and if we shrink down to just 1 4Q won’t be so fun.

OOOOOH I THINK I'VE SEEN THIS

We are about a month in, ahead of schedule which is nice. Our construction crew is very respectful, although I'm not sure about the night crew. My job is dayside and I'm loving my M-F schedule. I have learned how to set pogs, audit pogs, order stuff, and other things I didn't have a chance to do in my other position. I'm stressing out over what is happening in my old department, but it's really out of my control. If they offer I may go to the next store with one of the ETLs for that remodel, I'm wanting to promote and my current ETL thinks it would be a good opportunity.

The only issues we seem to have is missing signing, lots of missing signing. Our boat didn't change at all, the electronics peeps were pissed. They were promised something new and got back the same old one, maybe a bit cleaned up. Plano was upset because the person who did the fixture room threw out their personal, labeled supply boxes.

The other day I just missed getting clocked in the head by one of those big metal measuring tapes. Some jackass left it on a riser, in between two boxes of ride on toys. I needed to pull the toys down to fill an aisle I just set and the tape measure came with it. Thankfully it missed.

My experiance with mycheckout is it doesn't work. And i honestly hope we get our same boat back in the same config, it has our security &other supplies in easy reach and i can attend to the floor while spider wrapping/boxing items. I'm fine with changing anything else. I just want a kinda safe place that i can set things down while doing guest service.
Like the team would rejoice if we had our boat back but in a new spot.

Does anyone out there under remodel atm, Flight 1, that knows we are supposed to number the aisles in new beauty? Also are you also missing everything you need to do a remodel?
Yes and no. Look up the ism guide. It’ll show you exactly what aisles/tables to number in the whole store. I numbered more than I was supposed to just to help the team.

Anyone familiar with the framing needed for beauty CSE signing...
We are looking specifically for a part numbered AC0999, can’t find on go cart or Fuse.

Our store is transitioning to baby swaddle for our remodel. Does any one have pictures they can share.....

Our store is transitioning to baby swaddle for our remodel. Does any one have pictures they can share.....

These are from an early version of Swaddle fixturing; there have been some new fixture prototypes for strollers being tested out which allow boxstock to remain on the salesfloor. Car seats also look a bit different now with boxstock on the basedeck and displays above.

We have not had a sink in the breakroom for 3 weeks now, and they shut down the bathrooms at the front end so we have portable bathrooms outside. I get that the construction crew has a timeline, but damn, we want to wash our hands without hiking outside. The family restroom is done but since it's the only bathroom on the sales floor it's always busy. I don't care about new tile, paint, or the huge TV they are installing. I just want a sink. Rant over.

These are from an early version of Swaddle fixturing; there have been some new fixture prototypes for strollers being tested out which allow boxstock to remain on the salesfloor. Car seats also look a bit different now with boxstock on the basedeck and displays above.
Yes! I would love something like this. All of ours are on top of a deck with the stock underneath and it sucks to have to put them back up.

Our aisles are numbered. I am not a beauty or remodel TM, but it is obvious we are missing things. Are you missing fixtures or merch. We are having some issue with some wires (inside a metal cable). They were visible until they were covered with pieces of wood.

Yes! I would love something like this. All of ours are on top of a deck with the stock underneath and it sucks to have to put them back up.

Cribs/recliners are also merchandised down on the floor as well with displayer shelves that sit inside the crib for sheets, blankets, and other accessories.

Isn't that how everyone's carseats are

Isn't that how everyone's carseats are
Swaddle has changed a lot for remodels this year and late last year. There’s a lot more box stock on the floor now instead of selling everything from the back. We started our remodel a few weeks ago and its all different than earlier versions of swaddle I’ve seen

Back