replacement baler/ compactor key

Please note: the link provided is for an original baler. If your store has recently had balers swapped out and you have a newer style baler, this key will not work.

Sign it out in the morning, use it during your shift. sign it back in when you punched out. A terribly difficult procedure for some to follow. Did it for years, never lost one!

Just try going somewhere that makes copies of keys. I know Home Depot wasn't able to make the copies but a friend of mine went to a smaller hardware store that were able to make copies and they made them for about $3 and he was selling the keys to TM's for $5.

Sign it out in the morning, use it during your shift. sign it back in when you punched out. A terribly difficult procedure for some to follow. Did it for years, never lost one!
And when someone else needs the key you have? Do you say "nope, mine" making them go without (and needing to buy their own) or do you work with the team and share even though it means you aren't in possession for a while?

And when someone else needs the key you have? Do you say "nope, mine" making them go without (and needing to buy their own) or do you work with the team and share even though it means you aren't in possession for a while?

I just got tired of waiting for keys to get walked across the store.

Answer to T120, No, of course not. Don't assume. I did most of them anyway and our STL was cool, we just left it in the machine. Those who needed to use the machine used it. We had a cohesive team that worked together. When I left at the end of the shift along with the other 4a team we just returned the key to TSC. We had a no bullshit early morning team. Lost keys generally occurred when the regular crew was off.

Someone at my store “broke” the key mechanism. It’s now stuck in the on the position without a key needed.
PML doesn’t like it since safety and it’s a federal law but hasn’t told his boss yet.
Please note: the link provided is for an original baler. If your store has recently had balers swapped out and you have a newer style baler, this key will not work.
Newer baler, is it just a tiny version of the original baler?

yup! Careless person in a rush put the key in the unit upside down and forced it. This ain't rocket science. My all time favorite was the two wire blow-apart! Fishing out a case of expired eggs wasn't too bad either!

Someone at my store “broke” the key mechanism. It’s now stuck in the on the position without a key needed.
PML doesn’t like it since safety and it’s a federal law but hasn’t told his boss yet.

Newer baler, is it just a tiny version of the original baler?
The newer one is smaller. The motor is on the side with hose line as well. The wheel to open the door is just under the motor casing. It's a little awkward. The biggest and I mean biggest negative is the actual chamber is not as big. Imagine that with the old baler you could double stack chemical boxes before running thats not possible as the baler gets over half full. We all know you can get more in if every box is flatten but does every team member do it? Another of team members will flatten boxes and put them in one box. They will pick box up and just put it all in. These boxes tend to get stuck in back. Everyone thinks its full because it takes longer to put boxes in because of the smaller chamber. Compressing really doesn't work now. I soooo dread shippers, signing boxes, and larger boxes. You will spend more time cutting those boxes to get it inside. Enjoy getting watermelon and pumpkin boxes in it.

The newer one is smaller. The motor is on the side with hose line as well. The wheel to open the door is just under the motor casing. It's a little awkward. The biggest and I mean biggest negative is the actual chamber is not as big. Imagine that with the old baler you could double stack chemical boxes before running thats not possible as the baler gets over half full. We all know you can get more in if every box is flatten but does every team member do it? Another of team members will flatten boxes and put them in one box. They will pick box up and just put it all in. These boxes tend to get stuck in back. Everyone thinks its full because it takes longer to put boxes in because of the smaller chamber. Compressing really doesn't work now. I soooo dread shippers, signing boxes, and larger boxes. You will spend more time cutting those boxes to get it inside. Enjoy getting watermelon and pumpkin boxes in it.

Glad to see we are not the only store that does not seem overly thrilled to have replaced something that was not broken for something that is only so-so. The fill line for making a bale is also a joke for us. If we actually wait until the arrows match up, the bale is so large we can't pull it past our extra line pieces we store nearby. Extra time moving all that out of the way is cumbersome.

Back