Archived Requirements to become a Lead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticTM

Wannabe Fulfillment Captain
Do you need a 4 year degree to eventually become a lead at Target? If so, is there any specific major you need to have in order to move up? If I wanted to go back to school, is there any way to do so with some sort of financial assistance from Target?

Do you need a 4 year degree to eventually become a lead at Target? If so, is there any specific major you need to have in order to move up? If I wanted to go back to school, is there any way to do so with some sort of financial assistance from Target?

Degree is not required for TL if you have leadership work experience.

You don’t need a degree to be a TL. You do need a degree to be hired as an ETL, but Spot doesn’t care what your major was, which explains a lot about how the company is run. 🙄 Check the Target benefits website to see if Spot will help you get your degree. They used to if the degree was in a field that Spot felt was beneficial to the business, but you had to be in leadership to qualify. Don’t know if this is still true. Good luck!

You don’t need a degree to be a TL. You do need a degree to be hired as an ETL, but Spot doesn’t care what your major was, which explains a lot about how the company is run. 🙄 Check the Target benefits website to see if Spot will help you get your degree. They used to if the degree was in a field that Spot felt was beneficial to the business, but you had to be in leadership to qualify. Don’t know if this is still true. Good luck!
The degree requirements for ETLs have been relaxed as well, now its,
  • 4 year degree or equivalent experience.

I know a couple of colleagues in stores that have only 2-year degrees and have moved from TL -> Sr. TL -> ETL. The last move was purely based upon the shear experience and productivity cycle results they could drive from their team (the positive kind where the team is wanting/willing to work for their leadership and push themselves further.) Each case is individual and can be evaluated on a per basis need and overall "grade" from the DTL and STL and potential overall beneficiary store results from a promotion or move.

There are ETLs at my store with no degree. They do however have a LOT of management experience in different retail environments. One of them has no degree and moved up from TL at my store

No longer a requirement. I even know an stl without a degree and he’s was only at target for 4 years before as an ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back