Archived Researching MPG aisles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been meaning to check this but just did not get around to it. After all, if your mother says she loves you, check it out. :)

Anyway, I heard a ETL-LOG saying that MPG aisles must be researched. Either he's wrong or it must be a new thing since from what I learned, you never research MPG aisles because you never know if any carry-forward product is flexed into the aisle. So what's the right answer?

Researching a mpg aisle????!!!!! My br/instocks team lead and I would freak out! If a silly ETL asked me to research that I would check to see if there was d code to pull from the backroom and then flex and fill the aisle to look full and lovely. ...... Not go around changing counts like a nut!!!

I have been meaning to check this but just did not get around to it. After all, if your mother says she loves you, check it out. :)

Anyway, I heard a ETL-LOG saying that MPG aisles must be researched. Either he's wrong or it must be a new thing since from what I learned, you never research MPG aisles because you never know if any carry-forward product is flexed into the aisle. So what's the right answer?

The right answer is to follow Best Practice, which says to use the PTM Apps to fill your MPG aisles as soon as the red labels go up and to hault using OUTs or RSCH on the aisle... The major reason for this is that as soon as an MPG aisles goes to its new status, it should be 100% flexed without holes, so what the heck would you be able to scan using RSCH or OUTS?

Back in the day, it was also because if you tried to RSCH something that was flexed, you were potentially zeroing out counts because it was probably just flexed elsewhere in the aisle... There were filters added to RSCH so if an item is tied to an aisle with an MPG status, all count changes are blocked! Still BP is the way to go though... that is why its called BEST practice :)

That's what I thought. Best practice has not changed. Unfortunately, this ETL has said some other incorrect stuff (and he's also a fellow alumnus, although not the same years)).

lol reminds me of when Instocks was the company focus. And all the retarded 22 year old etl's would be auditing my scans for the day...

"Invictustaylor...there's several aisles in home improvement with tons of empty product, and when I checked in item search, the last research date feature is not indicating that you scanned and researched any of them today. If it's in today's research schedule, you must research all dotted and non dotted outs..."

"Hey see those red labels in the bottom strip of the front endcap? That indicates this aisle is pretransition, there is no backstock locations nor is there more product coming from the dc! Furthermore, the tasklist knows this, and does not direct me to scan any section of any aisle that is mpg. You know nothing about anything, and yet you are suppose to audit me and you are responsible for my development. Every time you open your mouth, there is less doubt for me to give you the benefit of!"

"Best practices. Guest service. Metrics..."

I've never had the PDA ask me to scan an MPG section. Also, that's just a waste of time. We always end up flexing that aisle before we leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back