Movable Backroom Aisles

I know that this fulfillment remodel is a company-wide thing, but my store was really already too small in the backroom. I literally do not see how this can work long-term because people are already losing their shit over all this and it's only going to get worse.
Idea. Have a wall of seasonal/common fulfillment items that are in stationary aisles so they are easier to move.

Idea. Have a wall of seasonal/common fulfillment items that are in stationary aisles so they are easier to move.
That would make sense.

I did notice the other day that our store doesn't have as many movable walls as they said they we were getting.

I would love to see the average pick rate on items from our store BEFORE the remodel and now.

We have to move step stools and a 12 foot ladder to pull items all the time.

Needless to say more stuff gets thrown down than in the past.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
Read this. They might be done with the movable shelves.

My friend told me that a store didn’t have breaks on them (or ant least one) and ant least 10 aisles fell down.

Last I heard they're no longer putting the movable aisles in stores due to too many issues and injuries. Our store was slated to get them when our remodel started a few months ago and we recently found out we no longer are.

Trust me, you don't want these.

MrT

I know all remodels around me were canceled for this year. I don't know if it was a company wide decision but it seems they are seeking alternatives for the last opu remodel we were supposed to get.

I know all remodels around me were canceled for this year. I don't know if it was a company wide decision but it seems they are seeking alternatives for the last opu remodel we were supposed to get.
HQ created more holding areas but did absolutely nothing to help the packing area. Ours is paused till after Christmas. They will have an even smaller area.

Our store and our neighbor store are both set to start at the beginning of the year. I haven't seen the plans other than we're supposed to have "Ultra high +++" for our opu remodel. Not exactly sure what all that entails, but thankfully my SD isn't sure one way or the other yet as to whether we're getting the montels.
HQ created more holding areas but did absolutely nothing to help the packing area. Ours is paused till after Christmas. They will have an even smaller area.
My last store was like that. Hundreds of wacos, but one table. we wound up just hanging printers and bags on the wall where we could and bagging in our cart. I mean it worked, but hindsight 20/20 I guess.

Last edited: