Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

I think that's hilarious, considering most of the fixtures that get pitched are the ones they send us for resets that we didn't need. 2 roller shelves get added in PHAR? Sure, send 4 casepacks!
Yeah that’s definitely a big culprit but also signing TMs ordering stuff and then Plano TL orders it then the ETL notices it and orders.... because why would anyone ever communicate. Also I’ve tossed a decent amount of fixtures just due to poor description and lack of photos

Listening to our HRTM call applicants is hilarious. She's unprofessional and confuses applicants. Then they come for an interview and they don't want to interview for my work center only the open ones or the ones that offer 40 hours.
Soon you won’t hear it anymore.

Is that a promise? Don't get my Hope's up
With the new Workday update phone screens aren’t a thing. An assessment will be completed to determine if you get an interview or not

Basically with the new process applicants will get rated and ranked. When a Leader says they need someone HR will look at the ratings and rankings to determine who to clear to process to an interview. HR makes sure that the calendar has the correct interview openings and posts it. The applicant will receive an email telling them to set up their own interview online in Workday. HR will let the correct Leader know they have an interview scheduled since they never look on Workday I swear. If the TL likes the applicant they’ll clear them to process to a second interview. If the ETL likes them they’ll do the heavy lifting of extending, confirming an orientation, and keying in the applicants availability into Workday.

HR will no longer call applicants and screen them using the COAI nor will we be setting up interviews. HR will never actually talk to an applicant unles there is a problem with Workday or they need an unusual time slot for an interview. Depending on your store and who runs orientation HR might not meet a new TM for several weeks after they are hired this way.

Things are going to get really brutal for HR when $15 an hour hits. That will be the carrot that gets the interviewees in the door, so naturally they'll want to know if they'll be getting the great four-oh or close to that, because cashflow. HR can be honest with them and say "We can't guarantee full time hours and many weeks you should expect 20 or even 12, also here's a list of the 1,978,483 tasks we'll expect from you" and the interviewee will flee before they're done talking. Or HR can lie and say "Oh yeah sure we can totally give you hours every week" and the new hire will bug out once they've had enough time to realize they were duped. So that's fun.

Things are going to get really brutal for HR when $15 an hour hits. That will be the carrot that gets the interviewees in the door, so naturally they'll want to know if they'll be getting the great four-oh or close to that, because cashflow. HR can be honest with them and say "We can't guarantee full time hours and many weeks you should expect 20 or even 12, also here's a list of the 1,978,483 tasks we'll expect from you" and the interviewee will flee before they're done talking. Or HR can lie and say "Oh yeah sure we can totally give you hours every week" and the new hire will bug out once they've had enough time to realize they were duped. So that's fun.
They do that now at my store tho.
I live in a low cost of living area. Target employees make more than managers at smaller retailers in the area and probably supervisors are some of the bigger ones.
People have been running to our doors since it went up to $10 because minimum wage is $7.25.

Basically with the new process applicants will get rated and ranked. When a Leader says they need someone HR will look at the ratings and rankings to determine who to clear to process to an interview. HR makes sure that the calendar has the correct interview openings and posts it. The applicant will receive an email telling them to set up their own interview online in Workday. HR will let the correct Leader know they have an interview scheduled since they never look on Workday I swear. If the TL likes the applicant they’ll clear them to process to a second interview. If the ETL likes them they’ll do the heavy lifting of extending, confirming an orientation, and keying in the applicants availability into Workday.

HR will no longer call applicants and screen them using the COAI nor will we be setting up interviews. HR will never actually talk to an applicant unles there is a problem with Workday or they need an unusual time slot for an interview. Depending on your store and who runs orientation HR might not meet a new TM for several weeks after they are hired this way.
Geez, talk about getting lost in the process.

The way we would bring people in to interview last week would have meant I had a conversation with each applicant about realistic hours and if they asked job details, before scheduling the interview. That way is over. Now I’ll no longer talk to any applicant before they’re hired outside of a mass hiring event (fucking kill me I hate those with a passion) or if they have a weird circumstance setting up an interview.
They do that now at my store tho.
I live in a low cost of living area. Target employees make more than managers at smaller retailers in the area and probably supervisors are some of the bigger ones.
People have been running to our doors since it went up to $10 because minimum wage is $7.25.
I swear we could be neighbors because that’s exactly my area too. Super poor area with a higher than national unemployment but our applicants just aren’t good. How bad is it when cash under the table jobs (and definitely illegal stuff) is the better option? I just shake my head and remember they got Al Capone for tax evasion too..

Paper applications will still exist, but we’re only going to hand them out in an accommodation situation now, since with the new process a paper applicant will slow it down with extra steps that’ll have to be taken. Applicants REALLY need to have an email address more than ever too.

I feel like this will lose a lot of applicants upset they can't ask questions or don't want to be recruited by a computer. I suppose it'll do better with the young crowd, which I guess works with Spot's new wish for high turnover hires.

I feel like this will lose a lot of applicants upset they can't ask questions or don't want to be recruited by a computer. I suppose it'll do better with the young crowd, which I guess works with Spot's new wish for high turnover hires.
I was also thinking about those with limited access to email or maybe those who don’t really check it or keep up that often, which tends to be older people. Some people get so much spam and junk, and don’t think to have a separate email address for business/jobs. I’ve had one with my name in for that purpose since 2004 or so. Only important things to go that one.

Do they'll have to download Workday to even apply? Or is there a special "portal" specific to Target that applicants will use and not have to download Workday.
I’m sure they’ll still go to the careers site and that will redirect them to a Workday application. I have the day off but I’ll see if it’s changed tomorrow. Today the JAS kiosks were all to be turned on so they could be scrubbed and decommissioned.
Please send me a copy. Please please please.
I would have to send via my work email and that’s not something I’m comfortable with doing. However when I go in tomorrow I’ll see where the videos are - I saved the page as a Favorite for further reference. It’s whatever page has a ton of other videos, there are just 4 for the new Workday application rollout. All I need is 24 hours of patience!

Back