Archived Resume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!

My job search is coming along kind of slowly....ran into some access problems....got that all figured out.....thanks to a TBR team member!

Anyway, I'm registered on a couple of job search sites and have been getting job listings. So far the jobs seem to be too varied so I've got to figure out a better way to list my resume. I'm also beginning to register for jobs at specific company web sites. I am hoping that I'll be making some good progress now.

This whole process is a lot more exhausting than I expected it to be. That's probably due to the fact that this is my first job search using the "power" of the internet. Last time I needed a job I went to the Target job fair for the opening of a new (not so new now) store. That was a few years ago.

I had a great reminder of how spot's pay scale doesn't seem very fair to me. Before Thanksgiving weekend I asked our HR how much a new cashier got paid...she said $8.00. I then asked what a new experienced cashier got....$8.00.
I've been with my store for seven years and I make $8.99. I've gotten my yearly reviews and pay increases, but it really seems unfair to me that I've been with spot and only make .99 cents more than a new cashier. Oh well, another great reason for me to keep up the job search!!

Here's an update.....

I've been working at narrowing down my job options and have begun to get listings more suited to the types of jobs that I think I can do.
For xmas I got some new clothes and these will be helpful for me when going on an interview. Stuff is slowly coming together and I'm becoming more confident in my future.

Good luck on your job search :D Some things are meant to fall apart so better things can fall together.

Be safe. Stay awesome. Be yourself and show those employers the brightest you can be :)

--A Poem about Confidence--
“If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you've lost,
For out in the world we find
Success being with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are:
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before