Archived Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've almost $200k in the 401. I was obviously younger then and had no outlook that I'd be here still.

Well, hindsight is a wonderful thing, sometimes. At least if you don't have the pension, you've got a good start on your nest egg!

Last edited:
How much is the average pension for the old timers who contributed before the 401k became the plan? I've been around 20 years, and what I did put in the pension would amount to about $40 a month. I really didn't pay attention to the option to keep the pension plan vs. rollover to the 401.
I should get about $600/month between the 2 Target pensions

I should get about $600/month between the 2 Target pensions

Sweet! Will that amount increase if you continue to work for Target?

Those who have pensions are very fortunate. I don't have one, so I've always had to make a conscious effort to save. My spouse has 3 pensions... thankfully.

There was a lady at my store and she was leaving because Target offered her a generous package to retire. It sounded like Target came to her to talk over retirement. So, I'm wondering if Target actually goes to TMs and asks them to retire? The fact that they were offering a retirement package sure makes it sound like they approached her....is that possible?
If they approached her, I wonder what their thoughts were to make them go to her to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back