Archived Returned Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently asked to be trained in GS but now I'm really debating if I should, because I probably won't get trained properly and I'm gonna pull shit like this. :(

I recently asked to be trained in GS but now I'm really debating if I should, because I probably won't get trained properly and I'm gonna pull shit like this. :(
It just comes with time. There are so many little nuances and situations that it is impossible to expect someone to know everything right out of the gate. If you don't feel as comfortable yet I'd recommend keeping your GSA/GSTL close to help you out when you get in those sticky situations. That being said I'd pick GS any day rather than be stuck at a cash register.

One time my sister bought a barstool online, but it came broken. So she brought it in to return.

But one day when I was walking in furniture, and I found the same barstool she previously returned on the shelf. It was taped shut, and it had the SHIPPING LABEL with her address, name, and everything. I had an interesting conversation with guest services that afternoon.

That is the one thing that drives me nuts besides the open cosmetics "Really you need to mark that out? Why?"

I think it would assist GS if we had bins for things that need repackage, need to defect, in addition to the bins divided into sections (A,B,C&D,E,F and G), TM's on the floor often are not given any time to defect or there is another TM on that register. I waste so much time with backstock that is in Reshop.
When I find huge blankets unwraped on the floor it take it to GS to repack, next day it is back in reshop NOT wrapped. Or stuff that has no DPCI, or any $$ on it and it is an online only item, please repackage As Is.

I even carry tape to close packages so I don't have to bother GS with it.

Starmaster, don't doubt yourself. :) You have a distinct advantage over the average newbie in that you've been reading this and other similar threads, so you already know some of what you need. You just don't realize you know it yet until you have to put it to use.

I think it would assist GS if we had bins for things that need repackage, need to defect, in addition to the bins divided into sections (A,B,C&D,E,F and G), TM's on the floor often are not given any time to defect or there is another TM on that register. I waste so much time with backstock that is in Reshop.
When I find huge blankets unwraped on the floor it take it to GS to repack, next day it is back in reshop NOT wrapped. Or stuff that has no DPCI, or any $$ on it and it is an online only item, please repackage As Is.

I even carry tape to close packages so I don't have to bother GS with it.

Yeah, I've found that if I don't lay stuff out on the counter and let someone know what the deal is (defective, needs info (and here's another package with info), needs repair, etc.) stuff just gets sorted without anyone looking at it. I try to do that stuff myself, but sometimes I don't have the time before I leave.

We've started tucking some of the plastic adhesive peg hanger thingies in some of the sales floor spill stations. Someone stashed a whole stack of them behind a shipper on a BTS endcap, which was a spot of genius. I hope nobody from leadership sees it.

Here’s the deal: I’m happy to print stickers for you or defect out a couple items or whatever BUT YOU HAVE TO TELL ME! Don’t leave stuff with no note on the desk! If we’re busy use receipt paper or whatever and just tape a note to the item with what you need. If it doesn’t have a note, I’ll either defect it or send it back to you.

If you JUST need an as is or online item sticker, go to a GS POS and hit k8 then enter your number (no pin) and scan the item. A red sticker will automatically print out. Or if you need a rewrap, follow those instructions but hit k2(maybe 3) item needs repackage

Here’s the deal: I’m happy to print stickers for you or defect out a couple items or whatever BUT YOU HAVE TO TELL ME! Don’t leave stuff with no note on the desk! If we’re busy use receipt paper or whatever and just tape a note to the item with what you need. If it doesn’t have a note, I’ll either defect it or send it back to you.

If you JUST need an as is or online item sticker, go to a GS POS and hit k8 then enter your number (no pin) and scan the item. A red sticker will automatically print out. Or if you need a rewrap, follow those instructions but hit k2(maybe 3) item needs repackage

Honestly this right here. You have no idea how many times things arrive on the Service Desk without notes. We'll do our best to figure out what's up with it, but if we see nothing wrong physically, we'll reshop it. The worst are AP items. Team members will often just leave the empty packages sitting on the desk without any sort of note.

Honestly this right here. You have no idea how many times things arrive on the Service Desk without notes. We'll do our best to figure out what's up with it, but if we see nothing wrong physically, we'll reshop it. The worst are AP items. Team members will often just leave the empty packages sitting on the desk without any sort of note.
yep. And idk about others but if I make a mistake (I’m human) please tell me (politely) so that I don’t make it again

This is all possible if no one takes our second printer. I came in one morning to find both of our GS printers missing. My GSTL made a walkie call and no one fessed up to taking them. We did find out who took them, just really pissed us off that they took them and ignored our calls to return at least one. Try working GS with no printer and watch the defectives build up quickly.

The other thing I hate is when we get some help with the line and whoever came to help out leaves their returns/defectives on the counter. Why is it so hard to put the items in reshop or to defect them out?

This is all possible if no one takes our second printer. I came in one morning to find both of our GS printers missing. My GSTL made a walkie call and no one fessed up to taking them. We did find out who took them, just really pissed us off that they took them and ignored our calls to return at least one. Try working GS with no printer and watch the defectives build up quickly.
Oh at my store GS has two printers that are ours, period. They are not taken. Sometimes we have a third for STS. That one comes and goes.

The other thing I hate is when we get some help with the line and whoever came to help out leaves their returns/defectives on the counter. Why is it so hard to put the items in reshop or to defect them out?
But look I'd rather them leave it there than do it wrong. We just had to clean our donate bin because someone left meat and cheese in it instead of override to destroy. Smelled awful

When I find huge blankets unwraped on the floor it take it to GS to repack, next day it is back in reshop NOT wrapped.
I always felt those were easier to repackage on the floor anyway. Then you can get a rough idea of how to fold it based off the other ones on the floor, or at least how tall/wide it needs to be to fit in its space.

THIS IS WHY I WRITE NOTES ON EVERYTHING. Huge item that doesn’t fit in a cart so it’s just on the floor until I can call someone to grab it? “Just reshop” taped on it. I found a bunch of defects in a reshop cart? All together in a hand basket with a “defects” note taped on the handle. Guest wanted to leave an item up there while they grab another size/color/whatever to exchange it with? Note on it that says “for an exchange”. Because I know how frustrating it is to turn your back for like 5 seconds and when you turn back around there’s shit all over the counter that someone just dropped and dipped and you’re just like “wtf is this?!” or your fellow GSTM is like “I’m gonna take my break” so you’re trying to clean up and you have no clue what anything they were dealing with is 🙃

What is this training you speak of? It is sink or swim.
Lol I luckily got some training with a TM who's been there a few years so they showed me all the basics, and also handed me a book with training material during down time (yes, there was a bit of down time!)
Starmaster, don't doubt yourself. :) You have a distinct advantage over the average newbie in that you've been reading this and other similar threads, so you already know some of what you need. You just don't realize you know it yet until you have to put it to use.
This is true, @GoodyNN ! I remembered a few things I've seen and about the defecting stuff, and my trainer was also very helpful. :D

It just comes with time. There are so many little nuances and situations that it is impossible to expect someone to know everything right out of the gate. If you don't feel as comfortable yet I'd recommend keeping your GSA/GSTL close to help you out when you get in those sticky situations. That being said I'd pick GS any day rather than be stuck at a cash register.
You're right, I enjoyed GS a lot more. My trainer was also very very helpful and walked me through any new things that popped up. I hope they schedule me for more GS!

One time my sister bought a barstool online, but it came broken. So she brought it in to return.

But one day I was walking in furniture, and I found the same barstool she previously returned on the shelf. It was taped shut, and it had the SHIPPING LABEL with her address, name, and everything. I had an interesting conversation with guest services that afternoon.

I've found shipping labels on a few of those giant rugs before. I noticed it after I scanned it for a price check and it showed as "not sold here" AND the guest's receipt was stuck inside the plastic wrap for some reason...derp

But look I'd rather them leave it there than do it wrong. We just had to clean our donate bin because someone left meat and cheese in it instead of override to destroy. Smelled awful
I agree, but most of the time it is the GSTL/TL's who come to help out. They should know how to reshop or defect out items properly.

k
I always felt those were easier to repackage on the floor anyway. Then you can get a rough idea of how to fold it based off the other ones on the floor, or at least how tall/wide it needs to be to fit in its space.
I know how to defect/repackage. TL"s give me no time to do this. When I finally get to GS five min. before close, the register is too, or the printers are showing offline, and the TL/LOD is squawking over the walkie to walk my area for stray Guests before lights out.
What am I to repackage a King size furry bedspread with? Often the only packaging I can find that relates to the merch is a too small ribbon that will never fit around it again. Try to get a curtain back in the cardboard with the peg hanger in the correct place with nowhere to lay it down to fold. I can do it but it takes valuable zone time

THIS IS WHY I WRITE NOTES ON EVERYTHING. Huge item that doesn’t fit in a cart so it’s just on the floor until I can call someone to grab it? “Just reshop” taped on it. I found a bunch of defects in a reshop cart? All together in a hand basket with a “defects” note taped on the handle. Guest wanted to leave an item up there while they grab another size/color/whatever to exchange it with? Note on it that says “for an exchange”. Because I know how frustrating it is to turn your back for like 5 seconds and when you turn back around there’s shit all over the counter that someone just dropped and dipped and you’re just like “wtf is this?!” or your fellow GSTM is like “I’m gonna take my break” so you’re trying to clean up and you have no clue what anything they were dealing with is 🙃

Exactly cause sometimes I would find that the system would be offline so I would have to leave stuff, like defects and I had the item with the barcode cause the one to defect did not, notes always kept me in good graces with the GS peeps.

Exactly cause sometimes I would find that the system would be offline so I would have to leave stuff, like defects and I had the item with the barcode cause the one to defect did not, notes always kept me in good graces with the GS peeps.
Hot tip: if it says system offline when you try to defect it’s not actually offline it’s just an online only item it doesn’t know what to do with. Print an online only sticker if possible or failing that use the PDA. (Or leave us a note :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back